Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96
  1. #1
    Moviefan2247's Avatar
    Moviefan2247 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8

    NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/27/pereira-talks-about-controversial-calls-in-saints-vikings-overtime/

    WOW is all I can say. Vikings were robbed! Can't believe this happened, what a bunch of a**holes!

    Really hope these refs get fired but I highly doubt it.

  2. #2
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    Blah blah blah

  3. #3
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    So the only questionable call they have was not throwing the flag on the high/low hit? BS. Anyone that looked at the replay knows meachams catch wasnt a catch and Thomas never had control of the ball for first down. Throw the dam replay out of the game. Refs are too stupid to use it.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    Sorry CC, Meacham's catch was good, and Thomas had control and forward progress on the first down. Just because the ball was moved by a helmut, he never lost control.

    They admitted they missed a penalty. They did. They also gave us gifts to keep a drive or two alive for us, eh?

    Intellectual honesty is hard, CC, but you should try it.

    How about we just play better so these don't matter? Save your incessant babbling for the 12 man, and two fumbles in the red zone. More then enough points there to make these stupid little arguments moot.

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    +1

  7. #7
    Flidais is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    97

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    I'm not going to argue as to why we lost the game. We lost it with turnovers. The calling didn't help, but we shouldn't have been in a situation where it mattered.

    That said, there were a lot of questionable calls this year for all the teams out there. I can't think of a single game I personally watched this year, regardless of who was playing, that didn't have a handful of calls that raised my eyebrows.

    The referees have the power to completely change games with their calls and I don't think I have faith in this particular set of referees any longer.

    Perhaps instead of focusing on our particular team, our time might be better spent urging the NFL to better train and pay (moving from part time to full time) referees. With all that money the NFL rakes in every year, I would think ensuring your referees weren't incompetent boobs would be a good investment.

    Games like this one tend to lose fans/viewers and there were too many fans out there this year with reasonable gripes.

  8. #8
    Peterson08 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    54

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    U right Nodak, we score on those red zone possesssions and keep those other drives alive, we would have been kneeling down in the 4th.But since guys dont know how to hold on to the ball , that allowed all those bs calls, 12 man, all come into play.

  9. #9
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    It was obvious to me the better team didnt win the game.

    It was also obvious the more disciplined team won the game.

    Five turnovers. ENOUGH SAID!

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:NFL/refs admit they screwed Favre/Vikings

    Flidais wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    There were questionable calls, but once again let's point out that we didn't lose the game because of questionable calls.

    We lost the game because we turned the ball over 5 times.
    I'm not going to argue as to why we lost the game. We lost it with turnovers. The calling didn't help, but we shouldn't have been in a situation where it mattered.

    That said, there were a lot of questionable calls this year for all the teams out there. I can't think of a single game I personally watched this year, regardless of who was playing, that didn't have a handful of calls that raised my eyebrows.

    The referees have the power to completely change games with their calls and I don't think I have faith in this particular set of referees any longer.

    Perhaps instead of focusing on our particular team, our time might be better spent urging the NFL to better train and pay (moving from part time to full time) referees. With all that money the NFL rakes in every year, I would think ensuring your referees weren't incompetent boobs would be a good investment.

    Games like this one tend to lose fans/viewers and there were too many fans out there this year with reasonable gripes.
    No disagreement here. I have been a proponent of full time refs for a long time now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Refs for Vikings/Green Bay Games
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
  2. Just another way to get screwed
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
  3. Did I get E-Screwed?
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. Vikings' picks...Bono has to admit it...
    By bono in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 05:52 PM
  5. The refs lost the Vikings the game!!!!
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 03:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •