Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Crystal Ball: Childress headed out, McKinnie to Miam

Later, Childress' open and blatant character assassination attempts on a guy that each of the players in the locker room knew as a standup person and leader, had to call into question the players' respect for Childress as a person.
    Speculation, but it could be a valid point IF Childress doesn't demonstrate high quality coaching on the field on Sundays. Most of the guys I think have been on the coaches side. They just were speaking their minds before the trade. When you are given lemons, you don't make OJ, you make Lemonade.

If Culpepper turns out to lead the Miami Dolphins to a significant amount of success, while the Vikings struggle under Childress, the trade will hang over his head for a long time and serve as a constant reminder of Childress' incompetence as a decision-maker.
    Ya but, it doesn't mean he would have had success in MN. Oh well. I think both DC and BC will do well this year. Many PPOers were coming down on Ruesse and other MN writers for coming down hard on BC (not having coached a game yet), I think this look of "incompetence" is why.

My crystall ball is telling me that Rod Marinelli will lead a revival of tough man football in Detroit, and his team's discipline will edge them over the loosely-ranked Vikings in the quest to produce an NFC North team that can attempt to compete with the Bears. Brad Childress' coaching regime will end in failure within three years
    Bullshit, an article like this will hang over your head, Chris Kouffman, for a long time and serve as a constant reminder of your incompetence as a sports writer.

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

Re: NFL Crystal Ball: Childress headed out, McKinnie to Miami

a crystal ball eh??? sounds like this guy is all messed up lol
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

My crystall ball is telling me that Rod Marinelli will lead a revival of tough man football in Detroit, and his team's discipline will edge them over the loosely-ranked Vikings in the quest to produce an NFC North team that can attempt to compete with the Bears. Brad Childress' coaching regime will end in failure within three years.
    First of all, he spelled crystal wrong.

Second of all, he says the Lions will compete with the Bears?! This guy is on crack.

Childress has been the coach for 4 months...cut the guy some slack. Let him play a game first! Geeze!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Idiot. Crystal ball....... crystal meth is more like it. :lol:

WWBGD

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

All this from a guy that says the Lions are going to compete with the Bears for the division crown.. This guy is a moron.. They really shouldn't let this guy loose on a computer.. The Lions have always proved that they choke either at the start of the season, or at the end of it.. Marinelli is a first time HC as well, yet he snubs Childress and says that the Lions will contend. We will see..

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    This guy only tells half the story. He talks about how Childress traded Pep. That's true but he doesn't say that Pep started the entire process with his e-mails. You can't blame Brad for requesting Pep do his rehab in MN. Pep was against it from the beginning. He didn't even want to meet face to face with Brad before any of that went down. pep was being resistant from the very beginning.
    I never had & never will have a problem with DC rehabing in Miami prior to the mini camp. All indications have been that his recovery was going well there.

Childress claimed Winter Park had a better facility, yet he never saw it.

From what I read, it didn't sound like the Winter Park facility even had an up-to-date equipment room as Red never sunk a dime into the place. Not even to fix the leaky roof.

That is one reason Wilf is pumping $3 mil into the Winter Park facility to bring it up to snuff.

Wilfs are running first-class operation
    Singer, I would have to agree with what you stated about Pep. All indications were that he was doing well. I can't argue that and I see Pep's reasoning. You couldn't blame Pep for that either. Don't brake what's not broken. I really didn't know about the poor conditions of the rehab facility. I look at it is DC being the leader of the team. That's the main reason why I think Childress wanted him there.

faninphx is offline Starter

This guy is on the fringes of sports journalism. He just throws as much mud to the wall as he can and just hopes some will stick. He's nothing more than an internet blogger.

boognish is offline Coordinator

This article is the biggest piece of crap I've ever read. Childress hasn't even coached a game yet and this bum says that Childress has "exhibited zero worthiness of being an NFL coach thus far". Huh? Childress has learned some lessons about media relations, but that has nothing to do with how he coaches the team on the field.

As for quoting all the players saying they wanted to keep Pep around, what were they supposed to say? They didn't know if he was coming back or not at that point; it would have been pretty dumb for them to say: "Pep is a small handed fumble machine coming off a potentially career ending injury and crying like a little biatch down in Florida"...but I guarentee a lot of them were thinking just that.

As for McKinnie, he has shown himself to be an average player at best thus far. If he turns it on and plays at an elite level this year, the Vikes will retain him; if not, there will be quite a few good LT's that will be FA's after this season, including: Bengals T Levi Jones, Jeff Backus of the Lions, and the Bills' Mike Gandy.
    I am a dipshit!!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I think this guy is smoking crack, and on top of that he should be in the speical olympics as a competitor......

How the hell do some of these guys get their jobs and how the hell could this guy consider himself a sports writer.....He obviously knows nothing about football....

Bill's great Draft?........I don't think so.....LMFAO
    I was thinking the same thing this guy must be on crack and WTF does he know about the Vikings he works for the Bills!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

purplepride818 is offline Starter

i think his crystal ball is broken.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast