Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    12 men on the field. We overcame most of those turnovers. LONGwell said he could of made it from 60 in that dome. I believe he could of made that kick. Fuck Tahi and Bieniemy. They both can get the fuck out of here. Props to Chilly for taking the blame. Now he should fix the problem and drop them both. The fumbles are part of the game. Well except for the botched hand off. 12 men on the field after a timeout is inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    5 turnovers is inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    Favre's last pass was inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    The Saints caused most of those turnovers by going after the ball. Favres last pass never happens if we don't have 12 men on the field. I see no embarrassment in good play by the Saints. I see embarrassment from lack of communication after a fucking timeout. That is unbelievable. We know Favre throws INTs and ill advised passes, we know Peterson fumbles the ball, and we know that the Saints are great at turning over the ball. Who would of thunk that we would fucked up after a timeout with 12 men on the field. It makes me sick and want to puke.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

marstc09 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    12 men on the field. We overcame most of those turnovers. LONGwell said he could of made it from 60 in that dome. I believe he could of made that kick. Fuck Tahi and Bieniemy. They both can get the fuck out of here. Props to Chilly for taking the blame. Now he should fix the problem and drop them both. The fumbles are part of the game. Well except for the botched hand off. 12 men on the field after a timeout is inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    5 turnovers is inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    Favre's last pass was inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    The Saints caused most of those turnovers by going after the ball. Favres last pass never happens if we don't have 12 men on the field. I see no embarrassment in good play by the Saints. I see embarrassment from lack of communication after a fucking timeout. That is unbelievable. We know Favre throws INTs and ill advised passes, we know Peterson fumbles the ball, and we know that the Saints are great at turning over the ball. Who would of thunk that we would fucked up after a timeout with 12 men on the field. It makes me sick and want to puke.
    Procedure penalties happen all the time, even after timeouts. It was only 5 yards. Would you feel better if it was a false start?
    To have your MVP QB lose his mind, forget whats going on, is inexcusable and embarrassing.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

The Vikings lost for a number of reasons; any one of them could have turned the tide their way. That does not mean the refs did not blow calls to the Saints favor more often than not.

The high/low hit on Favre was obvious, but so was the phantom PI in overtime. The bobbled ball was ruled incomplete for Vikings under the hood a few times in the past few seasons, so it should have been incomplete for the Saints.

The Vikings turned the ball over and made stupid mistakes, but they still could have won the game with some better officiating. To ignore that is to ignore part of the game.

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

Moviefan2247 wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/27/pereira-talks-about-controversial-calls-in-saints-vikings-overtime/

WOW is all I can say. Vikings were robbed! Can't believe this happened, what a bunch of a**holes!

Really hope these refs get fired but I highly doubt it.
    Oh, my God, how heart-breaking.

I have been talking about this call since Sunday and friends have gotten mad at me. "Oh, just drop it. Who cares?!" Well, I do--and so does everyone here, plus the Vikings.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

No team in the NFL deserves to win with 5 turnovers. The refs did not cheat us out of this one. Nearly half of our possessions we kicked ourselves so hard that our balls dropped.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Purple Mk1 is offline Rookie

Totally agree that it was the fact that they lost because they couldn't hold onto the ball and no one could count (to 12) coming out of a time out at the end of the game.

One thing to point out, the Vikings were driving and Favre's first interception came on the play with the high/low penalty the NFL now says the refs missed. If that is called, there is no interception and the Vikings retain the ball with a first down on the Saints 21. Of course, the way things were going, somebody would have probably fumbled the ball away on the 1 just before crossing the goal line to take the lead.

Peterson08 is offline Rookie

Special teams make a huge play before the half and Farve/AP cant execute a simple handoff. Saints had to be escatic going into half tied.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Minniman wrote:
    The Vikings lost for a number of reasons; any one of them could have turned the tide their way. That does not mean the refs did not blow calls to the Saints favor more often than not.

The high/low hit on Favre was obvious, but so was the phantom PI in overtime. The bobbled ball was ruled incomplete for Vikings under the hood a few times in the past few seasons, so it should have been incomplete for the Saints.

The Vikings turned the ball over and made stupid mistakes, but they still could have won the game with some better officiating. To ignore that is to ignore part of the game.
    that "bobbled ball" was caught before it hit the ground.

It wasn't moving, it was pinned against Meachem's leg. Good catch. Just like the David Tyree catch in the superbowl. It wasn't moving, therefore posession was established, and it touched the ground after posession was established, but never lost posession. Thats a catch.

We need to stop whining about calls that may or may not be wrong and focus on not losing games on our own. There were 10 other reasons we lost that game, none of them are blown calls by the referees.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Interesting.. Too bad I refuse to give PFT any more hits..
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I blame Fran Tarkenton for ripping on the Favre acquisition in the beginning of the season.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast