Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

No felony charges against vikes for fight

Good news at least depending on how you look at it that is. Apparantely the injuries to the victim in the fight with Ej Henderson and Mike Nattiel were not severe enough to warrant felony charges. They will be filed as misdemeanor charges. I would guess then there will be no suspensions from the NFL being they cannot be found guilty of felony charges since there will be no felony charges filed. Also since Ej basically got off on his DWI it looks though he will not miss any games for us. Let's just hope he can stay out of more trouble this year.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

I agree, anyone can goof every now and then,
    but enough is enough. Tough lessons Just hope
    he's learned from them.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Wow I guess thats good news for us, but I bet the guy that got the crap kicked out of him is a little pissed off that nothing will be done.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Fantastic news!

Now all the other Vikings will realize nothing will happen to them when they drive drunk, and many others will follow in EJ's wake!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

or, maybe a packer will learn how to read and they'll give it a try!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Ha! None of them can read, so THERE!!!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VaViking1 is offline Training Camp

I, too was glad to see that the charges won't be as serious as we were lead to believe in the beginning. It also shows that the way the media reported the police officers accounting isn't always the case. I'm not saying the police were lying but that they also weren't there at the beginning to see exactly what and how things started and developed. And the media is always more than willing to shine an unforgiving light on young athletes. Now, I wonder how much viger will this same media put into the reporting of the facts that are coming out? That shows our players were more the victim and/or coming to the add of 1 of their own. Will the facts got the same over the top reporting as the, let's jump to conclusions reporting got?
    I seriously doubt it and it will only get a fraction of the coverage, as the untruth got. Good news doesn't sell papers, and that is all the media is about. I don't believe the media any longer really care about the truth, just the dollar bill.

I believe in defending ones self. I'm going to fight back if that's the only choice I have, too.
    I also, feel this is coming at a good time and now our guys can get their heads around football and not be worrying about what they will be charged with.

Sorry about the media rant but that is how I feel.

Tommy - VIKINGS Fan for Life!!

vaviking, there's a pretty thin line between defending yourself and ganging up three on one style and kicking the sh-t out of a guy while he's unconcious on the ground. granted, he shouldn't have started the fight in the first place, but i think danny farmer could have taken care of himself. i don't think it takes 3 guys between 220 and 250 pounds to take on one loudmouthed drunk. i personally would rather they got a little jail time at the risk of not helping the team for a few weeks. sometimes the game is not the most important thing.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

VaViking1 is offline Training Camp

"amavikesfan" wrote:
    vaviking, there's a pretty thin line between defending yourself and ganging up three on one style and kicking the sh-t out of a guy while he's unconcious on the ground. granted, he shouldn't have started the fight in the first place, but i think danny farmer could have taken care of himself. i don't think it takes 3 guys between 220 and 250 pounds to take on one loudmouthed drunk. i personally would rather they got a little jail time at the risk of not helping the team for a few weeks. sometimes the game is not the most important thing.
    The latest story I read said the Steve Farmer was being attached by more than 1 person. And that was the reason for Henderson and Nattiel going to his aid.

Tommy - VIKINGS Fan for Life!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

amavike where u there, did u see what happened, i didn't think so none of us no what happened because WE WERE NOT THERE. Obviously they didn't beat him that bad he went to the hospital but they always take u to the hospital to check for injuries did he have a concousion or any broken bones NO, its so obvious guys that they didnt beat him that bad i mean three dudes over 230 pounds beating one guy like they described, he would be dead or in serious pain, they didnt do what the media said and thats all i can say it was overblown by the media just like everything else, THE MEDIA IS SHIT, its almost like they make shit up to sell papers or get there story on the news

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast