Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    No More Pencils, No More Books

    [size=13pt]No More Pencils, No More Books[/size]

    Reported by: Phil Mackey

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    Great article.

    I am really looking forward to this offseason. Hopefully we can make some key additions and we can be a legit contender next year.

  3. #3
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books


    Thanks Cogitans good read, I believe we are already a legit contender, and when we add a few pieces we will get off to a faster start next year. I bet we win 10-12 games next season. Being relatively healthy going into the offeason, everyone can work on getting better. Then we just need a couple players to get to where we want, and that's challenging for a SuperBowl.

  4. #4
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    Good read indeed. The one thing that the younger players will take from the latter part of the season is the experience of getting a winning streak together and also the pressure that comes from the national media. It will all help them in the future and hopefully the disappointment on missing out on the playoffs will make them that much more determined next season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #5
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    “Coach talked about standing up [in front of the team] last year, you could feel the division between the offense and the defense. But standing in there today, he said ‘it feels like you guys are a complete team.’”
    Thanks for the post, cogitans. This was my favorite quote.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    Great read Cogs, thanks.

    I love the comments from the Vets.
    Yup, there all Vets now.
    Lets get some hole filled, have another great draft and go whup on some NFC ass next year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Thanks Cogitans good read, I believe we are already a legit contender, and when we add a few pieces we will get off to a faster start next year. I bet we win 10-12 games next season. Being relatively healthy going into the offeason, everyone can work on getting better. Then we just need a couple players to get to where we want, and that's challenging for a SuperBowl.
    That is what i have said over and over, but with a "still developing" QB that everyone wants to be the starter we unfortunatly will have a very hard time doing that next year.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    "Garland" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Thanks Cogitans good read, I believe we are already a legit contender, and when we add a few pieces we will get off to a faster start next year. I bet we win 10-12 games next season. Being relatively healthy going into the offeason, everyone can work on getting better. Then we just need a couple players to get to where we want, and that's challenging for a SuperBowl.
    That is what i have said over and over, but with a "still developing" QB that everyone wants to be the starter we unfortunatly will have a very hard time doing that next year.
    What quantifies as everyone?
    ;D

    I for one would love to see another Vet come in and take the helm and steer the ship but comeon, who is that gonna be?

    Truth be told, the guys making those decisions that I quantify as everyone is the front office (Spielmen, Studwell, the Owner) and yes, the Coaching staff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Thanks Cogitans good read, I believe we are already a legit contender, and when we add a few pieces we will get off to a faster start next year. I bet we win 10-12 games next season. Being relatively healthy going into the offeason, everyone can work on getting better. Then we just need a couple players to get to where we want, and that's challenging for a SuperBowl.
    That is what i have said over and over, but with a "still developing" QB that everyone wants to be the starter we unfortunatly will have a very hard time doing that next year.
    What quantifies as everyone?
    ;D

    I for one would love to see another Vet come in and take the helm and steer the ship but comeon, who is that gonna be?

    Truth be told, the guys making those decisions that I quantify as everyone is the front office (Spielmen, Studwell, the Owner) and yes, the Coaching staff.
    Did the triangle of authority turn into a biangle of authority? When did childress get thrown out of the club? ???

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: No More Pencils, No More Books

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Thanks Cogitans good read, I believe we are already a legit contender, and when we add a few pieces we will get off to a faster start next year. I bet we win 10-12 games next season. Being relatively healthy going into the offeason, everyone can work on getting better. Then we just need a couple players to get to where we want, and that's challenging for a SuperBowl.
    That is what i have said over and over, but with a "still developing" QB that everyone wants to be the starter we unfortunatly will have a very hard time doing that next year.
    What quantifies as everyone?
    ;D

    I for one would love to see another Vet come in and take the helm and steer the ship but comeon, who is that gonna be?

    Truth be told, the guys making those decisions that I quantify as everyone is the front office (Spielmen, Studwell, the Owner) and yes, the Coaching staff.
    Did the triangle of authority turn into a biangle of authority? When did childress get thrown out of the club? ???
    Hmmmmm.
    I seem to have his name in there........The Chiller is the Coaching staff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Books you will never see.
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 841
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 12:54 AM
  2. Grab your No. 2 pencils -- it's final exam time!
    By gregair13 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
  3. Books you might want to read?
    By Jereamiah in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 07:00 PM
  4. Books Online
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 04:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •