Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No-Shows???

Del Rio Guest

Re: No-Shows???

"ejmat" wrote:
    Williams and Chavious. What have they ever done? Chavious had one good half of season 2 years ago and he intercepted a bunch of overhead passes. Brian Williams gets burned all the time. Give me a break here. These guys deserve more money as much as TO does. In other words, they don't. If they don't like what they are getting and their role on the team quit and get a real job. There are still free agents out there better than Williams and Chavious. Cut them and go for the FAs. I saw that article too and all I could do is laugh. Guys need to prove something before whining for more money. I'm glad Smoot is here.
    Brian Williams causes an average of 2 fumbles a season. His passess deflected mirror smoot. He's not a bad corner at all and he is a prooven playmaker.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Chavous is a very good safety, he's a leader in the secondary and a veteran. He didn't benefit from those overhead passes as much as Brian Russell did, he was the main beneficiary. He's certainly not the best in the league, but I'd like it if you'd name me a free agent safety better than Chavous.

Darius is available for the right price!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Chavous is a very good safety, he's a leader in the secondary and a veteran. He didn't benefit from those overhead passes as much as Brian Russell did, he was the main beneficiary. He's certainly not the best in the league, but I'd like it if you'd name me a free agent safety better than Chavous.

Darius is available for the right price!
    I was just gonna say that but you beat me to it! Anyways, they restructured Irvins contract.. hopefully they will do the same with Williams and Chavous.
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

He is a veteran and a leader. That being said, look how our defense did with him and without him last year. Can't say I'm too impressed. The year before he had one good interception in the end zone to win us a game. Other than that they were mostly all gimme's. He may be better than Brian Russell but he's not better than many Safeties out there. Think about what he led last year. He is average at best. Trade him and Williams for Darius at Jacksonville. That would be nice.

Williams causes 2 fumbles a season. that is a good stat. However how many TDs has he been burned for or better yet, how many yards were against him? That would be interesting to see. Listen, I like the Vikings as much as anyone in here. I'm tired of losing and tired of players that think they are good. Comparing Smoot to Williams is like apples and oranges. Smoot gets thrown toward half as much as Williams.

Del Rio Guest

I'm not sure how many TD's he got burned for and I know for a fact that you do not either. In fact "being burned" for a TD could be caused by a number of things. The wrong defense called, a saftey messed up, I mean the list goes on and on.

You watch the QB drop back then you see the ball in the air........a long reception for a score....your mind is reeling who's guy was that??? B.Will DAMN YOU B.WILL

But what really happened during that play? Oh yeah he was lined 8 yards off the ball. The linebackers have been making coverage mistakes all season so he is hesitant to turn and sprint immediately. No pressure on the QB? No Blitz? No Stunt? All the time in the world and NO CB could do well under those conditions.

Cracks me up. B.Will plays just like Smoot. And I reserve my JOY that we got smoot until he shows me something in OUR defense under OUR coahces.

As far as B.Williams missing Mini camp I really don't care. If he starts missing mandatory showings or if he publicly states he is holding out then it becomes an issue. To me anyway.

Del Rio Guest

"Comparing Smoot to Williams is like apples and oranges. Smoot gets thrown toward half as much as Williams."

How do you figure they are both DB's they both had premier starting CB's opposite them their stats are similar. Oh I get it no one wants to hear bad things about Smoot oh I see.

I never said I knew how many TDs he was burned for or how many yards but I can tell you it was an aweful lot. I understand that other people are responsible sometimes as well but don't sit there and tell me he doesn't get burned on one-to-one coverage. Pleny o'times my friend. we can sit here and be realistic or we can be in denial. I think Williams has potential. that is not the question. personally I think Jack Brewer had more potential but they gave him away. A lot of poeple didn't pass as much against the Skins last year. You look at stats and see passing attempts. I will admit, I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure teams passed more against the Vikings than the Skins. There is a reason for that. I will say again comparing Williams to Smoot is comparing apples and oranges.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The only problem I see with the argument "You signed the contract." Is teams really never intend to carry the contract to the end. They always end up restructuring, trading, or any other of their penny pinching ways. All a player can do is hold out. That is the only leverage they really seem to have.

I do not agree with it but I am not about to pretend the league is the good guy in all this. I think the teams, and the league in general are worse then the players.

As far as Williams goes I would hate to lose him he is a big time playmaker. I am not convinced he can't beat out someone to regain his spot. The only problem is I feel no matter how hard he works he will not get the start. When a team drops that kind of money on someone you know they will be playing.

There is so much money tied up in our two CB's no one will dethrone them EVEN if they play better.

Chavous I'd like to see stay too. Then again these guys missed an optinal practice. I do not belive they are commited to holding out.
    I totally agree that this holdout stuff goes both ways. I think that this is a good tool to help keep the NFL "equal", it just stinks when it's your team and the owner is Red -could get ugly.

I have two words for these guys....Eric Kelly.

Amen PPE

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast