Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFL Network: Shiancoe Talks Favre, More

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090279
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1090254
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090249
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090121
    So I noticed you conveniently side stepped the question about whether TJ was mentoring Webb or whether he should have been mentoring Webb?

Just askin......
    Why is this important to you? In the end, coaches coach, players play. If your starter is spending time "Mentoring/Teaching" the younger guys, he isn't getting himself ready to play.

Maybe thats why he sucked so bad last year. He was "Mentoring Webb". LOL

(Now I'm cracking myself up")
    The Chiller (QB guru) might not have allowed it.

Afterall he wanted a QB that did exactly what he scripted him to do. Never mind the look the defense gives, he wanted HIS play executed as called in. There was very little allowance for audibling. Farve though, did it anyway, which pissed off Childress.
    I actually don't think the Chiller restricted TJ as much as most of us think.

Truth of the matter is, there was a few articles in 2008 were he talked about audibles and plays and players understanding the "Lines" first before they could deviate on their own off the "Lines".
    well, he wouln't even let Brad Johnson audible when he was here. I
    think Brad new more about NFL offenses and defenses than anyone on chilly's staff, including baldy, at that time
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1090281
    So I noticed you conveniently side stepped the question about whether TJ was mentoring Webb or whether he should have been mentoring Webb?

Just askin......
    Why is this important to you? In the end, coaches coach, players play. If your starter is spending time "Mentoring/Teaching" the younger guys, he isn't getting himself ready to play.

Afterall he wanted a QB that did exactly what he scripted him to do. Never mind the look the defense gives, he wanted HIS play executed as called in. There was very little allowance for audibling. Farve though, did it anyway, which pissed off Childress.

Truth of the matter is, there was a few articles in 2008 were he talked about audibles and plays and players understanding the "Lines" first before they could deviate on their own off the "Lines".
    think Brad new more about NFL offenses and defenses than anyone on chilly's staff, including baldy, at that time
    You have to remember why he wouldn't. He wanted the team to learn the "Lines" first. To do that, the players needed to run the plays that were called in.

Brad kept audibling out of alot of the plays that required a pass that his arm couldn't make.

I need to go pull that thread, or atleast see if I can find the article again. Basically, he wanted them to follow everything strictly to the letter so that they could learn from their mistakes. If they didn't make the mistakes, they couldn't learn kindof rationale.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090287

Just askin......

You have to remember why he wouldn't. He wanted the team to learn the "Lines" first. To do that, the players needed to run the plays that were called in.

Brad kept audibling out of alot of the plays that required a pass that his arm couldn't make.

I need to go pull that thread, or atleast see if I can find the article again. Basically, he wanted them to follow everything strictly to the letter so that they could learn from their mistakes. If they didn't make the mistakes, they couldn't learn kindof rationale.
    I don't remember Brad audibling much at all. I remember reading at the time he was not happy with the situation with Chilly not allowing audibles. That was when my disdain for Childress was at it's peak. We had a QB that had a great ability to read/react to defenses yet did not allow him to do so.

BTW, you still have the yelll, or did the firewall settings reset
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1090291
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090287

Just askin......

I don't remember Brad audibling much at all. I remember reading at the time he was not happy with the situation with Chilly not allowing audibles. That was when my disdain for Childress was at it's peak. We had a QB that had a great ability to read/react to defenses yet did not allow him to do so.

BTW, you still have the yelll, or did the firewall settings reset
    Naw, the yell is still working. I just haven't had time to chat in it. Getting ready to go home and watch the combine stuff. Looks like the DL are looking good.

Back to Brad. He didn't start restricting him until sometime past mid season when he really started to get frustrated with him.

If memory serves, it was 4 or 5 games before TJ took over that it all started to boil out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567