Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    gpete13 is offline Starter

NFL 2K5 in stores for 19.99

What format Xbox or ps2?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I bought 2k5, mostly cuz it was cheap and I anted to try it out. I will say a few things, keep in mind I am comparing this to MAdden 2004:

1. Madden controls and gameplay are way better. As far a calling audibles, shifting DL/LBs/ Coverage, it is some much easier to do with madden.

2. Playmaker controls are amazing in MAdden I was disappointed in ESPN you can't sinply change which side you are running the ball to with 2k5 at the line and/or bring lead blockers or receivers to different sides. receiver don't break of their routes etc.

3. 2k5 graphics and tackling animations are better than madden but the players seem to move very choppily, if that is a word. It is much smoother and controlled and responsive with madden.

4. No owner mode obviously :P, but similar in a sense.

5. That preperation for every game during franchise mode gets very tedious, I turned it off.
    Hey Italian, did you enounter any kind of trouble with the qb throwing the ball to the receiver when he was at least open?? I swear i get sacked 6 times a game on the easiest level since my stupid qb wont throw the ball and looks like he pump fakes to the reciever your trying to throw too. I thought getting sacked was pretty easy in this game compared to 2k4 where i never get sacked.

Also the AI is pretty good too, picking off balls on every misthrow. I was like wtf, this is the easiest level and they got three picks on me already.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I bought 2k5, mostly cuz it was cheap and I anted to try it out. I will say a few things, keep in mind I am comparing this to MAdden 2004:

1. Madden controls and gameplay are way better. As far a calling audibles, shifting DL/LBs/ Coverage, it is some much easier to do with madden.

2. Playmaker controls are amazing in MAdden I was disappointed in ESPN you can't sinply change which side you are running the ball to with 2k5 at the line and/or bring lead blockers or receivers to different sides. receiver don't break of their routes etc.

3. 2k5 graphics and tackling animations are better than madden but the players seem to move very choppily, if that is a word. It is much smoother and controlled and responsive with madden.

5. That preperation for every game during franchise mode gets very tedious, I turned it off.
    Hey Italian, did you enounter any kind of trouble with the qb throwing the ball to the receiver when he was at least open?? I swear i get sacked 6 times a game on the easiest level since my stupid qb wont throw the ball and looks like he pump fakes to the reciever your trying to throw too. I thought getting sacked was pretty easy in this game compared to 2k4 where i never get sacked.

Also the AI is pretty good too, picking off balls on every misthrow. I was like wtf, this is the easiest level and they got three picks on me already.

When I first played madden last year, it seemed impossible to me as well. I got sacked and threw int's all the time. It took time before I learned what to do and what not to do. You probably just have to get use to it.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

When I first played madden last year, it seemed impossible to me as well. I got sacked and threw int's all the time. It took time before I learned what to do and what not to do. You probably just have to get use to it.
    True but the controls are the same for 2k4 and all of a sudden all this bad stuff starts happening when it didnt before despite same exact controls and knowledge of the game.

Could be part of the game to fusturate you a lot.

gpete13 is offline Starter

From NoobSaibot at http://www.consolefootball.com.
    Thanks!

1. QB Eli Manning, Giants: 79
    2. T Robert Gallery, Raiders: 79
    3. WR Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals: 83
    4. QB Philip Rivers, Chargers: 78
    5. SS (I know he's a FS, but in the game he is SS) Sean Taylor, Redskins: 80
    6: TE Kellen Winslow Jr., Browns: 80
    7: WR Roy Williams, Lions: 83
    8: CB De'Angelo Hall, Falcolns: 79
    9: WR Reggie Williams, Jaguars: 79
    10. CB Dunta Robinson, Texans: 76
    11. QB Ben Rothlisberger, Steelers: 79
    12. ILB Jonathan Vilma, Jets: 77
    13. WR Lee Evans, Bills: 81
    14. DT Tommie Harris, Bears: 78
    15. WR Michael Clayton, Bucs: 79
    16. T Shaun Andrews, Eagles: 75
    17. OLB D.J. Williams, Broncos: 75
    18. DE Will Smith, Saints: 78
    19. G Vernon Carey, Dolphins: 74
    20. DE Kenechi Udeze, Vikings: 78
    21. DT Vince Wilfork, Pats: 77
    22. QB J.P. Losman, Bills: 73
    23. DT Marcus Tubbs, Seahawks: 73
    24. RB Stephen Jackson, Rams: 76
    25. CB Ahmed Carrol, Packers: 72
    26. RB Chris Perry, Bengals: 73
    27. OLB Jason Babin, Texans: 73
    28. CB Chris Gamble, Panthers: 73
    29. WR Michael Jenkins, Falcolns: 75
    30. RB Kevin Jones, Lions: 77
    31. WR Reshaun Woods, 49ers: 76
    32. TE Ben Watson, Pats: 73

Other Notables:
    33. OLB Karlos Dansby, Cards: 74
    41. RB Tatum Bell, Broncos: 71
    43. RB Julius Jones, Cowboys: 75
    48. OLB Dontarrious Thomas, Vikings: 71
    53. SS Michael Boulware, Seahawks: 73
    55. RB Greg Jones, Jaguars: 69
    59. SS Sean Jones, Browns: 71
    81. WR Devard Darling, Ravens: 65
    88. DE Darrion Scott, Vikings: 71
    90. QB Matt Shaub, Falcolsn: 65
    102. CB Will Poole, Dolphins: 65
    105. WR Samie Parker, Chiefs: 66 (93 speed)
    106. QB Luke McCown, Browns: 58
    111. SS Will Allen, Bucs: 62
    115. T Nat Dorsey, Vikings: 67
    119. RB Mewelde Moore: 58
    120. WR Ernest Wilford, Jags: 65
    128. RB Cedric Cobbs, Pats: 58
    133. DE Dave Ball, Chargers: 58
    148. QB Craig Krenzel, Bears: 49
    155. ILB Rod Davis, Vikings: 57
    184. FS Deandre' Eliand, Vikings: 58
    187. QB Josh Harris, Ravens: 60
    201. QB Jeff Smoker, Rams: 53
    202. QB John Navarre, Cards: 60
    217. QB Cody Pickett, 49ers: 60
    220. TE Jeff Dugan, Vikings: 44
    225. QB Matt Mauck, Broncos: 58
    248. QB B.J. Simmons, Texans: 45
    250. QB Bradley Van Pelt, Broncos: Not in Game (even as a FA)
    255(Mr. Irrelevant). OLB Andre Sommersell, Free Agent (drafted by Raiders): 45

wyviking is offline Rookie

i got the espn 2k5 just the other day and at first i was like this game has nothing on madden, but after i played it here for the last few days i have started to like this game. i still like madden but when you play espn2k5 for few games you get to like the little things that madden dosent have like sport center high lights and many unlockable items. i have a 8-1 record with the vikings on this game,under the franchise. i have to add if udeze is as good as he is on here the vikings got a kill DE, in 9 games i have 20 sacks with udeze. d.thomas the new LB is way good to, he has like 45 tackels and 7 sacks in 9 games. i just hope these two are like this in real life because then we have a pretty good d. but over all i say try this game and give it your own take ,you may like it, but you will still want to buy madden just because its madden.
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

JoeMama is offline Starter

I had the same problem with passing at first. I discovered last night that you have to hold the button down a bit rather than tapping it....if you tap it...the qb pump fakes.

I lost my first game on the pro level 35-0....then I spent a little time getting to know the button schemes and then holding the pass buttons down, I won my second game 31-0. So that told me that it wasn't the game...it was me rushing in, thinking I knew how to play.

Another cool feature....you can rip songs from audio files, and set them as your stadium music.

One odd quirk....McNair is my QB in franchise mode...but for some reason... he was also my kick return guy.....is that because I let the computer adjust my depth chart?

"JoeMama" wrote:
    I had the same problem with passing at first. I discovered last night that you have to hold the button down a bit rather than tapping it....if you tap it...the qb pump fakes.

I lost my first game on the pro level 35-0....then I spent a little time getting to know the button schemes and then holding the pass buttons down, I won my second game 31-0. So that told me that it wasn't the game...it was me rushing in, thinking I knew how to play.

Another cool feature....you can rip songs from audio files, and set them as your stadium music.

One odd quirk....McNair is my QB in franchise mode...but for some reason... he was also my kick return guy.....is that because I let the computer adjust my depth chart?
    It does weird things to mine too. I have winfield returning punts for me and he normally doesnt return punts. Yes i think the computer is screwing you over on that part.

When youre passing and when you tap it, the qb will lob it, i believe and when you hold down a little longer it will bullet pass. I could have gotten it mixed up. BUt ya, its easy to get sacked by the computer, but thats why you got the r1 button to scramble.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Any of you guys who have bought it maybe can answer this question:

How come when you run formations with a fullback, Jimmy K isn't in and Moe is? It is kind of annoying that they still have him as a FB. Considering we rarely run plays with a FB, you'd think they would adjust our playbook.

Also I was kind of annoed when I say they rated Antoine winfield as 79, WTF?

I had a hard time with INTs the first day I played it, but now you can basically run the same 5-10 plays and you will always gain positive yards, the AI is pretty weak, at least on the pro level. Now I'm beatibg teams like 50-6.

One thing I really like about ESPN 2k5 is the sky cam and replay shot, as well as the tackling animations, they are very realistic and make it seem like you are really in the game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

wyviking is offline Rookie

i say screw running a fb in the first place, when you have bennett that is fast as hell in this game.
    has any one traded for any one yet in this game its easy to get good players, i got dante hall for my punt and kick returns and i traded one of are lb for him, and then i traded for ray lewis and i only got rid of 1,2,3 round draft picks to me that seems to easy to get a guy like that. if we could do trades like that in real life that would be sweet
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast