Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    KFANreporter is offline Training Camp

NFL Insider Information: update on viking issues

NFL Information on Minnesota Vikings,

The views of Plexico Burress has taken a turn for the worse. Reports published to all NFL teams, is that Plaxico Burress was offered a 5 year deal and when the Vikings denied. The Plax camp came upset and left town.

THAT IS FALSE- The latest is that Plaxico Burress was offered a deal from the Vikings mid afternoon Friday. Burress and his managing staff said they will tell the Vikings sometime over the weekend. Surprising, Burress was seen late last night taking a flight to Milwaukee, and latest reports suggest he rented a vehicle and he and his agent drove to Green Bay to meet with Mike Sherman, and Ted Thompson early this morning. His other staff are still in Milwaukee, so that could mean he will either listen to the Green Bay staff, and sign, or drive back to Milwaukee and take the Vikings offer.

Reports he went to Chicago, are false.

Darren Sharper met with Viking players late last night, and will meet with Mike Tice first thing Saturday. The Vikings feel that Sharper will for sure sign with the club, and it's just a matter of the length of contract.

---------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTICE-

There has been some suggestions, that our information on the NFL, and the Vikings are lies, and causing a distraction.

To let ALL of the members know, is that I DO NOT WORK for the NFL information committee. I am relaying reports that are sent to a reliable source.

I am the same person who was on the KFAN early this week, and I am the same person Steve Cohem mentioned 2 weeks ago about the Pat Williams deal.

I feed information to teams that have been reported on, as well when the local groups contact us, we sometimes do radio appearances, or use our partners.

This information has all been sent to sports information groups, that are copy registered to ESPN, and SI GPC.

For those who sent me email, or called, and left messages. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!

I will not reply. I work for a sports managment firm, and I do not have permission to relay messages, and my employees do not as well. WE DO NOT RETURN CALLS!

Thank you, and you have been informed.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

I must say, as politely as I can, that this guy is a crazy b.s. master. No way Green Bay would be looking at Plax. 1) We have great recievers already. 2) We have no money to sign him.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

coreyd is offline Coach

Well with that said, I think I am going to put my trust in your info, but I have one suggestion. If you want to feed us info, dont post 3 or 4 messages at once. That will make people in here think that you are full of $(%*.

Now, the latest that I have heard is that Plax plans on firing his agent becasue of his lack of ability to get him signed anywhere. What is your take on that?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Also, why then did you state yesterday that Plax "Was Signed".......

And I just read, Plax is already in Philly......Not Milwaukee

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

KFANreporter is offline Training Camp

Plaxico Burress agent is Michael Harrison. I heard that rumour just about 1 hour ago. And KFAN Reporter told me that he heard the same thing, but at this time, all i heard is that Plax was given wrong information by league sources that his agent screwed up on the Giant offer.

I doubt it would happen, because if he took the Giants offer or another offer we don't know about, the agent would file a lawsuit agasint agent rights of the NAS board. I heard the Rosens were interested.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

yeahhhhh. Well, since *my sources* haha say he's considering Philly but don't mention considerations of GB or where he really is right now. The cloak and dagger, oh its killing me. *eyes roll*
    Although I buy he might fire his agent. LOL

HE's just trading in rumors, no more, no less. His insider apparently smokes da chronic and is having fun with him. KFAN Reporter = IowaViking Most "insider information" is just that...rumor and speculation, so you have to take it for what it is. Half the stuff you all hear on the radio is based on the same stuff...rumor and speculation called insider information. So whether its here from this guy or on the dial, its still speculation. Only the agent and the team truly know the deal.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

The views of Plexico Burress has taken a turn for the worse. Reports published to all NFL teams, is that Plaxico Burress was offered a 5 year deal and when the Vikings denied. The Plax camp came upset and left town
    I would of thought that in such a reliable report they would at least spell the name right.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That being said, I'd like to think we still might get Plax for a year deal at least. Why not give him a whirl? He's got the skills.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

The stench of BS. You can't always be too quick to judge.. but much of what this guy has been posting didn't sound believable from the get go.

coreyd is offline Coach

"webmaster" wrote:
    That being said, I'd like to think we still might get Plax for a year deal at least. Why not give him a whirl? He's got the skills.
    My question is, why not give him a longer contract? Some have said that we might go after Williams even if we sign Plax, but in that case it is pointless to sign Burress in my opinion. I think that if we only committ to him for one year we are going to regret it because with Pep throwing to him, you know he is going to have stats.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast