Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mark_The_Viking is online now Asst. Coach

No love for KWill?

Would it worth picking him to use in rotation or are there some hidden laws about free agency and old teams I don't know about?
    Purple till i die

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    Would it worth picking him to use in rotation or are there some hidden laws about free agency and old teams I don't know about?

Unless he wants an exorbitant amount of money, I can't see why we don't bring him back.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    My guess is he will hold out for a team who needs someone like him due to injury and has the change; if he doesn't get THAT offer, only then will he drop his price.

There are a LOT of veterans in this position these days.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

phaninphx is offline Training Camp
    I would love to see KWill finish his career here. He'll probably get some offers as training camp approaches but if we can get him at bargain bin prices we should go for it. His leadership will be a great asset and we certainly have the cap room.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

No love for KWill?

Yeah I don't like how we just let a reliable veteran and all time great Viking leave and not give him a chance to continue his career here. He's still productive and could help out the team. I don't like how we treated him. We should take care of future hof'ers like this.

I just saw a report on the NFL Network saying that he is doing the Jared Allen "If I don't get the money I want I might retire" thing. If he wants top dollar for his services, I just don't see HOW the Vikings can treat him the way us fans would prefer him to be treated.

ADDED:
    I just have to add this really gets under my craw. We as fans are seen as ungrateful if these guys leave our team and we get ugly about it, so we need to support them no matter what for "what they have done." But what about all the support we gave when they were having bad stretches? Doesn't that account for a discount to stay with the team?

Allen refused to take one penny less than he felt he was worth, showing that he himself doesn't see Minnesota as more than a waypoint in his drive through the NFL. The signs are KW sees it in much the same way (though I HOPE not, really).

If the fan base that supported many, many....MANY horrible seasons means that little to them, then why should we value them? They played well, they were paid well, move along. As we used to say in the old days, "Thank you, Drive through."
    Last edited by drewlovs; 06-06-2014 at 11:14 PM.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    very few players in their later years are willing to take a pay cut to play ..maybe because of the drudgery of practice and the beating they have taking over the years ..

but i would love to see K WILLIAMS ONE TWO MORE SEASONS PLAYING IN A ROTATION STYLE ZIMMMER DEFENCE...HE STILL WOULD HAVE PRODUCTION ..BUT HIS CAP IS TO HIGH

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    A couple months ago some K-Will quotes lead me to believe he'd come back in any role for a reasonable price. I was unsure why the Vikings didn't jump on that, he's still good enough to have a spot on this team.

If he's really waiting for a certain price though, that's more understandable.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    A couple months ago some K-Will quotes lead me to believe he'd come back in any role for a reasonable price. I was unsure why the Vikings didn't jump on that, he's still good enough to have a spot on this team.

If he's really waiting for a certain price though, that's more understandable.
    See, I ALSO thought he wanted to come back, for the same reasons. I am now thinking maybe it wasn't my imagination if you remember that too.

But the whole, "If I don't get paid what I'm worth I'll retire" bit that Allen used earlier in the year before back-tracking let all the air out of my sails. After reading that, I actually said outloud, "But I like KWill, dammit!"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Vikings Easing Back into the K'Will picture. I hope we can bring him back. I have always liked K'Will.
    Kevin Williams says Vikings trying to “ease back in the picture” | ProFootballTalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast