Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

no thanks on the pat williams thing....

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    Anyone remember the play where Jerry Ball ran up the middle an literally sat on Troy Aikman, sending him out of the game and than he just sat on the bench with a dazed expression? Casey Hampton is only good against the run as well, and he went to the pro bowl a few years ago.
    I realize that players that are good against the run can go to the pro bowl. I'm saying to overpay for a 32 year-old guy that's really effective against the run and not the pass is not a good idea. If Red would spend all that money he's sitting on, then it might not be too bad of an idea. But he won't spend much of it, so I think we should spend what money he will actually spend elsewhere.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:
    "ajefx" wrote:
    we do have Spencer Johnson, who would be perfect in a reduced role (such as giving Pat Williams a breather every now and then...)

Plus, I can't emphasize the importance of the D-line. The Panthers two years ago went to the SB based on the strength of their front seven, and more specifically, their D-line. In case you missed the playoff game against Philly, Donovan McNabb had ALL DAY to pass against us. No matter the corner, no one can cover a receiver that long. Getting pressure on the QB from the line helps out the passing game much more than adding an impact corner.
    I didn't miss the Philly game but we're saying here that Pat Williams is not a pass rusher, he's a space eater who's great against the run, he's not going to force mcnabb to throw it any faster.

Pat williams isn't gonna rush the passer, but his pressence next to K-will, will make it a ton easier for kevin williams to do his thing and harrass the QB. He is by far the best DT out there and the DT's in the draft aren't anything exciting either, so go get him. He will be the next jerry ball for us. Spencer will fill in for him on passing downs, making spencer more a pass rusher(since he will be fresh).

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingsfanatic94" wrote:
    I'll agree, why over pay someone who cant play evry down. We have done that in the recent past! Does Chris Hovan ring any bell. Mr. bench warmer. Isn't there anyone else that will suffice, and not draw the highend $$$?
    PWill is WAY BETTER than Hovan...Hovan was the size to rush the passer...and he couldn't produce. PWill is a run-stuffer and has the size to do it well...remember Jerry Ball...that is what we are missing...so sign him up!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikingsfanatic94" wrote:
    I'll agree, why over pay someone who cant play evry down. We have done that in the recent past! Does Chris Hovan ring any bell. Mr. bench warmer. Isn't there anyone else that will suffice, and not draw the highend $$$?
    PWill is WAY BETTER than Hovan...Hovan was the size to rush the passer...and he couldn't produce. PWill is a run-stuffer and has the size to do it well...remember Jerry Ball...that is what we are missing...so sign him up!

Yeah, it's been too long since we had a legit run stuffer.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I had a chance to watch a lot of the Bills games this year and let me tell you Pat Williams is worth every penny we offer to him. The guy demands a double team every run play. That freed up alot of space for the Bills linebackers to make plays. There is no way an offensive line could double K Williams and P Williams every play. Go over to the Bills message board and see if they are thrilled over the thought of losing this guy. They put him in the same category as Sean Rogers. Spencer was good however if you watch him he would routinely get mauled by bigger offensive linemen. Pat williams does not get mauled. He's a gap filler

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

You gotta love the Fat Guys
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

ajefx is offline Rookie

"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:
    I didn't miss the Philly game but we're saying here that Pat Williams is not a pass rusher, he's a space eater who's great against the run, he's not going to force mcnabb to throw it any faster.
    if all Williams does is take up blockers and let Kevin Williams do his thing, he's worth whatever money we give him. Anything after that would be an added bonus.

Williams is only so effective at rushing the passer when he's being double- or triple-teamed.
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    Ski, ya gotta stop vanishing for months at-a-time.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"SKOL" wrote:
    "sitandbehitski" wrote:
    Ski, ya gotta stop vanishing for months at-a-time.
    lol

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    http://thebox.free.fr/fat.html
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast