Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

No lack of confidence for Jared Allen

[size=13pt]No lack of confidence for Vikings’ Jared Allen[/size]

kansascity.com

Former Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen is no longer mincing words (OK, he never really did)....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: No lack of confidence for Jared Allen

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]No lack of confidence for Vikings’ Jared Allen[/size]

kansascity.com

Former Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen is no longer mincing words (OK, he never really did)....

“On paper we have one of the best teams in the NFL.”

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Allen told the newspaper he also regrets that Bears rookie left tackle Chris Williams is injured.

“I wish he would have started,” Allen said. “Rookies have no chance. They aren’t real people yet. They don’t exist in my world. Whatever you did in college, you did in college. This is the NFL. I’m coming to get you. I wish (Williams) was playing.”

This guy is so real. He says what's on his mind, but is smart enough not to give them anything to put on the board.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Allen told the newspaper he also regrets that Bears rookie left tackle Chris Williams is injured.

“I wish he would have started,” Allen said. “Rookies have no chance. They aren’t real people yet. They don’t exist in my world. Whatever you did in college, you did in college. This is the NFL. I’m coming to get you. I wish (Williams) was playing.”

This guy is so real. He says what's on his mind, but is smart enough not to give them anything to put on the board.
    Love that quote, very true.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

Good thing he came to a team were the staff doesn't believe in running rookies out and letting them learn on the field huh.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Peter King, on SIRIUS NFL Radio this morning, said the Vikes were the "Boutique pick to win the NFC North prior to Jared Allen's arrival."
    He went on to say, "Jared Allen is the player that puts them over the top, I think he'll have 20 sacks this season."

The fact that Jared Allen is a throwback is icing on the cake.
    He should not lack confidence, he's next to, arguably, the best two Defensive Tackles in the NFL.
    I agree with King, to a point...20 might be difficult because Kevin Williams is gonna be on fire, thanks to Allen's arrival.

Orton didn't hear a "Who," Orton heard an Allen.

Kitna, Allen will serve you your left tackle for lunch.

Rodgers, welcome to the NFL, and the sight of the sky...'cause that's what you are gonna be studying, whilst on your back.

As previously stated, this defensive line will be headline material all year...and Mr Allen knows it.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Good thing he came to a team were the staff doesn't believe in running rookies out and letting them learn on the field huh.

**cough** Adrian Peterson **cough**

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Jackson
    Greenway (Essentially)
    Cook
    Rice
    Tyrell Johnson

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Jackson
    Greenway (Essentially)
    Cook
    Rice
    Tyrell Johnson
    He was talking about the time before they played.
    AD was a rookie and before he played his first NFL game/season he was a big question mark.
    All rookies are.
    The NFL and college ball are so different that his quote is right on the money.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I liked Tim Yotters' blurb on Allen yesterday:

Childress was quoted as saying of Allens fun loving personality: "God help us when he gets comfortable around here."

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast