Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NFL overtime

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re:NFL overtime

Tad7 wrote:
    If they did make a change in the NFL I'd like to see it be the first team to score 6 points.
    Now that makes sense. It would make teams move the length of the field, and actually go for touchdowns, instead of leaving it in the hands of kickers.

Would you feel comfortable with just a field goal if a good offense is going to follow you?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SKOL wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    If they did make a change in the NFL I'd like to see it be the first team to score 6 points.
    Now that makes sense. It would make teams move the length of the field, and actually go for touchdowns, instead of leaving it in the hands of kickers.

Would you feel comfortable with just a field goal if a good offense is going to follow you?
    I must say I actually like that idea a lot.

Still tag 15 minutes on though and if still tied it is a tie or if one team scores 3 and the other 0, they win.

I like it definitely.
    None

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Prophet wrote:
    p.s. as long as i'm bitching, wtf is the point of having instant replays when they don't work much of the time? How the hell can I see 6 different angles in super slow mo, take a piss, make a sandwich, get a beer, and then have the highly trained refs who get paid to analyze the tape concentrate on nothing but that and still get the call wrong? It should never be wrong on an instant replay. I'm for instituting the death penalty on bad calls reviewed on instant replay. I mean this is the 21st century, i can take a picture of a the inside of a vacuole and you can't get a call right on a football field with high definition super slow mo multiple angles when that is what you're trained to do? wtf?
    I've decided that they can't get it right because their whole approach to a review is flawed. They're looking for evidence to see if a call should be reversed rather than just making the call themselves. If they had an unbiased approach they'd get more right. jmo

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567