Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Foranzan is offline Rookie

Re: NFL Tiebreaker Rules

So if it comes down that we're both 10-6 (assuming we lose to either Pittsburg or Baltimore) with one of our final 2 wins being the Bears, we win the division because of a better NFC North record? Or would the Bears lose to us on the 1st be their only division loss?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Viking/Bear Tiebreak Breakdown

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). - We would be tied if we beat them in week 17
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. Same as above
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. - Currently, the bears are winning this with ther wins over Tampa and Carolina, while we only have Cleveland in our favor. A win over Atlanta would give them this tiebreaker. CHEER FOR ATL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. - I don't understand how this one is below common games but this one is pretty much unattainable for us. The bears would have to lose their three remaining games, and if that happened I'm hoping we would beat them with our record alone.
    5. Strength of victory. - Their SOF average is 3 points higher than ours. Its a good thing this doesn't include "weakness of loss" or we wouldn't have a chance at this tiebreaker.
    6. Strength of schedule. - We got this one! Hooray! We can only lose if Washington and San Franciso win out while St. Louis and New York go winless for the rest of the season.

To sum up my post in four words:
    WE MUST WIN OUT
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

just think if your seasoncame down to a coin toss to make the playoffs or not. that was be insane. but i think it is pretty much impossible for that to happen. someone should look up and see how many steps they have used in the past. like when hae they ever gotten past conference record?
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12