Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Re: No love for C. Taylor

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    What a friggin joke.

Ahman Green? Marion Barber?! Edge and his 2.3 YPC? Marshawn who hasn't even played a game yet?

Seriously, what is this guy on...
    Whatever it is I sure dont want it if it mess with your head like that. That was the worst order I have ever seen

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

He obviously pulled the list out of his ass.
    I guess I shouldn't expect more from Fox Sports

Thanks PurpleMafia

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

the list, yes i can list all the things foxsports does wrong

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

CT is splitting carries, I doubt he'll get a 1000 yards this season unless Adrian gets hurt.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    CT is splitting carries, I doubt he'll get a 1000 yards this season unless Adrian gets hurt.
    He dont have to get 1000 just enough to win football games. But I would love for him to get 1000 so we can have the best tatum and get some respect. I think its possible for him to get it, if he set his mind to it, any thing is possible when your a vike.

It's just a fantasy ranking, which means that it doesn't matter how well they do as a group, but how well they do individually.
    Since we don't know how the carries will be divided up yet, it's tough to rank them high individually, even if we assume that together they'll get 1800+ yards and 10+ TDs (which I do).

Notice that the list is almost entirely comprised of guys that are true #1 backs, not guys that split time.
    The only exceptions are Bush (#15), Jones-Drew (#16), McAllister (#19), Barber (#25), and possibly Jones (#24).
    That's 4 or 5 out of 25, with the top 14 all #1 guys.
    Barber is the biggest stetch here, since this assumes he'll take over more carries from Julius Jones.
    The others all produced good numbers last year when they were also in split backfield situations, which suggests they are likely to do so again.

Chester Taylor put up good numbers last year, but as a featured back who got a ton of carries.
    So which Viking running back will get more carries, yards, catches, and TDs this season?
    I believe it will be AD, but I'm not sure.
    And it's almost certain that neither will get as many carries as Taylor got last year.

So if Taylor gets 1000+ yards and 8-10 TDs, I wouldn't be surprised.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets only 500 yards and 2 or 3 TDs.
    The same could be said for Peterson.
    That's why they're not on there, and with that in mind, I think the list isn't terrible.

If we hadn't drafted AD, I'm guessing that Taylor would have been right around the ten spot.
    Of course, this doesn't really matter in terms of how many games the Vikings will win (19, not including preseason) or how likely I am to pick up Peterson in my fantasy league (very likely).
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

this will be a good year...we have alot of depth reminds me of CT Huskies in !999 when we won the National Title- Duke couldn't handle the depth
    ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    According to Fox Sports, there is no love for Chester Taylor nor Adrian Peterson.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/6812674

They ranked the top QB's, Top 25 running backs and top 30 receivers.
    Perhaps his reasoning might be because he feels C-Tay & AD will be splitting time in the backfield rather than one taking the brunt of the carries.

Remember this article is about fantasy football. If you play fantasy football, would you choose a running back that will only see half the carries, thereby only amassing less of your points or would you choose a full-time back?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FF has a much more different approach to real football than us die hard fans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12