Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No-Shows???

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: No-Shows???

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Another "team" distraction. I hope that Birk can get through this alright.
    BIRK will be just fine...we don't need those guys either, cut 'em, promote Offord and go out and pick up a couple of FAs (who don't have a job and would appreciate the paycheck) wanna play on a championship caliber team!!!

PPE, you REALLY need to get over us losing Moss...it's not healthy! He's gone...and no amount of whining from you or anyone else is gonna bring him back. So get with the program!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Its not a distraction yet. All it says is they *might* not show up. And this is just based on some rumors. Settle down.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I didn't say anything about Moss. I just know that Birk has trouble with distractions. :grin:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I didn't say anything about Moss. I just know that Birk has trouble with distractions. :grin:
    The whole team should have trouble with distractions...if they want to win a Super Bowl, they need to be totally focused...the Patriots don't seem to have any distractions...which is probably why they have won so much lately...we could take a few notes from that.

Get rid of the problems!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous and Williams need to remember one important fact:

If you were so good, why did we feel the need for UPGRADES!!!

Obviously, they are having a bout with the Mike McKenzie disease...the one that makes them think that they're more valuable than they are. Willaims hasn't exactly been known as a feared corner, and Chavous should sweat because we whipped the Packers and had one of our finest Defensive games all year with him on the sidelines.

Not happy, boys? PLAY HARDER!!! Welcome to the "Put up or shut up" era. The one that requires players to EARN their huge paychecks. Lord knows I work 100 times harder and get paid a hell of a lot less so, quit-cher-bitchin'.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

The only problem I see with the argument "You signed the contract." Is teams really never intend to carry the contract to the end. They always end up restructuring, trading, or any other of their penny pinching ways. All a player can do is hold out. That is the only leverage they really seem to have.

I do not agree with it but I am not about to pretend the league is the good guy in all this. I think the teams, and the league in general are worse then the players.

As far as Williams goes I would hate to lose him he is a big time playmaker. I am not convinced he can't beat out someone to regain his spot. The only problem is I feel no matter how hard he works he will not get the start. When a team drops that kind of money on someone you know they will be playing.

There is so much money tied up in our two CB's no one will dethrone them EVEN if they play better.

Chavous I'd like to see stay too. Then again these guys missed an optinal practice. I do not belive they are commited to holding out.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Caine" wrote:
    Chavous and Williams need to remember one important fact:

If you were so good, why did we feel the need for UPGRADES!!!

Obviously, they are having a bout with the Mike McKenzie disease...the one that makes them think that they're more valuable than they are. Willaims hasn't exactly been known as a feared corner, and Chavous should sweat because we whipped the Packers and had one of our finest Defensive games all year with him on the sidelines.

Not happy, boys? PLAY HARDER!!! Welcome to the "Put up or shut up" era. The one that requires players to EARN their huge paychecks. Lord knows I work 100 times harder and get paid a hell of a lot less so, quit-cher-bitchin'.

Caine
    :thumbleft: Caine

They need to ask themselves where their stellar defense was ranked last year. :evil:

WWBGD

smoot2boot is offline Rookie

Its funny that the 2 guys that might skip camp are the two guys that probably need to impress the coaches the most just to keep their jobs. Williams would be a good Nickel back but Irvin or maybe even Fox definately can step into that position if need be. Chavous has Offord breathing down his neck for his starting job too. Now is the time to be on the practice field trying to impress not letting other guys work in your spot.
    God, I hate you Joe Buck!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Williams and Chavious. What have they ever done? Chavious had one good half of season 2 years ago and he intercepted a bunch of overhead passes. Brian Williams gets burned all the time. Give me a break here. These guys deserve more money as much as TO does. In other words, they don't. If they don't like what they are getting and their role on the team quit and get a real job. There are still free agents out there better than Williams and Chavious. Cut them and go for the FAs. I saw that article too and all I could do is laugh. Guys need to prove something before whining for more money. I'm glad Smoot is here.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Chavous is a very good safety, he's a leader in the secondary and a veteran. He didn't benefit from those overhead passes as much as Brian Russell did, he was the main beneficiary. He's certainly not the best in the league, but I'd like it if you'd name me a free agent safety better than Chavous.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast