Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    brock is offline Rookie

No ONE is getting fired here

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I did see Winfield get burned repeatedly. Maybe his "bling" was weighing him down.

I did notice a play with Shaw where he got a pass interference. How much did he play that game, that's the only time I noticed him.
    I think he played a few around the last quarter. That pass interference was called back by the officials. (HAHA, Tice had his hands on the challenge flag).
    It almost looked like pass interfence to me, but it turned out to be a GREAT pass deflection. I loved it. Now, lets get some INTs coming!
    Greenway>You

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I like the way the Vikes waited until Morten Anderson MADE a kick before anouncing his consecutive game record. Earlier he missed a field goal, and they failed to make the announcement. Maybe they feared he'd get booed??

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

I liked the way the refs called delay of game against the Vikes right at the 2 minute warning in the first half. The ref announced, "delay of game, offense, 5 yard penalty. That is the two minute warning". The clock read 2:00. Is that even possible? I mean, if the play clock expired right at the 2:00 warning, isn't that legal? I'm surprised Tice didn't throw the red flag.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"SKOL" wrote:
    I liked the way the refs called delay of game against the Vikes right at the 2 minute warning in the first half. The ref announced, "delay of game, offense, 5 yard penalty. That is the two minute warning". The clock read 2:00. Is that even possible? I mean, if the play clock expired right at the 2:00 warning, isn't that legal? I'm surprised Tice didn't throw the red flag.
    Yeah, if it was a delay of game then there should have been one more play before the 2 min warning. Otherwise it wasn't a delay of game.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Dontarius Thomas got the game ball from Tice for having a good game and being prepared to fill in without notice.

Considering the circustances he did great.

I think one of the main reasons Dontarrious Thomas played so well against the Bears is because he didn't have so much pressure on himself to play exceptionally well.

The way I look at it, DT had a starting spot on our D since preseason, and he felt he had to make good use of it. After he was benched, he was called to play middle linebacker after E.J.s injury, a spot he's not used to playing at all.

He stepped in there thinking they weren't expecting much from him, so he just let his talent take over instead of second-guessing himself, and he turned out to play great.

Hope he keeps it up against the Texans in 2 weeks, we will need him!

Good job Dontarrious Thomas!! :salute:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Dontarrious did play MLB in college, so it is COMPLETELY new to him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Dontarrious did play MLB in college, so it is COMPLETELY new to him.
    Huh?!?

:scratch:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I liked the way Daunte ran out of bounds 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, instead of throwing the ball away. Sorry, I don't mean to be sarcastic, just a pet peeve. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234