Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Streak ended many years ago my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    As long as the games don't get blacked out, I'm not too worried. That means more $5 tickets and easier for me to justify making the trip.
    If a game is blacked out, does NFL Sunday ticket still televise the game?

Still never got an answer to my first question.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-12-2012 at 05:24 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    No they don't unless you are out of the local broadcast range and so is the station that locally broadcasts the games.

I live outside that area and could get the signal but the station I get my local feeds from (Mankato) is inside it so we always get blacked out when the team doesn't sell out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

I'm not sure about locally, but I've never missed a game of any kind by any team for a blackout. Of course the local rubes would sell out the Deadskins if the world ended the next day. They have fans like that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Streak ended many years ago my friends.
    Just to put a little bit of facts behind the rumors, since there is the unsubstantiated belief circulating around that the Vikings have been relying on corporate buyouts to continue their sellout streak for "years".

Since the sellout streak began in 1997, the Vikings have used corporate assistance a grand total of three times, all coming in 2007.
    - Fox bought the final 400 tickets for the Sept. 9, 2007 home opener against Atlanta
    - WCCO agreed to buy 700 tickets for the Nov. 4, 2007 game against San Diego.
    - WCCO and a corporate sponsor purchased 1000 tickets apiece for the November 18, 2007 game against Oakland.

In all three cases the tickets were donated to local charities. And despite the belief of some, this was still a sellout.

Sadly it has indeed come to an end. We had enough to avoid a blackout, but not enough to qualify as a sellout under NFL rules.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Are your "local" CBS & FOX stations from Wisconsin? If so, I would have to assume they would be part of the Packers "local broadcast sphere" or "influence bubble" or whatever the Eff they call it. So, no, they shouldn't be blacked out for you, living in cheeseland.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Are your "local" CBS & FOX stations from Wisconsin? If so, I would have to assume they would be part of the Packers "local broadcast sphere" or "influence bubble" or whatever the Eff they call it. So, no, they shouldn't be blacked out for you, living in cheeseland.

=Z=

I know they aren't blacked out for me in WI, I wasn't worried about me. I'm far enough out anyways even in Winona, MN. What I asked was if indeed the Vikings game was blacked out locally in the Minneapolis area last Sunday.

I got my answer;

The Minnesota Vikings' streak of sold out, regular-season games at the Metrodome came to end Sunday afternoon against Jacksonville.

The streak had reached 144 games (including preseason, regular season and playoffs), dating to the 1998 season, and actually ended when exhibition games against Buffalo and San Diego last month failed to fill the Dome.

The Vikings, who went 3-13 last season, announced an attendance of 56,607 for Sunday's 26-23 overtime victory of the Jaguars. The listed seating capacity for the Dome is 63,725.

Sunday's game was not blacked out in the Twin Cities because the Vikings took advantage of a new NFL rule that enables them to declare that if they sold 90 percent of tickets for a home game it would be aired locally on TV.

Several times in recent years, the team had to go to great lengths to sell all the available seats in the Dome to avoid a blackout.
    1500espn.com Mobile

The game wasn't blacked out. So in essence, even though the Vikings didn't sell out, the game was not blacked out because 90% of the tickets were sold.

Before this year a no-sellout meant a definite blackout. As far as local fans are concerned now, I'm sure most won't give a rats ass if the game is a sellout or not, as long as it isn't blacked out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12