i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NFL to consider Replay Rule change

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/25292/dirty-laundry-update-a-possible-replay-fix

the NFL's competition committee has proposed a change to the replay system... If the change is approved, replay officials will have the authority to review a scoring play at any point in the game. Coaches would have two challenges at their disposal as well, although the possibility of a third -- awarded if the first two were decided in your favor -- would be eliminated.
    I think it's needed.

A couple games last year come to mind that were decided by plays that could or should have been challenged.

The NCAA allows the officials to challenge any play
    the NHL allows the officials to challenge goals, furthermore, in the NHL, there needs to be clear visual evidence that it was a goal for the goal to be awarded, not just disprove the challenge.

Ways this could help, in Superbowl XLII, when Harrison ran back that interception but was tackled at the half-inch line, that would not be called a TD since there was not clear evidence he scored. (since he didn't)

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: NFL to consider Replay Rule change

With how how often they get calls wrong even after reviewing, I'm not sure I'm for this. I don't like the idea of giving the refs more power and influence than they already have on the game.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1091714
    With how how often they get calls wrong even after reviewing, I'm not sure I'm for this. I don't like the idea of giving the refs more power and influence than they already have on the game.
    How are the refs being given any extra power? They already determine if a play is a touchdown or not, and if there's something questionable, I would rather rely on them making a decision based on their talking and review of the play instead of a snap decision based on what they think they saw.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1091730
    How are the refs being given any extra power? They already determine if a play is a touchdown or not, and if there's something questionable, I would rather rely on them making a decision based on their talking and review of the play instead of a snap decision based on what they think they saw.
    This.