Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

NFL.com NFC North preview

The Packers made it into the playoffs as the result of three things:

1) Playing in a weak division. Other than the Vikings nobody else was competing with the Packers for the division...except for the Thanksgiving loss to Detroit which I'm sure most Packer fans would rather forget.

2) The Vikings loss to AZ in week 17. The Vikings blew it, we all know it and won't deny it. We choked, plain and simple. But the Pack depended entirely on the Vikings loss to Arizona. When you think about it, that's really not much to be proud of, Packer fans.

3) Playing the Denver Broncos bench offense in week 17. I hear a lot of Packer fans claim that they won their games and did what they needed to do to make it to the postseason. Well it's pretty obvious from watching that game that Denver really didn't give a crap. When Jake Plummer, Clinton Portis, Rod Smith, and half of their o-line was sitting on the bench, that doesn't make for much competition does it? Especially since the Pack, as opposed to Denver, was desperate to win the game.

Truth is the Packers made the playoffs with a tremendous amout of help. This year the NFC North will no longer be weak and the teams the division will play are not weak either. To say the Packers will be resting players in the final weeks of the season is idiotic...no team will be doing that this year, especially in the NFC.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Thanks a lot. What a fool you are to think that we won and you lost because of your generosity, our luck, and a league conspiracy.

The only thing you said truthful was, "the Vikings blew it." Ya, and it sure felt good. Anytime buddy anytime.

The Green Bay Packers back-to-back NFC North Champions! :bootyshake:
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    Thanks a lot. What a fool you are to think that we won and you lost because of your generosity, our luck, and a league conspiracy.

The only thing you said truthful was, "the Vikings blew it." Ya, and it sure felt good. Anytime buddy anytime.

The Green Bay Packers back-to-back NFC North Champions! :bootyshake:
    lol...not even close to what I said in the post...except for the part about your luck.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

It is interesting to see someone actually picking the Packers. Viking fans can get all indignanty, but you have to admit, the Vikes have gotten quite a bit of positive press this offseason. From my point of view, its nice to hear. From your point of view, it might be a nice reminder that the division title may not be completely engraved with the Viking name on it yet. If it truly were, what would be the point of playing out the season?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

can we clone Bud Grant?

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    I suggest if you are a big Viking fan you get a ticket in September or early October. Or better yet, buy a preseason ticket--the Vikings always win the "preseason superbowl"! Reality is the QUEENS will fold the "tent" by midseason, an annual affair.

The Packers will be resting players by week 16.

Enjoy 8-8 and Tice's last hoorah. I hear the weather is better in Southern California.

The truth hurts--THE VIKINGS SUCK!

Great dig at the Vikings, I don't anyone here has heard THAT one before.
    Let's see...If the Vikings suck and they are in a dead-heat for best record vs the Pack, what does that say for G.B.?

Before anyone even says it, the line was supposed to read "I don't think anyone here has heard THAT one before."

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

hey, where has he been lately. I don't think I've seen him around. Maybe he got enough of being wrong, (or maybe i just haven't been paying attention to who was here)!

He's hiding in some basement, nibbling on someting stinky.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"The Packers will be resting players by week 16."
    They will be resting up for the next season. :P The Packers will be out of the running by week 14.. :bootyshake:

WWBGD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast