Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFL Network: Shiancoe Talks Favre, More

Damn firewall. Someone watch this and tell me what he says. If not, I will catch it at home.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: NFL Network: Shiancoe Talks Favre, More

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089713
    Damn firewall. Someone watch this and tell me what he says. If not, I will catch it at home.
    In a nutshell he said Childress sucks and TJ should have never been handed the starting Qb job without a competent veteran to challenge him.:evil:

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089716
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089713
    In a nutshell he said Childress sucks and TJ should have never been handed the starting Qb job without a competent veteran to challenge him.:evil:
    LOL.

Blog Entries

Actually he didn't mention TJ at all but he did give Webb a pretty good endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089718
    Actually he didn't mention TJ at all but he did give Webb a pretty good endorsement.
    I hope the Vikes extend Shanc. We need his "character"/"Attitude" on the field.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Taking notes as I go:

Lack of fundamentals. "Good teams start from the bottom up." Got away from what we're good at.

Favre not really a distraction, but contributed to the totality of the distractions. Favre/training camp laid the foundation for the week to week - Favre, Moss, Chilly, the stadium etc.

Favre's a prankster.

Hard to not have a real homefield advantage, but thinks the league and organization did a good job of transitioning.

Thinks Frazier has a good feel for what the team thinks and feels. Thinks having a guy who's played before makes a big difference especially when camp rolls around.

If it was up to Shiancoe the Vikings would bring in someone to lead/tutor Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089723
    Taking notes as I go:

Lack of fundamentals. "Good teams start from the bottom up." Got away from what we're good at.

Favre not really a distraction, but contributed to the totality of the distractions. Favre/training camp laid the foundation for the week to week - Favre, Moss, Chilly, the stadium etc.

Favre's a prankster.

Hard to not have a real homefield advantage, but thinks the league and organization did a good job of transitioning.

Thinks Frazier has a good feel for what the team thinks and feels. Thinks having a guy who's played before makes a big difference especially when camp rolls around.

If it was up to Shiancoe the Vikings would bring in someone to lead/tutor Webb.
    Thanks my friend.

The last point is a good one. I really think thats what hurt TJ the most was that he really never (except for the first year with Brad) had a Qb that could run the scheme the way the Chiller wanted it run.

In 2009 the Noodle fixed that. With respect to Webb, I just don't see anybody out there that can be that guy. Hopefully Joe watched the Noodle and the staff can use the tape they have from the 2009 season as a primary learning aid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089725
    I really think thats what hurt TJ the most was that he really never (except for the first year with Brad) had a Qb that could run the scheme the way the Chiller wanted it run.

I know this is going to be hard to get your head around but sometimes in a fluid league with finite time and resources it becomes helpful to run the scheme in a way that compliments your QB's abilities rather than forcing them to conform to some wet dream you came up with in the 3rd stall of the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089726
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089725
    I really think thats what hurt TJ the most was that he really never (except for the first year with Brad) had a Qb that could run the scheme the way the Chiller wanted it run.

I know this is going to be hard to get your head around but sometimes in a fluid league with finite time and resources it becomes helpful to run the scheme in a way that compliments your QB's abilities rather than forcing them to conform to some wet dream you came up with in the 3rd stall of the locker room.
    You sure have been a bit insulting lately with your replies. No worries, I will over look it, again.

Anyway, the bigger question then begs, why do you have a QB on your roster who's abilities don't fit the scheme?

Absolutely makes no sense that the staff would go out and bring a guy in who didn't fit the scheme. That would mean that (say you have 25 players on offense and the other 24 do fit the scheme) 24 players would have to change to accomodate 1.

Yup, your right, thats pretty hard for me to get my head around. Probably cause it makes no sense.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast