Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Apology letter

I remember last year reading that the Vikings received an apology letter from the NFL offices after the blown call that cost them the game in San Francisco.
    Has anyone seen or heard if a letter has been issued for the blown call in the KC game last weekend?
    I have a couple unrelenting friends that are Chief fans that I would love to throw that story back in their faces.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: NFL Apology letter

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I remember last year reading that the Vikings received an apology letter from the NFL offices after the blown call that cost them the game in San Francisco.
    Has anyone seen or heard if a letter has been issued for the blown call in the KC game last weekend?
    I have a couple unrelenting friends that are Chief fans that I would love to throw that story back in their faces.

I think it was determined that the call was made correctly(you are talking about the shianco catch right).

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I kinda asked this question in another post on whether or not the catch was good or not. I looked all over for something that said that Childress even asked the NFL to look at the call. I couldn't find anything. I think his response in the press conference where he said something like, "If it had been a catch it would have stayed a catch. If it was ruled not a catch it would not have been a catch." In other words the officials would not have overruled their call because there was no clear-cut evidence that they were right or wrong.
    But, as several other have said here, that the bad pass to Ferguson was even worse for us because he was wide open. Whether it was Holcomb's fault or Ferguson's, I guess we'll never know.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:

Which blown call is that one?
    The offensive pass interference by Calvin Johnson in the Lions game?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

How about an apology letter from Roger "THE WUSS" Goodell for letting the Putzies off the hook for cheating?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I think it was determined that the call was made correctly(you are talking about the shianco catch right).
    It was "determined" so by KSTP only.
    Anyway, even if they did get something from the NFL, it is NFL policy to keep it private.
    And, it didn't cost us the game like last year against SF did.
    This play happened in the first half, and the rest of the game likely would have played out differently if KC was down by 1 instead of up by 3 in the waning minutes of the 4th.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I remember this as well. It was for mistakes in two consecutive weeks. 49ers and someone else

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The NFL needs to let robots be the referees

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm confused as to what the topic starter is referring to. Isn't he talking about the 49ers game last year, but people are answering about the Chiefs game from last week? What the heck is going on?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

He's talking about an apology letter for the bad call with Shank in last week KC game like the ones the Vikings got last year from the SF game.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast