Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No ONE is getting fired here

I had to "watch" the game from the nfl.com gamecenter, so I can't really tell a whole lot from a little helmet moving up and down the field.

But, from what I could tell, we had some guys step up on D and fill in for some big injuries, especially LBs. Our offense seemed to move the ball effectively, though I would like to see more run plays.

Our D needs to improve, and WILL IMPROVE, once these young guys start to gel and gain some confidence.

We got the win and that's all that matters. :thumbright:

And we were the only team in the NFC North that won this week! :cheers:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Here's my take on the game:

Pros: I think that the most noticeable thing in this game was our team's attitude. We had Moss getting into it to defend Burleson, Thomas fired up after almost any tackle he made, Culpepper kept the ball he ran in with and cradled it the whole way back(almost proving to himself he can overcome his fumble on Monday Night), that nice block by Burleson where he layed that dude out...and just an overall pumped up/optimistic outlook on the game. This attitude can hopefully stick with us throughout the season.

Cons: We need to hold on the the dam*n ball! That includes almost everyone. Our defense really needs some work..i think we need to blitz more, and our pass protection needs to just be a little better so that Culpepper has the deep ball as an option. It becomes more and more apparent how much we will miss Jimmy.

Overall, a win is a win...even though they made it too close for my liking at the end. We now have a bye week to freshen up and get ready for a somewhat underrated Texans team on the road. That will be a big test for us IMO

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Although I was biting my nails there for bit, there were a few things I liked from the game:
    1 - Randy Moss stickin' his head in the mix to stand up for Burelson! Great leadership there...even if it did get a penalty...can't let that crap go unchecked!
    2 - Culpepper and company (and that includes an injury plagued Offensive line coming back in the 4th to punch in a TD after the Bears made it 20-15 I think that's the first 4th quarter sort-of comeback we've had! ...hope we build on it!
    3 - Onterrio Smith...jee-whiz the guy looks like...(dare I say it...)
    Barry Sanders at times out there! Just hold on to the ball Onterrio and leave the Panama Red in Panama...permanently!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I did see a couple of gang tackles on defense I fell the Vikings need to go to the ball more as I see to many players standing aroung watching the other players.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Del Rio Guest

I did see Winfield get burned repeatedly. Maybe his "bling" was weighing him down.

I did notice a play with Shaw where he got a pass interference. How much did he play that game, that's the only time I noticed him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    JUST GOES TO SHOW WHY EVERYONE COMES HERE

TO COMPLAIN

20 VIEWS AND NO POSTS
    [size=7px][/size]

Is this a complaint? :-k
    No, it was to get some positivity going. Sometimes certain thing have to be said even though they may be disturbing. I thank those that have taken the time to post.

I don't mind the other posts where we can let some of our frustrations out. Sometimes you start reading them and you lose track of some of the good positive points people make.

I like the IDEA that we can come to a thread and see more positive points and leave out the frustration.

I try to be a glass is half full person

"CanuckVike" wrote:
    Although I was biting my nails there for bit, there were a few things I liked from the game:
    1 - Randy Moss stickin' his head in the mix to stand up for Burelson! Great leadership there...even if it did get a penalty...can't let that crap go unchecked!
    2 - Culpepper and company (and that includes an injury plagued Offensive line coming back in the 4th to punch in a TD after the Bears made it 20-15 I think that's the first 4th quarter sort-of comeback we've had! ...hope we build on it!
    3 - Onterrio Smith...jee-whiz the guy looks like...(dare I say it...)
    Barry Sanders at times out there! Just hold on to the ball Onterrio and leave the Panama Red in Panama...permanently!
    I also like the way the offense punched the ball in.

I also liked the way Smith was running. He did make some great jukes on the long run he had. I really think his runs show signs that we are blocking better. Up until this point I think that was the longest run of the season, 38 yds.

Rcv Stats Onterrio Smith 15 223 14.9 63 1 Leading the team in rcvng yds.
    Rsh Stats Onterrio Smith 42 198 4.7 38 0

Good Stuff

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

I thought it was Keenan Howry that Randy was sticking up for. :?
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"HarrisonB57" wrote:
    I thought it was Keenan Howry that Randy was sticking up for. :?
    [size=7px][/size]

'It was a cheap shot,' Moss said of a play when Johnson flattened Burleson with a blow from what appeared to be his shoulder on replays
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Poult posted this on another thread, thought it belonged here.

this is from ESPN.com...........

"Maturity matters

The second player we want to note might force you to reach for the nearest chair as your knees buckle, but Randy Moss is definitely outgrowing the me-first ways of his past. OK, we agree, the odds of a pending explosion still might be pretty good, but nothing like they have been in past seasons.

You want some remarkable stats (OK, maybe they're just mediocre numbers, but we crunched 'em and we like 'em) for Moss through three contests? He is averaging just 11.3 yards per reception, pretty pedestrian for a receiver whose previous low came in 2002, at 12.7 yards. Moss has only two receptions for more than 20 yards, just one catch of 40-plus yards. And we have yet to witness a classic Mount Moss eruption. Here's the best stat: Moss has five touchdowns in three games, but his average scoring catch, no joke, is 2.6 yards. He has touchdowns of 3, 1, 4, 3 and 2 yards. At his current pace, Moss would catch 101 balls, for "just" 1,147 yards, but would score 27 touchdowns.

Give credit to the often vocal Moss. He hasn't gone deep very often yet, but hasn't really gone off the deep end, either."

thats good, he deserves to get some recognition.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast