Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

NFL coaches power poll

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Skolpepper is why we are rated this high. We are feared on the offensive side of the ball. He has kept the ball from being intercepted very well so far and has helped our offense put up big numbers. Moss does help, alot.

5 is fair for now. I don't want to be any higher than that in a poll, I want to see it on the field. Not is someones writing. If I wanted to be higer on a poll it would be in a defensive poll. No one has to tell me or you how good our offense is. I want to be hearing about our defense that would make me happiest.

Besides, when they voted, they had to go with the obvious undefeated teams that have good offenses. And the Colts lost to the Pats on a INT at the Goal line.

Heck if the Pack had one more win, they might be ranked 5 with us behind them. That would be F'd up.

Where did the pack place in this anyway?

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not putting too much weight on this poll. I mean, look at early last year, we were 2 or 3 in every poll, yet didn't even make the playoffs. I just thought it was nice to see that the coaches realize we are still one of the better teams in the league, even if we did lose to the eagles.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

NFL coaches power poll

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Skolpepper is why we are rated this high. We are feared on the offensive side of the ball. He has kept the ball from being intercepted very well so far and has helped our offense put up big numbers. Moss does help, alot.
    Yeah it is completely the offense, which is another reason we should not be ranked any higher than we are. So far our defense hasn't scared anybody.

But it's kind of interesting the coaches did not rank any defensive powerhouses besides New England that high. You hear all this stuff about how defense wins championships, apparently the coaches don't quite see it that way. Still gotta score points. That's why Buffalo, Miami, and even 3-0 Jacksonville will not make the playoffs this year in my opinion, unless they can find a way to get the ball in the end zone.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NFL coaches power poll

The NFL Coaches Poll should not come out until later in the season, much like the BCS Poll...it is way too early to be ranking teams...not enough games to judge teams on...much of the rankings are on reputation, even using games like NE vs. Indy and the Vikes vs. the Iggles can be deceiving because both of the teams that people thought would be good could collapse later in the season...God forbid that this happen to our Vikes. GO VIKINGS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

NFL coaches power poll

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    I'm not happy with #5. I think we're better than the eagles, Seahawks and Colts. We certainly haven't been playing liek it though.
    I think were better than the seahawks but not the eagles. The colts will be hard to stop when we play them so we better bring our A game cause we all remember what happened to us in St. Louis last year.

Why would any vikes fan not think we are better than the eagles? Did they beat us, or did we beat ourselves? Well, considering we had 100 yards more than them and had the ball 15 minutes more than they did, and had 11 penalties to their 3, it would seem like we beat ourselves. 6 times we were in the redzone, and how many of those times did we fumble or have a penalty? Probably every one. We showed, that if we don't make stupid penalties and turn it over in the redzone, we can easily beat the eagles, and on their field too.

Sure the eagles won and have a better record, so they should be ranked ahead of us, but really, we know that we can easily beat them if we play smarter, which would mean we think we are better than them.
    I do believe the Vikings CAN beat the Eagles. But the Eagles are no pushover. If the Vikings had not shot themselves in the foot so many times and scored more, there's no way to say how the Eagles would have reacted. It wasn't as if the defense ever shut the Eagles down either. Face it, the game is played between the lines, and in the only head-to-head matchup so far, the Eagles beat the Vikings and are still undefeated. By any account, that makes them better (or at least higher ranked) at this point.

Seahawks defense hasn't played anyone, but still has only given up 13 pts. this season. That, and a potent offense, puts them ahead of the Vikings as well.

Colts are debatable, I'll concede that you could rank the Colts and the Vikings about even.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12