Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: NFL Network Playbook: T-Jack or Favre?

I'm usually trying to be funny.

I dream of being as funny as Marrdro!

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1082656
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082451
    Yeah, last year Favre made a bunch of those bad throws that "El Syd" turned into "hell of a" throws.

Face it, the best that can be said of TJ is that he deserves a fair chance.

(I'm not sure starting out against the Giants can be called fair, but I think that's what he's going to get.)

The second TD throw was a great throw. Nowhere's close to a bad throw.

Watch it again.

www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010120500/2010/R...ls@vikings#tab:watch

Jackson throws it where he needs to to make the play. That is to the outside. It was a great throw by Jackson. There's a beautiful shot of it from behind. The ball passes just beyond the outstretched finger tips of the defender. If that ball is thrown any more inside than what it is, it's a knock down or INT.

Beautiful throw & beautiful catch.

I love videotape.

And pictures......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Putting it where it needs to be. So many times I have used that with Favre. The haters just laughed. My how the tables have turned. I am soooo loving this! Mr. Double standard strikes again.

It is rather entertaining.

Hated to see Favre get hurt, but didn't TJ's performance bring out a lot of interesting drivel?

Can't beat it!! Could never make up some of the stuff that the Favre-haters have given as a gift.

By the way, and to the other point, the second pass was nice.

But.....as I have previously stated, many passes to Rice will be in traffic and that's because he's not fast or elusive and will draw coverage.

His talent is getting up for a ball at exactly the right time and coming down with it, even in a crowd.
    --John Wooden

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082447
    NFL Network Playbook: T-Jack or Favre?

Saw this at home. Hope you can see it at work. If its the one I think it is, Mayock agrees with me, especially on the throw to El Syd for he second TD.

As I said, TJ extended the play (originally designed for the TE) and made a hell of a throw to El Syd.:P
    Mayock went to training camp a few years back and proclaimed Aundre Allison was going to have a breakout year.So him agreeing with anything you believe should be taken with a grain of salt.:P

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082701
    Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1082632
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082453
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082451
    Yeah, last year Favre made a bunch of those bad throws that "El Syd" turned into "hell of a" throws.

Face it, the best that can be said of TJ is that he deserves a fair chance.

(I'm not sure starting out against the Giants can be called fair, but I think that's what he's going to get.)

He will get a chance, but it won't be to start. I know it might pop your bubble a bit but he will start and he will try to run the offense.

On a side note, that chance is all that most of us want for TJ so that we, the fans, can make a decision based on field play.
    We as fans get decision making powers on the team? Wow, I did not know that. I thought that fell into the laps of people such as coaches, GM's, owners, etc.

Who do I call or write to let the team know what I would like to see done this weekend? I am pumped. Now I get to play with a real time, not my crappy fantasy ones.

(Just messing with you Marrdro...I knew where you were going)
    I know my friend. Besides, you know I've been trying to get my foot in the door up there at Winter Park/Eden Prairie for years.

To date, only the PR guy responds to my attempts and I don't think he really takes me serious other than I got alot of signed stuff for one of our posters going through a tough time once. B)
    You want me to pull some strings for you? I can see what I can do.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082730
    It is rather entertaining.

Hated to see Favre get hurt, but didn't TJ's performance bring out a lot of interesting drivel?

Can't beat it!! Could never make up some of the stuff that the Favre-haters have given as a gift.

By the way, and to the other point, the second pass was nice.

But.....as I have previously stated, many passes to Rice will be in traffic and that's because he's not fast or elusive and will draw coverage.

His talent is getting up for a ball at exactly the right time and coming down with it, even in a crowd.
    So let me get this straight.

A QB will have to throw balls to him in areas most QB's (or fans) would think a throw is warranted?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Makes one wonder a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1082793
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082447
    NFL Network Playbook: T-Jack or Favre?

Saw this at home. Hope you can see it at work. If its the one I think it is, Mayock agrees with me, especially on the throw to El Syd for he second TD.

As I said, TJ extended the play (originally designed for the TE) and made a hell of a throw to El Syd.:P
    Mayock went to training camp a few years back and proclaimed Aundre Allison was going to have a breakout year.So him agreeing with anything you believe should be taken with a grain of salt.:P
    In Mayocks defense, alot of scouts/talent evaluators believed the same thing.

To bad none of them had the foresight to see how is attitude would play into the whole process.

My guess, even though AA was one of the most talented recievers coming out in that draft, his attitude and possibility of it interfering with his eventual career in the NFL was why he went so low.

Still doesn't mean he wasn't talented. Just meant he was to stupid to overcome that one little flaw.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1082796
    You want me to pull some strings for you? I can see what I can do.
    PLEASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOO. I just want one day in the draft room as they finalize the board so I can compare mine to thiers.

Heck, it doesn't even have to be the Vikes. Any teams warroom will do.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

As we can see........it simply doesn't matter who starts, with an OLINE that can't block worth a shyte.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Ah, Freya.....one of the few voices of reason here.

Tom Brady couldn't win with our O-Line.
    --John Wooden

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123