Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFL Network Playbook: T-Jack or Favre?

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1082495
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082447
    NFL Network Playbook: T-Jack or Favre?

Saw this at home. Hope you can see it at work. If its the one I think it is, Mayock agrees with me, especially on the throw to El Syd for he second TD.

As I said, TJ extended the play (originally designed for the TE) and made a hell of a throw to El Syd.:P
    It was a great throw and a great catch.
    Agree.

Still say our FO pukes screwed the pooch by not resigning him going into this year. If they would have, he would have had the surgery along time ago and would have been ready.

And then........We wouldn't have had to watch the Noodle flounder around throwing the ball all over the place without El Syd catching them for him.

By the way, thats Marrdroese for "making the Noodle look good".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082465
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1082454

Saw this at home. Hope you can see it at work. If its the one I think it is, Mayock agrees with me, especially on the throw to El Syd for he second TD.

As I said, TJ extended the play (originally designed for the TE) and made a hell of a throw to El Syd.:P
    Who is saying that throw was not good? :blink:
    Caine.
    What's really funny is that throw was like a lot of the throws Favre made last year that we all raved about.....hmmmm slightly under thrown Sid makes a great catch.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "thorshammer" #1082628
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082465
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1082454

Who is saying that throw was not good? :blink:
    Caine.
    What's really funny is that throw was like a lot of the throws Favre made last year that we all raved about.....hmmmm slightly under thrown Sid makes a great catch.

That went both ways last year
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Gosh.....if it was underthrown......by definition, he wouldn't have been able to get his hands on it.

It might have been ALMOST underthrown.....but it surely wasn't underthrown, because Rice caught it.

(Simple English language stuff.)

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082630
    Gosh.....if it was underthrown......by definition, he wouldn't have been able to get his hands on it.

It might have been ALMOST underthrown.....but it surely wasn't underthrown, because Rice caught it.

oh. my. god. we aren't going down this road again are we? not gonna bait me with your idiocracy infidel. no 50 page debate about dictionary.com
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082453
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082451
    Yeah, last year Favre made a bunch of those bad throws that "El Syd" turned into "hell of a" throws.

Face it, the best that can be said of TJ is that he deserves a fair chance.

(I'm not sure starting out against the Giants can be called fair, but I think that's what he's going to get.)

He will get a chance, but it won't be to start. I know it might pop your bubble a bit but he will start and he will try to run the offense.

On a side note, that chance is all that most of us want for TJ so that we, the fans, can make a decision based on field play.
    We as fans get decision making powers on the team? Wow, I did not know that. I thought that fell into the laps of people such as coaches, GM's, owners, etc.

Who do I call or write to let the team know what I would like to see done this weekend? I am pumped. Now I get to play with a real time, not my crappy fantasy ones.

(Just messing with you Marrdro...I knew where you were going)

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Naw......just keeping things honest here.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Yeah, last year Favre made a bunch of those bad throws that "El Syd" turned into "hell of a" throws.

(I'm not sure starting out against the Giants can be called fair, but I think that's what he's going to get.)

The second TD throw was a great throw. Nowhere's close to a bad throw.

Watch it again.

www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010120500/2010/R...ls@vikings#tab:watch

Jackson throws it where he needs to to make the play. That is to the outside. It was a great throw by Jackson. There's a beautiful shot of it from behind. The ball passes just beyond the outstretched finger tips of the defender. If that ball is thrown any more inside than what it is, it's a knock down or INT.

Beautiful throw & beautiful catch.

I love videotape.

And pictures......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1082632
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082453

He will get a chance, but it won't be to start. I know it might pop your bubble a bit but he will start and he will try to run the offense.

On a side note, that chance is all that most of us want for TJ so that we, the fans, can make a decision based on field play.
    We as fans get decision making powers on the team? Wow, I did not know that. I thought that fell into the laps of people such as coaches, GM's, owners, etc.

Who do I call or write to let the team know what I would like to see done this weekend? I am pumped. Now I get to play with a real time, not my crappy fantasy ones.

(Just messing with you Marrdro...I knew where you were going)
    I know my friend. Besides, you know I've been trying to get my foot in the door up there at Winter Park/Eden Prairie for years.

To date, only the PR guy responds to my attempts and I don't think he really takes me serious other than I got alot of signed stuff for one of our posters going through a tough time once. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1082631
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082630

oh. my. god. we aren't going down this road again are we? not gonna bait me with your idiocracy infidel. no 50 page debate about dictionary.com
    Go easy my friend. I actually think our good friend the Infidel was trying to make a funny back at my lame attempt at humor (Marrdroese).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast