Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: No Fanfare After Big Win

"PurplePeopleEaters69" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The Eagles are going to be VERY HARD to beat. Since McNabb got benched, this team has come together like no other team in the league.
    Yeah, when they mustered just 3 points in a loss to Washington 2 weeks ago.
    Not trying to attack you, sorry if that sounds harsh.
    If the Vikings didn't fumble away the Atlanta game analysts and fans would be saying how great the Vikings are right now instead of the Eagles.
    I'm not saying it will be a walk in the park or anything, but just because the Eagles beat the crap out of a dysfunctional Cowboys team doesn't mean they are gonna waltz into the Metrodome and beat us.
    The Vikes are still 9-3 their last 12 and finished the season 5-1.
    Granted yesterday's win wasn't convincing, but a win is a win.
    Take away Childress' poor clock management at the end of the first half and TJack's interception from inside the 10 yard line (the return also led to 3 points for the NYG) and we easily could have won 23-13.
    Not to mention I felt like we played better against their starters than the backups.
    I'm excited and pumped for Sunday's game.
    NFC North Champs!
    And now, were getting no respect, underdogs at home in the playoffs.
    We should have a chip on our shoulder.
    SKOL
    I am excited and pumped as well my freind, however, one must not overlook thier (both teams) performance against a team we have both played ala the Giants.....

L
    31-36
    W 20-14
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    I think the majority of Vikes fans are too fickle.
    There are very few die hards, just look at how quiet the dome will get just because of one play.
    Other teams know that and plan on it.
    Maybe I'm one of the most "fickle" in terms of just not having much faith. When you've been a Vikings fan as long as I, and some others here, have been and been through the heartache we've experienced you tend to get "cynical." Maybe that's a better word than "fickle."
    But today I work up feeling good about the Vikings. The Eagles are going to be VERY HARD to beat. Since McNabb got benched, this team has come together like no other team in the league. I really believe the Eagles have a chance to win it all. If the Vikes can put pressure on a roll out QB like McNabb and just by chance win this game, I think the Vikes could go all the way. At least we have the game at home and that place should be LOUD and PROUD!
    I've been a fan since I can remember (80's vikings) so I have been through some ups and downs.
    I think fans need to remember how much of a weapon the crowd noise is in the dome, don't stop screaming just because one big play, get LOUDER.
    Make the opponents work through the noise the entire game, not just before the snap.
    Maybe they should just hand out horns.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

HoosierVike is offline Starter

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    The Eagles are going to be VERY HARD to beat. Since McNabb got benched, this team has come together like no other team in the league.
    If the Vikings didn't fumble away the Atlanta game analysts and fans would be saying how great the Vikings are right now instead of the Eagles.
    I'm not saying it will be a walk in the park or anything, but just because the Eagles beat the crap out of a dysfunctional Cowboys team doesn't mean they are gonna waltz into the Metrodome and beat us.
    Take away Childress' poor clock management at the end of the first half and TJack's interception from inside the 10 yard line (the return also led to 3 points for the NYG) and we easily could have won 23-13.
    Not to mention I felt like we played better against their starters than the backups.
    NFC North Champs!
    SKOL
    couldnt have said it better myself..great post

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    There are very few die hards, just look at how quiet the dome will get just because of one play.
    Maybe I'm one of the most "fickle" in terms of just not having much faith. When you've been a Vikings fan as long as I, and some others here, have been and been through the heartache we've experienced you tend to get "cynical." Maybe that's a better word than "fickle."
    But today I work up feeling good about the Vikings. The Eagles are going to be VERY HARD to beat. Since McNabb got benched, this team has come together like no other team in the league. I really believe the Eagles have a chance to win it all. If the Vikes can put pressure on a roll out QB like McNabb and just by chance win this game, I think the Vikes could go all the way. At least we have the game at home and that place should be LOUD and PROUD!
    +1.
    The thing that really concerns me is that when you give a veteran like McNabb a second life, they usually respond.
    I too believe the Eagles have a shot at it all.
    Especially with the experience and tenacious "D".
    Westbrook won't hurt their chances, either.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    NFC North Champs!
    SKOL
    I am excited and pumped as well my freind, however, one must not overlook thier (both teams) performance against a team we have both played ala the Giants.....

L
    31-36
    W 20-14
    Hey Marr! I believe we won the game 20-19.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

WE ARE THE NORTH DIVISION CHAMPS, WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, WE ARE HOME!
    THEY HAVE TO STOP AD AND RELY ON MCNABB TO PASS THEMSELVES TO WIN!
    PHILLY IS SCARED.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I've been a fan since I can remember (80's vikings) so I have been through some ups and downs.
    I think fans need to remember how much of a weapon the crowd noise is in the dome, don't stop screaming just because one big play, get LOUDER.
    Make the opponents work through the noise the entire game, not just before the snap.
    We're paralyzed with worry though.
    It's amazing how much we remind me of the Boston Red Sox pre-2004.
    We're wildly passionate about our team, and we have one of the loudest crowds in the game but sometimes the crowd can be...cautious.
    We want to cheer...but we're just waiting for the collapse.
    We're just waiting for that moment where they tear
    our hearts out.
    However it's the playoffs, I have a hard time believing that a fanbase such as ours will have a hard time being fired up and loud for it's first home playoff game since 2000!
    At the same time, the Vikings could help our cause if they come out fired up and start out well.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    NFC North Champs!
    SKOL

L
    31-36
    W 20-14
    Hey Marr! I believe we won the game 20-19.
    You are correct (you and your little Winky smiley man) but the two scores I posted are from the two times the Giants and Iggles met this year........

Should have stated that clearer I guess...... :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    We're wildly passionate about our team, and we have one of the loudest crowds in the game but sometimes the crowd can be...cautious.
    our hearts out.
    However it's the playoffs, I have a hard time believing that a fanbase such as ours will have a hard time being fired up and loud for it's first home playoff game since 2000!
    At the same time, the Vikings could help our cause if they come out fired up and start out well.
    Not having been at the games but watching them all, that's something I haven't seen from the Vikings. I don't see much pre-game "excitement" from the team. Maybe I'm just missing it on the TV broadcasts. One or two guys urging the crowd to cheer is about the extent of it is seems to me.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    our hearts out.
    Nice analogy.
    But, take it from a guy who grew up 18 miles n. of Boston.
    The Sox went EIGHTY-SIX years between WS wins.
    Even so, there was always optimism with their fans.
    I can't explain it.
    The Pats were laughing stocks for years.
    With the Sox there was always perpetual hope.
    With the Pats, prior to the "Big Tuna" signing as HC, it was actually perpetual hopelessness...seriously, you could actually feel it!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast