Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: no rhythm

  1. #21
    XTAP59's Avatar
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    777

    no rhythm

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I tell you what, it wasn't just this last game, that they have lacked rhythm. It has been the whole losing streak 3-7 ending.

    After the first 5-6 weeks, other teams found our weaknesses and exploited them on D.

    I think on O, we started to sputter when Randy went down. I think that we tried to hard when all we needed to do was play football. We tried to compensate for Moss being out.

    No one respects our D and it shows. Even Kyle Boller would be confident to pass against our D. Confidence is a huge boost in a pesons play.
    Coincidence perhaps that the Vikes are 3-7 after Moss got hurt and were 5-1 when he wasn't......

    LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

  2. #22
    vikefan4ever is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    41

    no rhythm

    i also see how long daunte holds onto the ball. cajun said it perfect! i count 1,2,3 and then i'm like "daunte throw the ball!" but i think the wide receivers take too long of routes, and if they dont get open daunte cant get rid of the ball.

  3. #23
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    no rhythm

    "vikefan4ever" wrote:
    i also see how long daunte holds onto the ball. cajun said it perfect! i count 1,2,3 and then i'm like "daunte throw the ball!" but i think the wide receivers take too long of routes, and if they dont get open daunte cant get rid of the ball.
    I think he has to dump it short on the count of 4 if he doesn't have an option downfield. They guys(PPers) at the game were saying that the RBs were open on the flare/swing out.

    It seemed like DC was more willing to take those passes given to him at the beginning of the season.

  4. #24
    parsongeorge's Avatar
    parsongeorge is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    191

    no rhythm

    "vikes can do" wrote:
    "majorvikesfan" wrote:
    I aggree, our offense is out of rythm alot and Daunte holds on to the ball way to long at times, I believe he has trouble reading the field; he doesn't see the open guy soon enough. Then he ends up running for his life because the Oline can only hold for so long. On the other side of the coin, our defense needs to step it up and hold somebody. When we score over 20 points a game we really should be wining more. Defense is the real problem.

    agree to a certain point maj,
    b4 the lions game the vikes D gave up only 26 total 2nd half points in 6 games. they did a pretty damn good job the last two games until the last minutes of both games. we have two players with ddl digit sacks, the first time since 93. doleman/randle. for all the plays that #29 has been burned on he has made that many great plays. winfield is a tackling machine. yes, many mistakes are made but the offense hasnt put up squat in the second half in many of the losses.
    the defense cant continually stay out on the field in the second half and win. i dont care if you have the ravens d, steelers d, whoever. you cant leave them out there. did buffalos' d get that much better than they already were?
    daunte has to stay out on the field and keep drives alive by taking what the defense gives him. he just has to. with all the points being scored we should be leading in time of possession too by a wide margin. but we are not. that one drive that the pack had was over 8 minutes. the vikes had one of those too, but the O left the D on the field for most of the 2nd quarter. legs get tired. bdub is on sp teams, his legs are extra tired. you just cant expect to remain a high powered offense without a running game. clinton portis for all the injuries he has had still has more rushing yards than the entire viking team. somethiing wrong with that.
    the thing is.....if the vikings defense was any good at all they wouldn't have to be out there that long. Have we even had a 3 and out on defense this year?...maybe 1 or 2...now that's ridiculous. If the damn D doesn't want to be on the field that long, they need to make a damn stop once i a while. Let me also say that I agree the offense isn't doing there job either, if I see 1 more false start in the playoff game I'm gonna come unglued and break my stuff. That sounded retarded, didn't it?
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

  5. #25
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    no rhythm

    "parsongeorge" wrote:
    "vikes can do" wrote:
    "majorvikesfan" wrote:
    I aggree, our offense is out of rythm alot and Daunte holds on to the ball way to long at times, I believe he has trouble reading the field; he doesn't see the open guy soon enough. Then he ends up running for his life because the Oline can only hold for so long. On the other side of the coin, our defense needs to step it up and hold somebody. When we score over 20 points a game we really should be wining more. Defense is the real problem.

