Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFL speed throws Christian Ponder for a loop

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103540
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1103517

And this is why signing a saavy veteran QB to start & for Ponder to sit a year & learn from that veteran is so vitally important to his success.
    I am not sure McNabb is what I would want in a mentor for a QB. His mechanics are terrible and he has no desire to change them. He is also very lethargic in practice IMHO. Webb, OTOH was right up front and ready to go all of the time, plus he was interacting with the WR's and showing leadership.

Marty would say( and I agree) that the QB coach and not some washed up vet, should be all a rookie QB needs to develop.

Starting Ponder would have been a mistake & had we went that route he'd be learning from Webb, who is learning himself or learning from Bomar, who has yet to take a snap in a NFL game.
    Quick question- Who was the experienced vet that Matt Ryan learned behind when Musgrave was developing him in Atlanta?
    ......you my friend......Crack me up......:woohoo:

For some reason the predominance of the posters on here seem to believe that the coaches only carry water and coffee to the players. Its the Vets who teach all the other players what needs to be done.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1103577
    Now now

Marr I believe pegged Tjack as one of the hottest FA QB out this year and he was the first signed, his first outing he had a pick,
    Are you actually following TJ over there in Seachickenville?

You crack me up my friend.

Actually, I never said he was going to be the hottest FA QB. I only bet our good friends EJ and Caine that they would admit that he was a good QB by the end of the season.

That he was the first QB signed and even the first FA signed was nothing more than me pointing those little facts out to them as they try to figure out if they buy me beer or if I buy them beer.

On a side note, gonna be fun to watch the Seachickens tomorrow night. By all accounts that team is looking pretty damn good on the offensive side of the ball were most teams offenses are behind the power curve a bit.

Again, thats what I've heard my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103628
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103617
    I guess we'll really only know on Saturday. First preseason game vs. the Titans. He'll be playign backups, so if he's as ready as you all claim he is, he should light these chumps up no problem.
    Apparently you are not really reading what I post.
    You will find that he does that alot. The worst part is, he keeps regurgitating those things over and over even though you keep trying to tell him he didn't understand what you said.

Not a big deal though. Atleast he is fun to talk football with.

On a side note, if throwing a kid to the wolves right away is going to permantly mess him up, letting him sit on the bench for 3 or 4 years only delays the inevitable.....

He doesn't have the mental make up to play the game and will always struggle because of it.

Ponder doesn't seem to fit that bill. He seems to not only have the skillset to eventually succeed in this league, it also seems that he will be able to deal with the stress (ups and downs) that come from playing QB at this level.

Again, I for one, don't have a problem if he winds up starting and takes a few weeks to get up to the speed of the game, especially if it looks like the team isn't going to go anyplace this year. Its natural and expected.

What I don't want to do is let him sit 4 or 5 years before getting a realistic shot at running the team only to find out that he isn't going to work out.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103928
    Now now

Marr I believe pegged Tjack as one of the hottest FA QB out this year and he was the first signed, his first outing he had a pick,

Actually, I never said he was going to be the hottest FA QB. I only bet our good friends EJ and Caine that they would admit that he was a good QB by the end of the season.

That he was the first QB signed and even the first FA signed was nothing more than me pointing those little facts out to them as they try to figure out if they buy me beer or if I buy them beer.

On a side note, gonna be fun to watch the Seachickens tomorrow night. By all accounts that team is looking pretty damn good on the offensive side of the ball were most teams offenses are behind the power curve a bit.

I live in the Pacific time zone and all our western US channel feeds are out of Seattle so I do get all chicken info...more than I really need

and I do try to keep it light hearted with a poke or two

after all this is the internet and serious stuff

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1103932
    Now now

I live in the Pacific time zone and all our western US channel feeds are out of Seattle so I do get all chicken info...more than I really need

Piss off.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103929
    The worst part is, he keeps regurgitating those things over and over even though you keep trying to tell him he didn't understand what you said.
    I have a feeling you practiced that line in front of a mirror so that you could really believe it.

Now now

Most of the stuff I've heard has been stuff on Sportspyder. Lots of good stuff about the OL, Running game and how well the TE's are doing mixed in with how happy everyone is over resigning Williams and getting Rice and how well they are doing.

Sounds like the guy running the offense has it under control and some beer is coming my way. :laugh:

I hear ya my friend. You've been around here long enough to know I can take a poke or two.

Its the ones who do it in a nasty way and mean it that usually get a rile out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103936
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103929
    The worst part is, he keeps regurgitating those things over and over even though you keep trying to tell him he didn't understand what you said.
    I have a feeling you practiced that line in front of a mirror so that you could really believe it.
    LOL, no, but thats damn funny. :laugh:

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103937
    Now now

Most of the stuff I've heard has been stuff on Sportspyder. Lots of good stuff about the OL, Running game and how well the TE's are doing mixed in with how happy everyone is over resigning Williams and getting Rice and how well they are doing.

Sounds like the guy running the offense has it under control and some beer is coming my way. :laugh:

I hear ya my friend. You've been around here long enough to know I can take a poke or two.

Its the ones who do it in a nasty way and mean it that usually get a rile out of me.
    Just remember camp speed < preseason game speed < regular season are all different

Tarvaris if I recall has always had good camps

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1103940
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103937
    Now now

Just remember camp speed < preseason game speed < regular season are all different

Tarvaris if I recall has always had good camps
    he struggles to remember that combine speed != game speed.

Remember, after all Toby is almost as fast as AP.....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast