Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 96
  1. #11
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    KevinK wrote:
    It was obvious to me the better team didnt win the game.

    It was also obvious the more disciplined team won the game.

    Five turnovers. ENOUGH SAID!
    To me, discipline is reflected in penalties, or lack there of, not turn overs. In that regard, the Vikings did exceptionally well given they were playing on the road in what is a very loud stadium. I was proud of the players in that regard...

    To me, turn overs are flukey... DBs don't make every INT they should, not even close... Favre through 2 interceptable balls, both were picked... I don't think another 1 was even close to being picked but the 2 bad throws that were made were both intercepted. For that to happen is flukey, it's luck... defenses are not expected to operate at that efficiency. Look at ours... Leber dropped an interceptable pass during the game... TJohn short armed a gift INT in OT... they were 2/2... we were 0/2... that's just the way the ball bounces.

    Even the fumbles... sure, the Saints were trying to cause fumbles so they get credit but I bet if you looked at the percentage of tackles where they were actively trying to cause fumbles, the success rate during the Vikes game was abnormally high. Again, not because the Vikings were necessarily doing something wrong, but just cause it's a statistical anamoly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... that day... that game... it seemed like everything worked for them in terms of turn overs...

    Heck, look at the Pierre Thomas 4th down jump... Leber put his hat RIGHT on the ball and moved it almost a foot in Thomas's hands... I'd bet more times then not, by a far majority, that results in a fumble... for whatever reason, some how, some way... Thomas held on.

    Maybe it was all Karma for the late TD versus the 'Boys... maybe it was destiny for the Saints and it was meant to be for them in the SB... lets stop looking for a scapegoat and simply admit, shit happens. And sometimes that shit will allow the inferior team to gain a victory.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    WTF? I didn't help you with your little "I can't log on to PPO waaaaaaaaaaa" problem so you could come back here and make a lot of sense. Stop that right now.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    I'm not at peace with the Vikings mistakes and not at peace with the refs mistakes either. I blame both parties.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    WTF? I didn't help you with your little "I can't log on to PPO waaaaaaaaaaa" problem so you could come back here and make a lot of sense. Stop that right now.

    =Z=
    LOL. Sorry, I'll let the irrational posts take over again..

    (And for the record it was a "I can't log on to PPO G*DD****T M********K" problem. I wasn't crying like a baby who lost his paci - I was swearing like a herion addict that couldn't get his fix.)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    Good article, explained alot.
    I'll bookmark this for the 101 times it comes up in the offseason.

  6. #16
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    ultravikingfan wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    +1

    +2.

    I won't blame the refs for losing this game, regardless of how bad 2 of the calls (or non-calls) were.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  7. #17
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    The refs didn't lose us the game, they didn't help but they didn't lose it. We had our chances to secure things earlier in the game, still thats the way it goes.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  8. #18
    TARKenton's Avatar
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    If we hadn't turned the ball over 5 times, we would have dropped 45+ on their cajun butts.

    The Vikings gift wrapped and handed that one to NO on a silver platter.

    The calls don't matter when a team continually shoots their selves in the foot.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

  9. #19
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    12 men on the field. We overcame most of those turnovers. LONGwell said he could of made it from 60 in that dome. I believe he could of made that kick. Fuck Tahi and Bieniemy. They both can get the fuck out of here. Props to Chilly for taking the blame. Now he should fix the problem and drop them both. The fumbles are part of the game. Well except for the botched hand off. 12 men on the field after a timeout is inexcusable and downright embarrassing.

  10. #20
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    12 men on the field. We overcame most of those turnovers. LONGwell said he could of made it from 60 in that dome. I believe he could of made that kick. Fuck Tahi and Bieniemy. They both can get the fuck out of here. Props to Chilly for taking the blame. Now he should fix the problem and drop them both. The fumbles are part of the game. Well except for the botched hand off. 12 men on the field after a timeout is inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    5 turnovers is inexcusable and downright embarrassing.
    Favre's last pass was inexcusable and downright embarrassing.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Refs for Vikings/Green Bay Games
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
  2. Just another way to get screwed
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
  3. Did I get E-Screwed?
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. Vikings' picks...Bono has to admit it...
    By bono in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 05:52 PM
  5. The refs lost the Vikings the game!!!!
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 03:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •