Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Nick Rogers - Please explain

Who is Nick Rogers? I have heard this guys name for the last two seasons and he has almost always been injured so couldn't play. Did we draft him a few years ago? If so was that as an LB because that's the impression I have. There was talk earlier this year that he might start at DE till Mixon gets back and then move back to LB

Is there any reason why this guy can't/won't start ahead of EJ or Thomas for LB (since he's been around at least one season longer)? Unles of course he's just Backup quality.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Nick Rogers was drafted by the VIKINGS in 2002 6th Rd. 177th overall. He was a LB will be moved to DE this season. He had 2 sacks in his rookie year thats second only to Rudd in his rookie year. Who had 5. Has played in every game since he was drafted.
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

drtybrdy9 is offline Rookie

Nick Rogers was changed to DE to proved more speed at the position. I don't think that he will start, but he will be used much like Johnstone was last year in 3rd Downs and passing situations. Unless his transition to the defensive line is disatourous he will not be moving back to defensive line. As for him being better at LB than Thomas or EJ, there is no comparison. There is a reason he was drafted in the 6th round of the 2002 draft, he isn't that good. I don't even know how much playing time he will get this year. With Udeze(fo sheze my neeze) stepping into a starting role and Mixon and Johnstone probably getting most snaps at the other end position.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Nick Rogers - Please explain

"Big C" wrote:
    Who is Nick Rogers? I have heard this guys name for the last two seasons and he has almost always been injured so couldn't play. Did we draft him a few years ago? If so was that as an LB because that's the impression I have. There was talk earlier this year that he might start at DE till Mixon gets back and then move back to LB

Is there any reason why this guy can't/won't start ahead of EJ or Thomas for LB (since he's been around at least one season longer)? Unles of course he's just Backup quality.

ALMOST ALWAYS INJURED??????? :roll:

sig courtesy of PPE

Big C is offline Coordinator

Thanks for clarifying that up. Sorry if I had my facts wrong. I didn't realize that he was drafted in the 6th round. The reason I thought he was injured most of the time is purely based off some items I read on Vikings.com a while ago. I remember at almost every press release one reporter or another would ask how Nick Rogers was doing and how his injury was going and such.

It's quite possible (almost obvious) that I have the name mixed up ops: Maybe we had another Nick who I am mistaken with. Oh well, it doesn't matter anymore. Thanks for the info!

With Crockett being let go and Biekert retiring, do we still have enough depth at LB? I guess our starters will be Claiborn, EJ and Thomas and the backups will be Nattiel and Rod Davis. Do we have any other LBs? Do you think we might try and pickup another LB from free agency? Please go easy on my ignorance .
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe you mean Nick davis? Our depth at LB is certainly frightening, if Claiborne or E.J. (who hurt his knee in minicamp) goes odwn, which is likely to happen at one point in the season, look out!

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

It sounds like you're talking about Raonall Smith, Big C. I've never seen him play either, and I think he was a 2nd rounder in 2002
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    It sounds like you're talking about Raonall Smith, Big C. I've never seen him play either, and I think he was a 2nd rounder in 2002

Yeah, raonall smith came to my mind when I read what Big C wrote too. He has been hurt for 2 straight years, and was a bust in the 2nd round. Is he actually still here? He had injury problems in college too, and we really need to get rid of this kid, waste of a roster spot.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

EJ already hurt his knee in minicamp? How severe? That would really suck, he is going to be awesome!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    EJ already hurt his knee in minicamp? How severe? That would really suck, he is going to be awesome!!
    Yeah, it sucks, but worst case scenario has him 100% healthy at the start of training camp, so no worries yet.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast