Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    What are these incentive based contracts to proven players you're talking about? The one 150k incentive for catching over 90 passes? Manning's certainly wasnt incentive laden.
    Realistically, top-tier players don't agree to incentive-laiden contracts.

The only players that really agree to heavily-incentive based contracts are guys coming off injury or legal trouble, and know nobody's going to want to give up guaranteed money.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Lol. Me a Vikings Yes Man. Are dogs and cats now living in peace?

Whodathunkit?
    Mr. Yes Man. I think we should start calling you that. It's obvious this org can do no wrong in your eyes. Blind homerism not allowing you to see this franchise for what it really is...an empty shell of dufus' that can't tell up from down. Any fan on this site would do a better job than them. It's so obvious, I just can't understand why you can't get it.

Seriously PF, get with it man. I'm really starting to have a hard time reading your shit.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Uffda, we all saw it coming. PF is taking over for Sid Hartman !
    Last edited by smegmavike; 03-14-2013 at 11:14 AM.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

Winfield was a fan favorite, but he was no longer the best CB on our team, much less in the league.
    According to stats, I believe he was the best CB on our team. It sure as hell wasn't AJ jefferson or Chris Cook.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    According to stats, I believe he was the best CB on our team. It sure as hell wasn't AJ jefferson or Chris Cook.
    Statistically, according to Profootballfocus, he was the best corner in the league last season.

However, that's mostly due to his exceptional ability to stop the run as a cornerback.

He was also our #1 undervalued player on their performance/pay rankings for 2012. But that was at $3 million. Even at 240% of his 2012 salary he'd remain in the #1 slot by their rankings.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...esota-vikings/

Despite the numbers, he isn't worth $7.25 million. He doesn't have the cover skills to warrant that. I love how tough he is, and his tackling ability, but you need to be on their #1 receiver to warrant that kind of a cap hit.

I wish we'd have restructured the guy though. It's a shame to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Despite the numbers, he isn't worth $7.25 million. He doesn't have the cover skills to warrant that. I love how tough he is, and his tackling ability, but you need to be on their #1 receiver to warrant that kind of a cap hit.

Oh, I agree 100% man. Yeah he shouldn't be making no 7 mil a year, but like you said, he should have been approached with a lower salary offer and given the chance to stay. I feel bad for the guy with how it all went down, but that is the brutal business that is the NFL.

Also, Kevin Williams shouldn't be making no 8 mil a year, and I really believe he is the next one to get the ax. I believe its easier to replace a DT then a DB personally. We have a lot of talent right now on the DL with Allen, Guion, Robison, Griffen, and I am sure I am forgetting a few, but we are so depleted in our secondary.

Not to mention that the draft is deep in DT this year, it won't be a problem getting a good DT in the later rounds. They have to go WR and either DB or LB with their 2 1st rd picks IMO.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Statistically, according to Profootballfocus, he was the best corner in the league last season.

However, that's mostly due to his exceptional ability to stop the run as a cornerback.

He was also our #1 undervalued player on their performance/pay rankings for 2012. But that was at $3 million. Even at 240% of his 2012 salary he'd remain in the #1 slot by their rankings.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...esota-vikings/

Whether it was due to his exceptional ability to stop the run as a cornerback or not, we now still need to replace him & someone will need to step up & be able to produce at or above that level. Who's going to stop those runs now?

Who will it be? Robinson or Sherels that plays better than Winfield.

Getting younger & paying less at several positions is great, but if you don't replace the talent you got rid of with better talent, all you did was downgrade your team.

Is our goal to win Super Bowls or is it to field the youngest team possible at the cheapest price?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Winfield was a fan favorite, but he was no longer the best CB on our team, much less in the league.
    Who do you feel was our best CB then? Sherels? Robinson? Cook? Jefferson?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Lol. Me a Vikings Yes Man. Are dogs and cats now living in peace?

Whodathunkit?
    Mr. Yes Man. I think we should start calling you that. It's obvious this org can do no wrong in your eyes. Blind homerism not allowing you to see this franchise for what it really is...an empty shell of dufus' that can't tell up from down. Any fan on this site would do a better job than them. It's so obvious, I just can't understand why you can't get it.

Seriously PF, get with it man. I'm really starting to have a hard time reading your shit.
    Yeah, it's a heavy cross to bear. But I have broad shoulders lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast