Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

This Is No Way To Do Business

Vikings Free Agency: This Is No Way To Do Business

The veteran cornerback's surprise release on Tuesday came shortly after the Vikings finalized a contract with right tackle Phil Loadholt that ended up being worth $25 million over four years.

That was more than the Vikings ever expected to pay Loadholt, according to NFL sources, but they weren't letting him out of the building. So, Winfield was shown the exit instead.
    Vikings Free Agency: This Is No Way To Do Business - Daily Norseman

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This Is No Way To Do Business

Speculation. What they did with Loadholt did not directly impact Winfield. He is old and was ready for the pasture. It isn't like they were at the cap ceiling and needed to get there to make the deal, they are doing a flurry of moves and probably wanted. To give Antoine a better chance of landing on another team if any of them needed a short, slow, old guy who gives a 10 yard cushion to even marginal WR's.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Speculation. What they did with Loadholt did not directly impact Winfield. He is old and was ready for the pasture. It isn't like they were at the cap ceiling and needed to get there to make the deal, they are doing a flurry of moves and probably wanted. To give Antoine a better chance of landing on another team if any of them needed a short, slow, old guy who gives a 10 yard cushion to even marginal WR's.
    10 yard cushions but always makes the tackle on Rbs for 1 yard gains or losses.. Your math makes no sense. Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man. The guy was rated as the best CB last year. He had an incredible season and our defense played well and opposing Qbs targeted the other guys. Yet you sit here and say...a cb with 100 tackles and 12 pass defensed needed to be put out to pasture..... right!!!!!!
    Last edited by kevoncox; 03-13-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    10 yard cushions but always makes the tackle on Rbs for 1 yard gains or losses.. Your math makes no sense. Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man. The guy was rated as the best CB last year. He had an incredible season and our defense played well and opposing Qbs targeted the other guys. Yet you sit here and say...a cb with 100 tackles and 12 pass defensed needed to be put out to pasture..... right!!!!!!

LMAO. For 6 years I get bitched at for being too negative and now all of a sudden I am a yes man for the organization. How times change around here LOL and Zeus isn't even here to witness it.

I am not a blind homer by a long shot but for the love of god your "sky is falling" routing is getting nauseating. I am by no means a Spielman fan but i do like to see them at least trying to get younger and not rely on the Social Security crowd to fill the holes the team has and I am sick of them taking the castaways from The Packers.

I guess if the worst you can accuse me of is being too positive then I will learn to live with it.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Hey PF... go look up how many TDs Winfield gave up last season. I'll wait.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    LMAO. For 6 years I get bitched at for being too negative and now all of a sudden I am a yes man for the organization. How times change around here LOL and Zeus isn't even here to witness it.

I am not a blind homer by a long shot but for the love of god your "sky is falling" routing is getting nauseating. I am by no means a Spielman fan but i do like to see them at least trying to get younger and not rely on the Social Security crowd to fill the holes the team has and I am sick of them taking the castaways from The Packers.

I guess if the worst you can accuse me of is being too positive then I will learn to live with it.
    The sky isn't falling but I am just tired of having a team that we know isn't going anywhere.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    The sky isn't falling but I am just tired of having a team that we know isn't going anywhere.
    Exactly! I was calm last year when we were 3-13 and I accepted the rebuild. Now I know what we are capable of. And we are making moves backwards. That is extremely frustrating.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I was feeling like we aren't doing anything until I looked at the rest of the NFCN adds and subtracts.

Lions scored biggest with Bush. But one could liken that to the Bears a few years back getting Brandon Marshall. It is a big name, got to make it click on the field.

We have 2 first round picks and we still have a chance to sign FA that can make a difference.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    With that last post said, there are a couple teams in the league that seem to be all in, win now.

But for reference, take a look at another team that did this in the past. The Jets got over extended and now they have a under sub-par qb and they have to release a guy like Revis in order to make it under the cap. They are handcuffed.

Then there is Belly-Fat in New England that will not over pay for Welker and went out and got a guy that can do the exact same thing with a few more years to perform than Welker. Yes Welker is a proven commodity, but he has less gas in the tank. Belly-Fat took a risk that he feels he can absorb if it goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    With that last post said, there are a couple teams in the league that seem to be all in, win now.

But for reference, take a look at another team that did this in the past. The Jets got over extended and now they have a under sub-par qb and they have to release a guy like Revis in order to make it under the cap. They are handcuffed.

Then there is Belly-Fat in New England that will not over pay for Welker and went out and got a guy that can do the exact same thing with a few more years to perform than Welker. Yes Welker is a proven commodity, but he has less gas in the tank. Belly-Fat took a risk that he feels he can absorb if it goes wrong.
    That's D Snyder. Every year. What it get that team? RGIII Cool. Good on em. Lets see how long he lasts. Hopefully the guy is a HOFamer. Throwin money and picks at every problem doesn't always solve every issue. Gets ya a good pick though. Still, I'd like to see SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Pretty sure it'll be all about the draft and the next three years. I reckon patience is the key. I'm going to settle in and cheer. Everyone in my life knows I love the Vikes. I've suffered, heard the shit talk and taunts....I'd just be a straight up bitch now if I gave up on my team. Besides, Who on here could look at another team, say the Browns, and actually start to get emotionally involved with them? Fuck, not me....Start buying RAIDER's gear? Ummm, watching the Texans??? LOL. Fuck no.
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-14-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast