Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

No Fanfare After Big Win

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...r_Vikings.html

This article makes me mad at these vikings fans that wrote in on the bottom...

The part where they hope we can survive a 88-0 drubbing from the eagles.....that win last night was a fluke...the cowgirls implowded on themselves and could have been beated by many high school teams! We will not put forth the same effort in a home play off game that the cowboys did last night.

An the one that says I hope we win the super bowl and then fire childres....Wouldnt that mean that at some point along the way we had some good coaching to get their? doesnt at all make sense...

Or the one that says we can barely play beat a team of subs....Well even when they had their starters in we held them to 3 field goals....when their Carr came in he did better than Eli did!!! the did keep their defensive starters in a lot longer than their offensive as well (tuck was in till the 4th) besides its not like these backups havent played all year, the giants are an extremely deep team!

Once again this shows that some vikings fans just cant find positives out of any situation, and i can see how they have seen so much disapointment over the years, but it doesnt make sense when they win the divisions and have a really good team and earned it the whole way to still bad mouth them?!

just keep your mouth shut until they lose (if they lose) then you can come out and say you know it all along and it will sound a little bit more intelligent.
    but until then you are giving no fanfare to one of the better teams the vikes have put together in the last two decades.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: No Fanfare After Big Win

Those aren't Vikings fans.
    The Strib is a favorite blog for Packer fans to comment on.
    Go to http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/ and see for yourself.
    Most of the comments are positive from Vikings fans, but there are always a few trolls.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

That isn't bad.......

Anyone here that Asshat/asschunks CC this morning on Mike and Mike?

Dude is dead to me.
    Hope his ass gets left out of the HOF again this year.
    What a hater.

Seriously, I don't mind a good analyst pointing out our issues, but damn, he actually tries to make jokes about the Vikings.

STFU dickhead.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    That isn't bad.......

Dude is dead to me.
    Hope his ass gets left out of the HOF again this year.
    What a hater.

Seriously, I don't mind a good analyst pointing out our issues, but damn, he actually tries to make jokes about the Vikings.

STFU dickhead.
    A couple weeks ago he referred to the Metrodome as the Homerdome. As far as I'm concerned he's a bitter ex-dolphin, because that's what he acts like.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    That isn't bad.......

Dude is dead to me.
    Hope his jiggly butt gets left out of the HOF again this year.
    What a hater.

Seriously, I don't mind a good analyst pointing out our issues, but gol 'darnit, he actually tries to make jokes about the Vikings.

STFU dickhead.
    A couple weeks ago he referred to the Metrodome as the Homerdome. As far as I'm concerned he's a bitter ex-dolphin, because that's what he acts like.
    Simply shamefull.

Again, I can agree with him on some of the issues he has with this team, but Damnnnnnnn
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I think the majority of Vikes fans are too fickle.
    There are very few die hards, just look at how quiet the dome will get just because of one play.
    Other teams know that and plan on it.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    That isn't bad.......

Dude is dead to me.
    What a hater.

Seriously, I don't mind a good analyst pointing out our issues, but gol 'darnit, he actually tries to make jokes about the Vikings.

STFU dickhead.
    Simply shamefull.

Again, I can agree with him on some of the issues he has with this team, but Damnnnnnnn
    Easy people.
    The Metrodome's nickname is the Homerdome.
    It isn't a slam, it is a nickname that it earned when the Twins were perennial favorites in MLB.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HHH_Metrodome
    Common notable nicknames include The Dome or the HHH Metrodome, and often nicknamed the Homerdome (even though in reality it is no easier to hit a home run than average).[3]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    That isn't bad.......

Dude is dead to me.
    What a hater.

STFU dickhead.
    Simply shamefull.

Easy people.
    The Metrodome's nickname is the Homerdome.
    It isn't a slam, it is a nickname that it earned when the Twins were perennial favorites in MLB.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HHH_Metrodome
    Common notable nicknames include The Dome or the HHH Metrodome, and often nicknamed the Homerdome (even though in reality it is no easier to hit a home run than average).[3]
    Ahhh. My bad. He said something about people in the Homerdome booing so I took offense.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    I think the majority of Vikes fans are too fickle.
    There are very few die hards, just look at how quiet the dome will get just because of one play.
    Other teams know that and plan on it.
    Maybe I'm one of the most "fickle" in terms of just not having much faith. When you've been a Vikings fan as long as I, and some others here, have been and been through the heartache we've experienced you tend to get "cynical." Maybe that's a better word than "fickle."
    But today I work up feeling good about the Vikings. The Eagles are going to be VERY HARD to beat. Since McNabb got benched, this team has come together like no other team in the league. I really believe the Eagles have a chance to win it all. If the Vikes can put pressure on a roll out QB like McNabb and just by chance win this game, I think the Vikes could go all the way. At least we have the game at home and that place should be LOUD and PROUD!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    The Eagles are going to be VERY HARD to beat. Since McNabb got benched, this team has come together like no other team in the league.
    Yeah, when they mustered just 3 points in a loss to Washington 2 weeks ago.
    Not trying to attack you, sorry if that sounds harsh.
    If the Vikings didn't fumble away the Atlanta game analysts and fans would be saying how great the Vikings are right now instead of the Eagles.
    I'm not saying it will be a walk in the park or anything, but just because the Eagles beat the crap out of a dysfunctional Cowboys team doesn't mean they are gonna waltz into the Metrodome and beat us.
    The Vikes are still 9-3 their last 12 and finished the season 5-1.
    Granted yesterday's win wasn't convincing, but a win is a win.
    Take away Childress' poor clock management at the end of the first half and TJack's interception from inside the 10 yard line (the return also led to 3 points for the NYG) and we easily could have won 23-13.
    Not to mention I felt like we played better against their starters than the backups.
    I'm excited and pumped for Sunday's game.
    NFC North Champs!
    And now, were getting no respect, underdogs at home in the playoffs.
    We should have a chip on our shoulder.
    SKOL
    "When God was making defensive ends he made Jim Marshall first. Then everything else followed." -- Joe Kapp.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast