Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

NFL 2K5 in stores for 19.99

I just rented it and although the features and game play arew nice the anouncemers are messed up.

Didn't they debug this thing HORRID
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

NFL2K5

Well, I have both Madden 2004 and NFL 2K4, and I like them both.

I also heard NFL2K5 is going to be better than Madden this year, from Game Informer magazine...

I am definitely going to purchase NFL2K5 as soon as I can...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i didn't really like 2k5 too confusing on franchise and takes up more time and don't really like the gameplay reminds me of an old madden gamestyle

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

franchise mode sucks in 2k5. Depth chart management is retarded, drafting isn't as easy as in Madden and the AI is real bad for draft most of them picked HBs or OT or DE in the first round. Trading is a pain. Dunno, I expect Madden to be better.

Also resigning players is stupid. Unless you give them pretty much exactly what they want they never seem to sign.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

exactly, i havr no idea why people said this game is better than madden

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    franchise mode sucks in 2k5. Depth chart management is retarded, drafting isn't as easy as in Madden and the AI is real bad for draft most of them picked HBs or OT or DE in the first round. Trading is a pain. Dunno, I expect Madden to be better.

Also resigning players is stupid. Unless you give them pretty much exactly what they want they never seem to sign.
    who cares, gameplay and graphics in 2k5 blow madden away for surez. THere maybe some junk stuff in 2k5 but i still think 2k5 will be better the madden. Gameplays explains it all.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

gpete13 is offline Starter

I rented it to give a run through.

This will be my take on it.

ESPN 2k5- Free rental with Blockbuster game pass. PS2 format.

Tried going into this game with a clear mind. I am an EA Sports fan, but I have sold back NBA Live 03 to get NCAA 2k3 basketball and was happier, so I will try new things.

So I played it at first to get used to it and ended up play the CPU twice and killing them. Granted it was against the Cards and some other lower team, so I gave it a pass, but liked the extra stuff I saw in the game. It was late at night and I basicly was just playing around getting a taste of it.

Played a few more games, against more difficult teams and the game play is a little better than at first. I am still think of the madden controls which cost me some plays, the triangle isnt a throw away (its R2) and I keep switching guys on defense instead of running fast. I have made some spectacular difficult plays (so does the CPU) but yet will not be able to execute a simple play. Im not a fan with the defense playbook, you pick your dline movement and then the backfield, there are some coverages that I want to run that arent there. The cool thing though is that you can assign a pre-snap double team. On Offense, the hot routing takes some getting used too and the motion response is very slow. Also Im not a big fan of quickly tapping for sprints. Also I find my self trying to use the playmaker feature (from Madden), but its not there and next thing I know I am being leveled. I miss that more than I though.

I downloaded the online roster, but yet it would not let me use it to start a franchise, neither would it let me use the roster I made some recent running back changes on it. The pregame weekly prep thing seemed too much stuff to keep doing. Also sometimes they give stats to key people that arent really impressive. Although Hovan is over a 90, I dont think his career #'s of 1 fumble recovery and 2 forced fumbles need to be highlighted to start a game and compared some other accomplished players.

But enough of the putting down, although these are important, I really like the other features of this game. The presentation and production does not lack a thing. If you like Sports Center, well this game is sports center. You have a halftime show that will use screen shots (if you dont have a hard drive in you console) and breaks down the game so far. The only thing is some stuff is repeated. There will allways be some sort of issue that the game is close, if you lead in some statistic, like 1st downs. It gets annoying, when your up 14-7 and you have 60 rushing yards to the CPUs 8 and Berman says your dominating in rushing and should be up by more. Anyway, after the game there is more still shot highlights(once again motion if you hav a hard drive) and a generic player of the game interview.

It doesnt finish there. After the week is over, you can watch this week's Sports Center and they recap all the games, show 2-3 clips of some of the games (not still, they are reproduced with action) and recap injuries and transactions. Its good. I would assume there will be more details to these Trey Wingo reports as the season goes on. Trades are unrealistic, they had Joey Harrington traded for Michael Stroud. I dont see how that helped either team, I guess it was time for the Mike McMahon era.

The game is good. Graphics are great. I started a game in the rain and the stadium looked great. The player faces are very realistic, I dont like their skinny short arms in some shots though. After the newness of the repeatative announcing gets to you (by the way Strahan should be charged rent for all the time he spends in the backfield, I didnt know that, but I do now and know it well) and the crowd shots get stale, it looses something. But some of the little things are good, the on the field trash talking is good, it does use the players names (surprisingly the defense doesnt really like Keyshawn, and tell him). There is a a good presentation to the game production, like its is a good ESPN presentation, but I'm not digging the game that much. I like the owner mode of Madden much better, the game play and game engine it uses. It is older than ESPN, but I am used to it and I like the tweks it gets every year.

The sound is good, although I am surprised there didnt seem like the hits were that loud. The music is nothing good, just like elevator music. You can also put the game music into the stadium - yay. The Xbox does have the advantage to import you own. Ill play around with it more before I give up on it. I havent been disapointed with Madden's soundtract (minus one Bon Jovi mistake).

Overall I am glad that there is another NFL game comming out that isnt ESPN. I would recommend a $6 rental, but save that other $14 towards Madden. That is a bit bias, but my personal opinon. I had more fun playing 04 for 10 months, than I would after the newness runs out of ESPN for the same amount of time.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

I have bought Madden every year, but this game
    is great.

The graphics, the fans and Chis over John anyday.

Also my crib is quite nice.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345