4-12.
    I really hope not.
    I hate to say this but are we pushing our way to LA
    > :'(
    Ah, that's pushing it a BIT much.
    I'm a worryer.

williamsontothebench is offline Training Camp

Re: No confidence.

See what matters most is why in the heck do we not ever throw the ball down field?
    Everything was the short passa again.
    Brad did ok today. What hurt most was Taylor fumbling the ball twice!
    Why do we try the sreeen pass? It has not worked in 3 weeks.
    4-6 season is over!
    Watch how Arizona will come in and beat us.
    I have just about lost interest in this team, Childress needs to get a qb in there that can pass the ball down the fn field.

Heck the Gophers could outscore us!
    To me I thought the line played much better. d line held the running game to -3 yards. Somehow the passing game needs to tighten up.

Childress NEEDS TO QUIT CALLING THE PLAYS..

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

wow, and i also think we only a few peices from a playoff team...
    i might have no confidence in this team but heck let's not go as far to say that the vikes will suck for 5 years.
    #1 if the vikes offense sucks next season and we go 6-10 again, childress will lose his job.
    we have a stadium riding on his success.
    #2 we are a WR-playmaker and a QB that can get it to him away from having a decent offense.
    our Oline is crap and i imagine that this offseason will begin with suring it up and ending with as many WR's trying out as possible.
    brad will either quit or ride the bench and we will pick the best QB available in the draft--first pick.

and for all the TJ shouldn't play people out there...fewey!
    he should have been a late draft pick and we picked him mega-early...now let's see if that was worth it.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I'm not going to get on Chester too hard. I'm sure he's plenty angry with himself and seeing as he IS our offense, I'm not going to get on him for one bad game. I DO have confidence in 5 things:1.) Defense 2.)Chester 3.)Left side of the OL 4.)[img width=244 height=325]http://www.startribune.com/media/2006/08/14/20/2VikesJH0815.standalone.jpg[/img]

***Edit***
    and 5.)
    [img width=318 height=400]http://i3.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/09/b7/b9_1.JPG[/img]

Him with Carter in one/two years will be unstoppable

(Here it comes)
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

I GUARANTEE all of you that if we had a mobile QB, our Oline would be 10x better, with the same personel. Defenses know EXACTLY where to run and they pumpel the same line over and over and over and wear our line out. If, oh let's say T-Jack, were in, he'd be able to move and the D lines would have to account for that and not be able to bum rush the line every single play. The LB's would have to worry about him taking off instead of helping in coverage, allowing more open WRs. TJack will save our ship, even if it isn't this year. And, finally, I firmly believe the stadium rides on T-Jack's success, b/c Childress' job/success rides on his shoulders, and the stadium rides on Childress' success (so use the transitive rule).

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"bobbybryant101" wrote:
    To get any offense Childress is going to have to finally sit that STIFF Brad Johnson, include Butterfingers Chester too!
    Childress inherited a pretty good team, no more excuses! ...stay the course, keep losing!
    seriously dude. chestor had his FIRST 2 FUMBLES AS A VIKING! tiki barber, ahman green werent benched for fumble problems. benching chestor taylor has to be THE single most IDIOTIC thing i have read in awhile. i cringe knowing chestor taylor is our offense. brad johnson is going to do way better than tarvaris, but people dont seem to get that.

alright, here it is. the reason why romo is looking good is, roethlisberger (sp) was doing good (and will later proove my point) i will explain my opinion why. when teams prepare they need film on a player. thats how they get an "edge" on a players tendencies, choices, etc. if they have no film its hard to prepare for a guy. normally a qb's first season is decently good for the sheer fact teams dont know how to prepare agianst them (i.e. reothlisberger). if we throw in TJ right now odds are he'll look good until teams start to understand how to prepare against him. which IMO is the reason why reothlisberger is doing a piss-poor job right now. romo will eventually be shut down and cowboy fans will be calling for his head.

childress has done everything in his power to help the team, but the offense lost it for ourselves with turnovers.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"vikes09" wrote:
    "bobbybryant101" wrote:
    To get any offense Childress is going to have to finally sit that STIFF Brad Johnson, include Butterfingers Chester too!
    Childress inherited a pretty good team, no more excuses! ...stay the course, keep losing!
    seriously dude. chestor had his FIRST 2 FUMBLES AS A VIKING!
    He also fubled against the bears costing us that game.
    But I agree sitting the only real offensive weapon we have is a bit silly.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"Gift" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    "bobbybryant101" wrote:
    seriously dude. chestor had his FIRST 2 FUMBLES AS A VIKING!
    He also fubled against the bears costing us that game.
    But I agree sitting the only real offensive weapon we have is a bit silly.
    my mistake, but point being if we sit chestor we're screwed.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I have a question?... Why don't we use Mewelde Moore more often?
    All he does is break tackles...

I'm not saying to bench taylor but a series with mewelde may give us an extra spark..

Unfortunately, I'd hate to say this but if we loose out.. we get a good draft pick...

Can anybody say Calvin Johnson?

"vikes09" wrote:
    "bobbybryant101" wrote:
    seriously dude. chestor had his FIRST 2 FUMBLES AS A VIKING! tiki barber, ahman green werent benched for fumble problems. benching chestor taylor has to be THE single most IDIOTIC thing i have read in awhile. i cringe knowing chestor taylor is our offense. brad johnson is going to do way better than tarvaris, but people dont seem to get that.

alright, here it is. the reason why romo is looking good is, roethlisberger (sp) was doing good (and will later proove my point) i will explain my opinion why. when teams prepare they need film on a player. thats how they get an "edge" on a players tendencies, choices, etc. if they have no film its hard to prepare for a guy. normally a qb's first season is decently good for the sheer fact teams dont know how to prepare agianst them (i.e. reothlisberger). if we throw in TJ right now odds are he'll look good until teams start to understand how to prepare against him. which IMO is the reason why reothlisberger is doing a piss-poor job right now. romo will eventually be shut down and cowboy fans will be calling for his head.

childress has done everything in his power to help the team, but the offense lost it for ourselves with turnovers.
    So under this theory every veteran QB will be prepared for b/c there is film of them and they will all be stopped. Alright....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast