Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Moviefan2247 is offline Waterboy

NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/27/pereira-talks-about-controversial-calls-in-saints-vikings-overtime/

WOW is all I can say. Vikings were robbed! Can't believe this happened, what a bunch of a**holes!

Really hope these refs get fired but I highly doubt it.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

Blah blah blah

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

So the only questionable call they have was not throwing the flag on the high/low hit? BS. Anyone that looked at the replay knows meachams catch wasnt a catch and Thomas never had control of the ball for first down. Throw the dam replay out of the game. Refs are too stupid to use it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sorry CC, Meacham's catch was good, and Thomas had control and forward progress on the first down. Just because the ball was moved by a helmut, he never lost control.

They admitted they missed a penalty. They did. They also gave us gifts to keep a drive or two alive for us, eh?

Intellectual honesty is hard, CC, but you should try it.

How about we just play better so these don't matter? Save your incessant babbling for the 12 man, and two fumbles in the red zone. More then enough points there to make these stupid little arguments moot.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

+1

Flidais is offline Rookie

NodakPaul wrote:

I'm not going to argue as to why we lost the game. We lost it with turnovers. The calling didn't help, but we shouldn't have been in a situation where it mattered.

That said, there were a lot of questionable calls this year for all the teams out there. I can't think of a single game I personally watched this year, regardless of who was playing, that didn't have a handful of calls that raised my eyebrows.

The referees have the power to completely change games with their calls and I don't think I have faith in this particular set of referees any longer.

Perhaps instead of focusing on our particular team, our time might be better spent urging the NFL to better train and pay (moving from part time to full time) referees. With all that money the NFL rakes in every year, I would think ensuring your referees weren't incompetent boobs would be a good investment.

Games like this one tend to lose fans/viewers and there were too many fans out there this year with reasonable gripes.

Peterson08 is offline Rookie

U right Nodak, we score on those red zone possesssions and keep those other drives alive, we would have been kneeling down in the 4th.But since guys dont know how to hold on to the ball , that allowed all those bs calls, 12 man, all come into play.

KevinK is offline Starter

It was obvious to me the better team didnt win the game.

It was also obvious the more disciplined team won the game.

Five turnovers. ENOUGH SAID!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Flidais wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

I'm not going to argue as to why we lost the game. We lost it with turnovers. The calling didn't help, but we shouldn't have been in a situation where it mattered.

That said, there were a lot of questionable calls this year for all the teams out there. I can't think of a single game I personally watched this year, regardless of who was playing, that didn't have a handful of calls that raised my eyebrows.

The referees have the power to completely change games with their calls and I don't think I have faith in this particular set of referees any longer.

Perhaps instead of focusing on our particular team, our time might be better spent urging the NFL to better train and pay (moving from part time to full time) referees. With all that money the NFL rakes in every year, I would think ensuring your referees weren't incompetent boobs would be a good investment.

Games like this one tend to lose fans/viewers and there were too many fans out there this year with reasonable gripes.
    No disagreement here. I have been a proponent of full time refs for a long time now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast