Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NFL will help with Vikings stadium

Goodell tells Minn. officials NFL will help with Vikings' stadium

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday he will reveal details in the next few days about the league's contribution toward a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings.

Goodell met Tuesday morning in St. Paul with Gov. Mark Dayton and the legislators sponsoring a stadium bill.
    Well this could stir the state a little. maybe means the Vikes won't need so much from the state - that will piss them off
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL will help with Vikings stadium

good news.

Take a few bucks out of what the state contributes, change that to a contribution from the NFL (maybe around $100 mil or a bit more?)

$400 mil Zygi
    $300 mil Ramsey County
    $200 mil Minnesota
    $150 mil NFL

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I thought I read else where all that money would be part of the Owners share, not the state or counties. Also going to the owners share is naming rights, and PSLs. I don't expect the state to get any discounts.

It also shows a prime example of why all decisions should be held off until a new CBA is reached, and fully examined. Everything from player salaries, to revenue sharing, to NFL stadium funds, how many games will be played are unknown. Without that information it is really hard to determine how much the team needs to be competitive.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I don't want to owe Goodell and the league anything. We have to deal with enough bullshit from league employees(officials.)

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1097750
    I thought I read else where all that money would be part of the Owners share, not the state or counties. Also going to the owners share is naming rights, and PSLs. I don't expect the state to get any discounts.

It also shows a prime example of why all decisions should be held off until a new CBA is reached, and fully examined. Everything from player salaries, to revenue sharing, to NFL stadium funds, how many games will be played are unknown. Without that information it is really hard to determine how much the team needs to be competitive.
    I also thought that the owners share already included funds from the league but the league share had expired as part of the team revenue sharing and the pool of money wasn't currently available but was expected to be renewed.

aceclown is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097749
    good news.

Take a few bucks out of what the state contributes, change that to a contribution from the NFL (maybe around $100 mil or a bit more?)

$400 mil Zygi
    $300 mil Ramsey County
    $200 mil Minnesota
    $150 mil NFL

The NFL's G2 fund used to pay out $50 million towards new stadium construction, so that 150 number you're throwing out there is probably too optimistic.

Chuch.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1097755
    I don't want to owe Goodell and the league anything. We have to deal with enough bullshit from league employees(officials.)
    may be a better option than having to let the state threw a spanner in the works, just so that they can look good for the voters and say " we tried but the Vikings didn't want to play ball "
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Dibbzz is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "aceclown" #1097760
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097749
    good news.

$400 mil Zygi
    $300 mil Ramsey County
    $200 mil Minnesota
    $150 mil NFL

The NFL's G2 fund used to pay out $50 million towards new stadium construction, so that 150 number you're throwing out there is probably too optimistic.
    Even so $50 million could still help and easily be distributed amongst the Stadium Project's theoretical pie chart. I think ideally the best situation would be to put however many millions the NFL is willing to throw at this thing and you deduct it from the Ramsey County sales tax. I don't know exactly how the numbers would crunch out but if you can knock it down from a .5 Percent Sales tax increase to something akin to .4 Percent or lower that might make this whole thing easier to swallow for the Ramsey County Tax Payer.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1097750

Exactly.

The amount is not in addition to what has been put on the table already, they are merely talking about the possibility they will kick in for part of the amount the team has committed.

marshallvike is online now Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1097748
    Goodell tells Minn. officials NFL will help with Vikings' stadium

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday he will reveal details in the next few days about the league's contribution toward a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings.

Goodell met Tuesday morning in St. Paul with Gov. Mark Dayton and the legislators sponsoring a stadium bill.
    Well this could stir the state a little. maybe means the Vikes won't need so much from the state - that will piss them off
    with all that has been written lately, it sounds like the Vikings are going to get the naming rights. if that is the case, I don't think the Wilf's will be too pissed about the states share. it would also seem, the smaller the states share, the larger percentage of ownership the team would have in the stadium, giving them more control over, and added revenue from other use.
    If Rodger met with the Governor, it would lead one to deduce that the NFL's contribution will go to the state. Otherwise Ramsey county officials and/or the Wilfs would have been included in the meeting. Hopefully, hosting a Super Bowl is included as an added enticement.

a lot of assumptions on my part, but it makes sense in my little head.:laugh:
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast