i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No Vikings Stadium bill to be presented during Leg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/19/no-vikings-stadium-bill-to-be-presented-during-special-legislative-session/#comment-1133123

According to the Associated Press and other reports, the Vikings stadium bill won’t be considered during the special session aimed at resolving the budget issue. Governor Mark Dayton won’t commit to a second legislative session later in the year for addressing the issue.

“All I can tell you is that we are assessing our options,” V.P. of public affairs and stadium development Lester Bagley told the AP.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: No Vikings Stadium bill to be presented during Leg

Getting a budget passed, and the goverment running has to be the top priority.
    After that though they should call a special session to get a deal done.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1100580
    Dayton already said he will not call another special session this year.

That means, if it's not happening this year, and the Vikings end their lease halfway through next year, where does that leave us?

No time to get funding, no time to get a plan, no time to make a stadium. Vikings got SCREWED.

They were told they would be given consideration, jsut be patient. They were told that if they could put together a bill, it would be signed. They were told that the government is taking it seriously, that they realize time is short and they will do what is needed to find a solution. None of that has happened, and they just now got told to go fuck themselves.

This says it all:
    “All I can tell you is that we are assessing our options,” V.P. of public affairs and stadium development Lester Bagley told the AP.
    Assessing our options -> means one of three things. a) calling up the shut down NFL to see what stadium funds there are. b) modifying the stadium plan to get rid of $300 mil the State was supposed to kick in, or c) calling up the LA developers and talking business.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100581
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1100580
    Dayton already said he will not call another special session this year.

That means, if it's not happening this year, and the Vikings end their lease halfway through next year, where does that leave us?

No time to get funding, no time to get a plan, no time to make a stadium. Vikings got SCREWED.

They were told they would be given consideration, jsut be patient. They were told that if they could put together a bill, it would be signed. They were told that the government is taking it seriously, that they realize time is short and they will do what is needed to find a solution. None of that has happened, and they just now got told to go fuck themselves.

This says it all:
    Assessing our options -> means one of three things. a) calling up the shut down NFL to see what stadium funds there are. b) modifying the stadium plan to get rid of $300 mil the State was supposed to kick in, or c) calling up the LA developers and talking business.
    I think they got consideration, but currently there are more important matters to deal with. Dayton has not said he won't have a special session, only that he won't commit to anything until the government is up and running.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If you listen to the actual statement Dayton made he said what I have been saying all along and that is that the team has not put together a plan that is complete and they need to put together something more comprehensive before he is going to call a special session. The team has failed to get everything in line and it would be a waste of time to call the legislature into session until they have everything ready to go and at this point they clearly don't.

The blame lies no where but at the feet of Bagley and Wilf.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The more I think about it I am becoming convinced that Wilf really wants this deal to fail so he can take the team elsewhere. I see no other way that the team could be this incapable of putting together a comprehensive plan.