Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul's Vikings-Colts analysis and breakdown

Ah... finally time to move on to the Indy game.
    Let's talk about the Colts!!!!

Vikings Passing Defense vs Colts Passing Offense
    Edge: Colts
    The Bears did a good job pressuring Manning and keeping him off from his A game.
    Part of that obviously had to do with Manning missing out on all of preseason.
    I think he will be in better form come Sunday.
    Our vaunted DL didn't record a single sack against the Packers, who had a patchwork OL.
    I know that Saturday is out, and their rookie center is struggling.
    But unless our DL can put in a better performance, Manning will rebound from last week's loss nicely.

Vikings Rushing Defense vs Colts Rushing Offense
    Edge: Vikings
    The status on Addai is unknown.
    I am pretty sure he suffered a concussion against the Bears last week.
    If that is the case, I doubt that he will be in week 2 against the best run defense in the league.
    Dominic Rhodes is a pretty significant step down.

Vikings Passing Offense vs Colts Passing Defense

The Bears didn't need to pass against the Colts to win, and I don't expect the Vikings to try it either.
    Their secondary is stronger than their rushing D, so expect a run heavy offense from the Vikes.
    Given TJack's less than impressive game in GB, I don't think we will see a 65/35 pass to run ration again.

Vikings Rushing Offense vs Colts Rushing Defense
    Am I the only one who saw Michael Turner not get touched by any Colt until 50 yds later?? Did I mention this happened not once but TWICE in 3 series he played?
    And then the Bears run all over the colts with Forte, who is good, but not THAT good.
    The Vikings should be able to run All Day all day against the Colts.
    I also think that Childress will use Chester more in short yardage situations.

Special Teams
    Edge: Tie
    We gave up a PR but blocked a field goal.
    Colts looked neither good nor bad.

Overall

I am not saying that the Colts will win... I am just saying that they look better on paper right now.
    Manning will have a decent game against the Vikings (although JA will get his first sack in purple).
    If the Vikings want to win this game, we need to offset the Colts passing attack with our running game.
    It is doable, and the Vikings will be fired up at home.
    I am excited for the game...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: NodakPaul's Vikings-Colts analysis and breakdown

If we lose this week I am going to ask you to refrain from posting these things due to the fact they may be bad luck for the team.

I am not superstitious but I am a little stitious. ;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Nice breakdown, I agree with you on every point.

I'd have to say I even agree with you on the overall edge... however, I would have given the edge to the Colts against the Bears too.

Can't wait till Sunday.

[size=2pt]Fire Childress[/size]
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks Paul.

I would just like to add that the Bores showed two LB'rs over the C alot of times and mixed it up with respect to how many they sent.

If we blitz as much (I hope to all that is holy we don't have to) as we did against the PUKERS, I hope they can get pressure up the middle like the Bores did or we are toast.

If Rodgers could pick us apart with our LB's out of the pass coverage, Peyton surely can I would assume.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Yeah, got to give the Colts the edge over the pack at QB and WR...although with the way Jennings is coming on, WR may be closer than many think.
    On the other hand, I think the Pack has a much better defense...at least up front, and at the CBs positions...at least if they let them mug like that cuz they're vets, or Packers or something...

Frankly, I'm still shocked by how well their patchwork OL held up.
    Granted, IMHO a lot of that was due to playcalling quick releases to back our D up and negate the pressure.
    In week 2 we have a similar situation...we're likely to be seeing 3 rookies across the middle of their OL, but with another quick twitch release QB.
    It will be imperitive that our offense find more consistency coming up with a new set of downs and staying on the field!!
    We know that Peyton will score some points, but I think our D can hang tough if they don't spend too much time on the field.
    So, as pointed out, we'll need to see more strong running from both backs, AND a much better completion % from TJack!!
    I think Sanders is better vs. the run than the pass and he is the key to that D...we'll need some misdirection to keep him guessing...but I don't think they can hang man to man (and hold hands with) our WRs the way the Pack did.

The key with the blitz is to show it often enough without actually doing it that Mr. Manning and Co. get a little comfortable back there before we bring it!
    Like the Bears, mix and match and keep guys moving so Peyton doesn't find the holes in our zone and go to schoolin!
    And, as always, stuff the run and watch the screens cuz the Colts will find ways to get their RBs the ball too.

With the Colts hurting on OL and Peyton still trying to find his rhythm, we just might have a chance.
    Can our DL disrupt his timing by crushing the pocket?
    Will TJack settle down at home and bring back some of the cool confidence we heard about in TC and saw briefly in preseason vs. vanilla Ds?
    Answers to those two questions coming Sunday and likely determining this game's outcome...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im not looking forward to this!!!

Peyton is a freak

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks NP.
    This game could get really ugly in a hurry if Peyton is playing his A game and the D doesn't come together a little better with their supposed new-found pressuring the QB game.
    If the D starts doing what they were theoretically going to do this season there will be a chance.
    The obvious hole is Saturday, work that spot over until the center sees nothing but stars.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

nailhead77 is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:
    Thanks NP.
    This game could get really ugly in a hurry if Peyton is playing his A game and the D doesn't come together a little better with their supposed new-found pressuring the QB game.
    If the D starts doing what they were theoretically going to do this season there will be a chance.
    The obvious hole is Saturday, work that spot over until the center sees nothing but stars.

Agree,
    i am always nervous playing a good team the week after they suffer that kind of loss.
    Odds are peyton has worked even harder than normal to avoid going 0-2.
    I hope our coaches can be a little more creative this week.
    SAVE US DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Am I the only one who saw Michael Turner not get touched by any Colt until 50 yds later?? Did I mention this happened not once but TWICE in 3 series he played?
    And then the Bears run all over the colts with Forte, who is good, but not THAT good.
    Matt Forte, you
    mean?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Matt Forte, you
    mean?
    Nope.
    I meant Michael Turner, in preseason week 2.
    Against the Colts starting D.
    Game high lights

I was talking about Forte in the next sentance though, when I said " And then the Bears run all over the colts with Forte, who is good, but not THAT good."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast