Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL speed throws Christian Ponder for a loop

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103984
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103981
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103972
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1103952
    Hey if your wife is tongue wrestling with singer you might have some subtle oversights with other things in life :laugh:
    Don't believe him. He is still struggling with the concept that Toby wasn't brought in to be a 3rd down back but a guy who can spell AD at times.

During the discussion he said Toby was big and slow and I retorted with Toby's 40 times vs AD's 40 times and that AD's weren't that much different than Toby's.

Since then he has been saying that I said Toby was as fast as AD or faster.

Toby
    4.47 Low - 4.62 High
    AD
    4.37 Low - 4.42 High
    So then you bring up the stat just for the sake of mentioning it?

Might as well have gone this way.

Me: Toby is hella slow.

You: I had chicken fingers for lunch!

If you weren't bringing up the stat to try and make a point, then what was the point of bringing it up?
    What?

Just like the whole "Scrimage" discussion. You didn't like Toby as a third down back. I agree'd but said he wasn't brought in to be a third down back. I said he was brought in to spell AD or start when he couldn't go.

You then said he was to slow to start and I put up the stats. How is that anyway like having chicken fingers for lunch.
    You bring up the stats to a) try and point out that he isn't slow, or b) add nothing of value to the conversation.

which is it? You said that you weren't trying to say he's almost as fast as AP, so what alternative is there?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104000
    Hey if your wife is tongue wrestling with singer you might have some subtle oversights with other things in life :laugh:
    Don't believe him. He is still struggling with the concept that Toby wasn't brought in to be a 3rd down back but a guy who can spell AD at times.

During the discussion he said Toby was big and slow and I retorted with Toby's 40 times vs AD's 40 times and that AD's weren't that much different than Toby's.

Toby
    4.47 Low - 4.62 High
    AD
    4.37 Low - 4.42 High

If you weren't bringing up the stat to try and make a point, then what was the point of bringing it up?
    What?

Just like the whole "Scrimage" discussion. You didn't like Toby as a third down back. I agree'd but said he wasn't brought in to be a third down back. I said he was brought in to spell AD or start when he couldn't go.

You then said he was to slow to start and I put up the stats. How is that anyway like having chicken fingers for lunch.
    You bring up the stats to a) try and point out that he isn't slow, or b) add nothing of value to the conversation.

which is it? You said that you weren't trying to say he's almost as fast as AP, so what alternative is there?
    You have to go back to the whole reason behind the discussion. You said that Toby was brought in to be a 3rd down back when in fact he wasn't.

I then said that he was brought in to be a relief/starter for AD when he couldn't go or needed reps off.

You then said he wasn't fast enough.

See if you can figure it out from there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104097

Toby
    4.47 Low - 4.62 High
    AD
    4.37 Low - 4.42 High

What?

You have to go back to the whole reason behind the discussion. You said that Toby was brought in to be a 3rd down back when in fact he wasn't.
    Again, misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I never said he was brought in to be a 3rd down back, however, he was being used on third downs that way. I was simply stating he doesn't have the skillset for it, and is better used as a change of pace back. (which is why we brought in Lorenzo imo)

And I stand by that. He's not quick enough to be much of a receiving threat other than being wide open because the D chose not to cover him. He's not a guy who's going to get you 3rd and 6 on the ground. He's not overly big, not a super powerful runner, and he's not fast enough to make you pay if you give him room.

But mostly, my comments about his speed have no specific point, simply stating the obvious. When the guy runs, I'm fairly sure the Continental drift is overtaking him.

in short, he's very, very average at best. You, of course spin it to make it seem like like I thought we were drafting him as a 3rd down back, which I never did.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104101
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104097

Toby
    4.47 Low - 4.62 High
    AD
    4.37 Low - 4.42 High

What?

Again, misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I never said he was brought in to be a 3rd down back, however, he was being used on third downs that way. I was simply stating he doesn't have the skillset for it, and is better used as a change of pace back. (which is why we brought in Lorenzo imo)

And I stand by that. He's not quick enough to be much of a receiving threat other than being wide open because the D chose not to cover him. He's not a guy who's going to get you 3rd and 6 on the ground. He's not overly big, not a super powerful runner, and he's not fast enough to make you pay if you give him room.

But mostly, my comments about his speed have no specific point, simply stating the obvious. When the guy runs, I'm fairly sure the Continental drift is overtaking him.

in short, he's very, very average at best. You, of course spin it to make it seem like like I thought we were drafting him as a 3rd down back, which I never did.
    Maybe the title should read;
    Toby Gerhardt's speed throws Christian Ponder for a loop.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567