    agree to a certain point maj,
    b4 the lions game the vikes D gave up only 26 total 2nd half points in 6 games. they did a pretty damn good job the last two games until the last minutes of both games. we have two players with ddl digit sacks, the first time since 93. doleman/randle. for all the plays that #29 has been burned on he has made that many great plays. winfield is a tackling machine. yes, many mistakes are made but the offense hasnt put up squat in the second half in many of the losses.
    the defense cant continually stay out on the field in the second half and win. i dont care if you have the ravens d, steelers d, whoever. you cant leave them out there. did buffalos' d get that much better than they already were?
    daunte has to stay out on the field and keep drives alive by taking what the defense gives him. he just has to. with all the points being scored we should be leading in time of possession too by a wide margin. but we are not. that one drive that the pack had was over 8 minutes. the vikes had one of those too, but the O left the D on the field for most of the 2nd quarter. legs get tired. bdub is on sp teams, his legs are extra tired. you just cant expect to remain a high powered offense without a running game. clinton portis for all the injuries he has had still has more rushing yards than the entire viking team. somethiing wrong with that.
    the thing is.....if the vikings defense was any good at all they wouldn't have to be out there that long. Have we even had a 3 and out on defense this year?...maybe 1 or 2...now that's ridiculous. If the damn D doesn't want to be on the field that long, they need to make a damn stop once i a while. Let me also say that I agree the offense isn't doing there job either, if I see 1 more false start in the playoff game I'm gonna come unglued and break my stuff. That sounded retarded, didn't it?
    How about if you just unglue your stuff right now that might help.

    or

    Don't come unglued or you won't have any glue to put your stuff back together.

    jj

    Let's try and enjoy the game this weekend.

  6. #26
    vking is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43

    no rhythm

    If I thought there was a reason why pep holds the ball is the recievers got to be dogging it. The guy's a pro he sees em when their open, his completion % tells you that.

    Some one tell me what happened to Robinson since Moss came back? What's he catch 1-3 a game. He's proven he can be big time and if he's still nagged by injury put a healthy Campbell in instead. I hope I'm wrong but I think he might excell only when he can have the whole spotlight.

  7. #27
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    no rhythm

    "XTAP59" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I tell you what, it wasn't just this last game, that they have lacked rhythm. It has been the whole losing streak 3-7 ending.

    After the first 5-6 weeks, other teams found our weaknesses and exploited them on D.

    I think on O, we started to sputter when Randy went down. I think that we tried to hard when all we needed to do was play football. We tried to compensate for Moss being out.

    No one respects our D and it shows. Even Kyle Boller would be confident to pass against our D. Confidence is a huge boost in a pesons play.
    Coincidence perhaps that the Vikes are 3-7 after Moss got hurt and were 5-1 when he wasn't......
    Remember 2 of those wins came with Randy not even playing...Detroit and Tennessee...so since he's come back what are we 1-5...what does that tell you...

  8. #28
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    no rhythm

    Maybe our defense is so bad it doesn't matter who we field on offense.

    Has anyone else noticed this about our defense:

    if we don't get a 3 and out on drives, then we are almost assuredly giving up a long drive that ends up in points.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  9. #29
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,993

    no rhythm

    "ADubya26" wrote:
    I also question Daunte's decision making abilities at times. I mean, yes he does have the highest completion percentage in the league and some fantastic stats, but that does not translate into wins, which shows. I just wonder how many times our guys are open or there can be a tough throw made for a huge play and Daunte doesnt make the throw because he doesnt see it or is scared to throw ints. In the beginning of this year, he did look like he was coming along and almost looked like a Favre or Manning in how quick he was reading the field and his numbers were insane. Even with Randys injury, he seemed to be alright. That loss to the Giants really screwed him up I think - when he threw 3 ints. I think a lot of Dauntes problems are mental and I think he will continue to get better like he has each year. Also, our O coordinator sucks, so when Daunte passes, the whole defense probably knows already. Whatever the problem be, our offense needs to step it up and start playing better ball in the 2nd half because we are as good as anyone when our offense gets going like it should.
    A little defensive help would be nice too though

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  10. #30
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    no rhythm

    alot of names havent been mentioned on the defensive side of the ball the past couple of weeks. kwill tried to keep the vikes in the skins game pretty much singlehandedly. and if aw was feeling better that would be a different story. we do need help, we would be much better with some more talent, but we got this far, who knows they may all show up to play this week for sixty minutes. i wasnt trying to pin ALL the blame on daunte with the ball holding. i dont think daunte has been daunte since the giants game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 07:03 PM
  2. Focus is on rhythm - and ending mistakes
    By erik5032 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 12:54 AM
  3. Culpepper tries to find that rhythm
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 05:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •