Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

‘Nobody happy’ among Vikings

The Vikings are using the old “one game at a time” mantra heading into their bye week. The mood at Winter Park wasn’t depressed Monday, but the coaches and players realize that a 3-4 record isn’t what they had hoped for at this point in the season.
    http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=803282
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: ‘Nobody happy’ among Vikings

They better be P O'd, and pull it together. Far too much talent to slide into mediocrity.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:

They better be P O'd, and pull it together. Far too much talent to slide into mediocrity.
    They have what about 7 probowlers?
    Peterson, Birk, Hutch, Allen Williams, Williams, Sharper and a couple with the talent to make a probowler such as Winfield, McKinnie, if you want to count EJ.
    This team definately has the talent.
    Now they need to gel, stop making stupid mistakes and work as a team.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I'll do a little cheerleading here.

The Vikings are using the old “one game at a time” mantra heading into their bye week. The mood at Winter Park wasn’t depressed Monday, but the coaches and players realize that a 3-4 record isn’t what they had hoped for at this point in the season.

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=803282

It was a tough schedule to start the season and the Bears weren't what we thought they would be this year.
    But we showed signs of life in the Bears game.

Berrian looked good and is getting better each game it seems.
    Schiancoe is doing likewise.
    Harris had a decent game, better than I expected, at middle linebacker.
    Cook had a better game. And the line is blocking a little better as a unit.

Certainly were some negatives as well. Those have been hashed over in other threads, so I'm not ignoring them, just avoiding redundancy.

There is a long season and there is still a chance to turn it around.
    I won't say it can't be done.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Berrian looked good and is getting better each game it seems.
    Schiancoe is doing likewise.
    Harris had a decent game, better than I expected, at middle linebacker.
    Cook had a better game. And the line is blocking a little better as a unit.
    I'd have to agree with all of that. Like I said in another thread, this loss gave me more confidence that our past two wins. Other than ST, we looked sharp. Too bad we have one of the worst ST in the league.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I can't believe anyone that has followed the NFL longer than, say a couple seasons, would even think about throwing in the towel.
    You have to look all the way back to '07 to see an example of a team that was inconsistent, wanted the HC canned, got torched by marginal teams as last as wk 12 in the season, and came out on fire when the playoffs hit.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Not surprised by this drivel reporting...nothing interesting here. Any player or coach who would say anything differently than these cliches would be a total idiot.

3-4 going into the bye is totally unacceptable...not what they hoped for? What were they hoping for?

If we were only searching for an identity, I would be OK with that. But we are searching for so many things that should have already been in place, that we are going to have a tough time pulling it all together.

“...And it’s in those critical areas of turning the football over, taking it away, offense, defense and special teams penalties and then explosive plays. Getting them on offense and denying them on defense, that will be kind of our mantra going forward here."
    What else is there???

Childress said one positive is that the players recognize that things must improve.
    What a revelation.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Childress said one positive is that the players recognize that things must improve.
    What a revelation.
    ....and they call him stupid.
    That is definitely a breakthrough of epic proportions.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Not surprised by this drivel reporting...nothing interesting here. Any player or coach who would say anything differently than these cliches would be a total idiot.

3-4 going into the bye is totally unacceptable...not what they hoped for? What were they hoping for?

If we were only searching for an identity, I would be OK with that. But we are searching for so many things that should have already been in place, that we are going to have a tough time pulling it all together.

“...And it’s in those critical areas of turning the football over, taking it away, offense, defense and special teams penalties and then explosive plays. Getting them on offense and denying them on defense, that will be kind of our mantra going forward here."
    What else is there???

What a revelation.
    brilliant.