Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    And you complained and ranted against spielman and the direction this team was going all last year and look what happened. I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade for a WR before the draft, then take 2 WRs in the first couple rounds. Spielman and Frazier are 100% invested in ponder and they definitely have a plan. I don't think anything surprised them so far in FA so I am not worried about their plan falling apart.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    There is only one player in this draft that can replace Percy Harvin. That would be Tavon Austin. If we can draft him, I would feel a lot better about the trade. The other receivers scare me. Patterson will be long gone by 23 anyways. According to the draft chart, a package of the 23 and 25 would land us something near 7th or 8th overall. If we love Patterson, we might package those as a trade up. Who knows. I'm sorry for being so impatient. These just look like blatantly backwards and stubborn moves on paper. He is getting cocky. Not every draft pick is going to pan out for us. I hope Rick continues his recent draft success. In that area he has been A+. I am always the first to compliment his college scouting ability. I wish he was just our college scouting director (although I love Studwell). John Elway is the perfect example of what I want in a General Manager. ALWAYS incentive based contracts to proven players. Pair that with good drafting and you are contending every year. Baalke in San Fran does this perfectly as well. It's possible to add certain experienced UFAs to compliment your homegrown core in the draft. Without giving up a fortune like Jeff Ireland! I never preach overpaying. I just wish we wouldn't try to replace all-stars with draft picks. Even if they are high draft picks.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I am by no means a Spielman fan but i do like to see them at least trying to get younger and not rely on the Social Security crowd to fill the holes the team has and I am sick of them taking the castaways from The Packers.
    Getting younger doesn't necessarily mean you're getting better (look at our WR corp right now) and you're forgetting how much those elite veterans mean or do for the incoming rookies. Our "veteran presence" on our WR corp hasn't caught more than 50% of the passes thrown his way in the past 2 years.

This team that you praise for trying to get younger is letting a young Brinkley walk and are trying to sign Urlacher who will be 35 this season. Isn't that the same age as Winfield who they just cut?

I don't have a problem with the team getting younger if you're bringing in talent, but you'd think they would have that talent in place before cutting the veteran & banking on being able to upgrade in a yet to happen draft.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-14-2013 at 06:13 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I am by no means a Spielman fan but i do like to see them at least trying to get younger and not rely on the Social Security crowd to fill the holes the team has and I am sick of them taking the castaways from The Packers.
    Getting younger doesn't necessarily mean you're getting better (look at our WR corp right now) and you're forgetting how much those elite veterans mean or do for the incoming rookies. Our "veteran presence" on our WR corp hasn't caught more than 50% of the passes thrown his way in the past 2 years.

This team that you praise for trying to get younger is letting a young Brinkley walk and are trying to sign Urlacher who will be 35 this season. Isn't that the same age as Winfield who they just cut?

I don't have a problem with the team getting younger if you're bringing in talent, but you'd think they would have that talent in place before cutting the veteran & banking on being able to upgrade in a yet to happen draft.
    Of course it doesn't. With young players it is always a crapshoot as to what you are getting with them. As to urlacher, maybe they are just putting that out there to appease guys like you who are bitching about every move they are making even though you have no clue what they are doing behind the scenes but buy into every speculative article that some guy with no more of a clue than we have puts on the Internet.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    10 yard cushions but always makes the tackle on Rbs for 1 yard gains or losses.. Your math makes no sense. Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man. The guy was rated as the best CB last year. He had an incredible season and our defense played well and opposing Qbs targeted the other guys. Yet you sit here and say...a cb with 100 tackles and 12 pass defensed needed to be put out to pasture..... right!!!!!!
    LOL. PF is a yes man? Holy shit, then I would hate to hear what I am.

I love the armchair GMs who think they can do better. Winfield was rated as the best CB last year? In what ranking? I wonder what Revis thinks of that... or Bailey, or Woodson, or Joseph, or Rogers...

Winfield was a fan favorite, but he was no longer the best CB on our team, much less in the league.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    BTW, Jennings is in Minnesota today... just saying. One big FA signing and all of a sudden everyone is happy again.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    LOL. PF is a yes man? Holy shit, then I would hate to hear what I am.

Lol. Me a Vikings Yes Man. Are dogs and cats now living in peace?

Whodathunkit?

Blog Entries
    Lol. Me a Vikings Yes Man. Are dogs and cats now living in peace?

Whodathunkit?
    Biblical Proportions - YouTube
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Ironic that you chose some very overrated CBs and an injured one. Revis was out, Rogers and Bailey are overrated, Woodson wasn't even the best on his team, Joseph was good. I still agree with your sentiment but not your examples.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries
    What are these incentive based contracts to proven players you're talking about? The one 150k incentive for catching over 90 passes? Manning's certainly wasnt incentive laden.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast