Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: No fine for Cherilus

"VikLloyd" wrote:
    I do agree that it was a legal hit and maybe doesnt deserve a fine but I mean cmon now Allen was on the other side of the field chasing a play that was thrown downfield as he was being hit anyway, just a very uncalled for shot especially at the knee. This is supposed to be a brotherhood league you take care of eachother, thats just straight up tryin to take a shot at a good player in my opinion.
    I think the brotherhood factor goes down and "mad as hell" goes up when you are 0-13.

Evans most likely will appeal the fine and will win, if the tape does show no facemask contact.

I do think that the Williams' getting the first suspension injunction in MN, which seemed to fire up the NFLPA to jump on board, could very well have upset Goodell and the rest of the league office.
    You can imagine that several NFL executives, maybe even Goodell, will be called to testify in the evidenciary hearing.
    The NFL could end up with LOTS of egg on their face.
    This will not endear the league office to the Vikings.
    NOTE: The way the Vikings front office is washing their hands of the whole situation.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!!!
    [youtube=425,350]WINDtlPXmmE&feature=related[/youtube]
    Nice. Alternatively...

[youtube=425,350]I9W-smdTVjA[/youtube]

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Isn't being on the Lions punishment enough? Ha Ha Cherilus! You fucking jackass.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It didn't deserve a fine

But a phantom facemask call and a retaliation push get fines?

I could see the little scuffle getting a fine.. But a face mask that didn't happen should not have got one

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I am not sure what the organization did to Goodell, but maybe they didn't play ball on some NFL agenda and are now paying the price. I have one theory but it would be a bit too controversial to bring up.
    Does it have anything to do with Goodell retaliating against the Vikings because the Williams wall is fighting the suspensions?

"How dare they fight my ruling! I'll show them!

How does the timing of all the fines correlate to the timing when the controversy over the water pills first cropped up?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I am not sure what the organization did to Goodell, but maybe they didn't play ball on some NFL agenda and are now paying the price. I have one theory but it would be a bit too controversial to bring up.
    Does it have anything to do with Goodell retaliating against the Vikings because the Williams wall is fighting the suspensions?

"How dare they fight my ruling! I'll show them!

How does the timing of all the fines correlate to the timing when the controversy over the water pills first cropped up?
    I, for one, would like to hear UffDa's theory.
    If anything, for some entertainment value.

Whether Goodell has a boner for picking on the Vikings or these fines just happen to swing against the Vikings, I hope they let those 'press clippings' rev them up.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!!!
    Nice.
    That's the pre-montage for Chad Hartman on KFAN, isn't it?
    Or is that Berriero?
    I can never tell those two buttclowns apart.
    lol
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Actually, the quote originally came from the movie "Network!"

Howard Beale spoke the line. Read these lines from the movie and tell me it doesn't sound like today...
    I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Ok, the hit was legal and so i dont believe it can be a fine, however Fred Evans gets a fine for something that didnt happen, hopefully he will win his appeal when they actually look at what happened.

Lions player gets ejected and get the same fine at someone who didnt..

I dont get it

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I just don't understand how there's no rule to prevent a defenseless lineman's knees, when there is one to protect a defenseless QBs' knees.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast