Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

A nice article for a change.....

This is from ESPN.com. And NO, ultravikingfan, I didn't see it posted anywhere in the forums.

===============================================

A ray of sunshine in cloudy Minnesota
    By Michael Smith
    ESPN.com

STILL STANDING

The way the past five weeks have gone for the Minnesota Vikings, you expected something -- anything -- to go wrong. A botched snap. A bobble by the holder. Place-kicker Paul Edinger to fall before he could get his right foot into a game-winning 56-yard field goal attempt. Or perhaps the Packers would block it and run it back for a score, ala Philadelphia (see below). Yes, that would have been fitting.

Because by Sunday, many, including yours truly, already had measured the Vikings' season for its coffin. And, for sure, they looked like dead men walking in falling behind 17-0 to the Packers at halftime. Since allegations of sexual misconduct aboard two chartered boats surfaced during their bye week, we've wondered about the Vikings' character, both personal and professional, especially as they showed very little of the latter in suffering consecutive road losses to the Falcons and Bears (outscored 58-13).

But in the second half Sunday, Minnesota came alive. And now, thanks to a 23-20 come-from-behind victory, so, still, is the Vikings' season.

Be honest. Aren't you, in a weird way, just a little happy for the Vikings? Considering all they've been through, it was an incredible win. Granted, the Vikings brought all of this upon themselves. But it's still good to see a team pick itself up off the canvas. The Vikes had only lost two in a row, but the organization needed something positive, team employees needed a reason to look forward to coming to work.

The Vikings had every reason to quit when the fell behind the Packers, who even at 1-4, were seen as the class of this sorry division and were coming off a bye. But Daunte Culpepper (two TDs, no picks) said something as he left the Georgia Dome three weeks ago that showed against Green Bay: He vowed that his team would not quit. And apparently, it drew inspiration from Mike Tice's stern words at intermission.

It was as if Edinger, in connecting on his career-long and team-record kick as time expired, took all of the franchise's frustrations out on the football. He kicked it so far until it carried several rows into the stands.

And the Vikings (2-4, one game out of the division lead), though disgraced, dismissed, and distracted of late, are still standing.

==============================================

I finally got to watch PrimeTime to see some highlights of a Vikings game. (Sigh) It was wonderful.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: A nice article for a change.....

Now the Packers can take residence in that coffin that the media wanted to throw us in and start to throw the dirt on it.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Thanks for the article, nice read. Great win.
    We needed this one.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That was a good article. Let's not stop here though. Let's keep it going and get a win streak going!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Now the Packers can take residence in that coffin that the media wanted to throw us in and start to throw the dirt on it.
    LMAO!

Tru about wanting to throw us in it.

Also, I like Michael Smith. He is on Around the Horn a lot and I always like his comments. He is the only one that isn't a slug.

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

Yep; but now we will hear all month long is Farve going to retire.......Wow; with all the injuries the Packers have you have to wonder is Farve going to stick around......All month, all year, as they align themselves for Reggie Bush. Wish Farve would just quit and go away for good sick of that guy!