Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gpete13 is offline Starter

NFL 2K5 in stores for 19.99

No, EPSN games are only for the consoles. Madden will be on the PC, but you'll have to wait till late August or September , I think.

Current rosters on the stock version means little more and more, since there is a new one out every few weeks to download. I hear the ESPN update still doesnt have Trotter and Gildeon on the right teams yet, but give them a week, it will get corrected. On ESPN I think you also play online with live rosters, ex- if Bennett is hurt, you cant use him.

I have heard good things about the game though. I know a lot of Madden people arent digging the game play and the button to switch players on defense and turbo are switched from Madden scheme. Im not really intrested in it. I will have a hard time to get all my madden in. I checked and with Madden I played 15 days 12 hours in the past year. So thats not much free time for another football game. If anything, if your not sure what to play, rent it.

As far as this being the last year of Madden I dont understand that rumor. Untill something is official, I wouldnt pay attention. You think EA is going to stop making one of the best selling games of all time? As far as I know Madden enjoys making the game. I just think its a rumor. If anything Madden might take his name off of it, and it will still be a great game. I like the crazy old man, but I like the game engine and franchise mode better.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

How can we not like Madden? He hails from Minnesota!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I've never really liked the 2K games. I will save my money and buy Madden, cause it is by far the best football game.
    Dude its only 20 bucks. You could buy two espn games with the madden money. Screw madden get 2k5!!!!! trust me its way better.

I think a lot of people will be scared away from this game, just because it is so cheap. I was reading a comparison between this game and madden, and 2k5 sounded pretty cool. I love the franchise mode in football games, and 2k5 sounded pretty cool. I haven't played any of the 2k games, so i don't know what is new and what is old, but it is cool that they have mel kiper on there talking about some of his draft studs and possible sleepers. I like how they give the generic drafted players faces. The players progression is done every 4 weeks, I believe, which is kind of cool. They have sport centers on the game too, with game highlights. It sounds like you can do a ton of pre-snap shifting, and you can change your coverage from a zone to a man-to-man, which you can't do in madden. For $20 bucks, I don't see how you can pass on this game, especially since it is already out and madded won't be out for another month or longer.

Hey, what are the vikes rookies rated in this game? and some other rookies?

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

The players progression is done every 4 weeks, I believe, which is kind of cool.
    It sounds like you can do a ton of pre-snap shifting, and you can change your coverage from a zone to a man-to-man, which you can't do in madden.
    Madden will be having these features, dont worry. Durring the season player adjustments were slated for 05. The defensive cover options will be greatly increased. More individual, like the hot routes. The reports I am getting from Madden fans are they are not happy with ESPN. After weeks of looking forward to it, a few are very disappointed. They like the graphics and sound, but not the game play. One gripe the motion receiver flips his routes and there is a lack of switching pre-snap direction on running plays without flipping the whole play (this was a great addition last year, great!!). The were being fair, saying they werent used to the game that much, but enjoyed playing madden over more.

The one feature with ESPN that sounds great is the VIP feature. Its a profile that will mimic the user, based of pervious game playing history. Say you run mostly to your right and blitz on 3rd and 2 all the time. Well your VIP profile will imitate that style when you play it or anyone that downloads it plays against it. There is also celeberty profiles you can play against, with personal taughnts and everything.

I think the only way to go is to decide for your self and test both of them. I just think comparing Madden to ESPN is premature. Wait till Madden comes out. Perhaps it will come out earlier if ESPN sales are strong, only thing is EA would like to give NCAA more time out in the market before competing with itself with Madden. I myself will stick with Madden, I'll pay maybe $20 after special perorder deals (EB games is giveing $20 towards Madden for 2 games you sell back). Last year I paid $14 for Madden. Even as a Madden fan, I would love for ESPN to do great. That will make a better Madden 2006.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"gpete13" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

The players progression is done every 4 weeks, I believe, which is kind of cool.
    It sounds like you can do a ton of pre-snap shifting, and you can change your coverage from a zone to a man-to-man, which you can't do in madden.
    Madden will be having these features, dont worry. Durring the season player adjustments were slated for 05. The defensive cover options will be greatly increased. More individual, like the hot routes. The reports I am getting from Madden fans are they are not happy with ESPN. After weeks of looking forward to it, a few are very disappointed. They like the graphics and sound, but not the game play. One gripe the motion receiver flips his routes and there is a lack of switching pre-snap direction on running plays without flipping the whole play (this was a great addition last year, great!!). The were being fair, saying they werent used to the game that much, but enjoyed playing madden over more.

The one feature with ESPN that sounds great is the VIP feature. Its a profile that will mimic the user, based of pervious game playing history. Say you run mostly to your right and blitz on 3rd and 2 all the time. Well your VIP profile will imitate that style when you play it or anyone that downloads it plays against it. There is also celeberty profiles you can play against, with personal taughnts and everything.

I think the only way to go is to decide for your self and test both of them. I just think comparing Madden to ESPN is premature. Wait till Madden comes out. Perhaps it will come out earlier if ESPN sales are strong, only thing is EA would like to give NCAA more time out in the market before competing with itself with Madden. I myself will stick with Madden, I'll pay maybe $20 after special perorder deals (EB games is giveing $20 towards Madden for 2 games you sell back). Last year I paid $14 for Madden. Even as a Madden fan, I would love for ESPN to do great. That will make a better Madden 2006.

Yeah I know, I just meant that madden wouldn't let you change your coverage from zone to man-to-man, which would be nice. There were a bunch of things about madden that sounded better than 2k5, but I was just giving a few things that sounded cool about this game. Another one I just remembered is, during each week, you get like 60 hours that you can use on different players or groups of players. You can assign a certain player or position group to do certain exercises, study film, do drills, and many other things. I think this is kind of a cool feature too.

I don't think you can go wrong for $20. It would be at least a decent filler for madden/football fans until madden does come out. At $40 or $50, I don't know if I would want to spend that much, if I liked madden and was gonna buy that when it came out, but $20 is dirt cheap. You could rent the game, but it doesn't cost much more to buy it. Wish madden was $20!

Can anyone who has the game tell me what our rookies are rated and some of the other rookies in the game as well, like will smith and maybe some of the other Lb's? I wonder what madden will rate Udeze at? DT will probably be around a 74 or so. Is madden gonna have the players progress every so many weeks during the season, like 2k5?

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Well im a madden fan but 2K5 is cheap so i think ill get it and just check it out and see which one i like better cant go wrong either way!
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    How can we not like Madden? He hails from Minnesota!!
    he beat us in the superbowl with the sorry raiders

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Oh yeah, good point magicci!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

With switching from man to zone you could set your audibles for that and now you can set the individual defensive players. I love plays with partial zone (Silce 7 out of the nickle strong set love that play), confuses the offense when they try to check if your in zone or man coverage with motion. And the info I found said that there will be in season progression for players. I'll ask around for the rookie ratings for ESPN.

In this article towards the bottom talks about the defensive "hot-routing"

http://www.maddenguides.com/madden2005interview.html

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I bought 2k5, mostly cuz it was cheap and I anted to try it out. I will say a few things, keep in mind I am comparing this to MAdden 2004:

1. Madden controls and gameplay are way better. As far a calling audibles, shifting DL/LBs/ Coverage, it is some much easier to do with madden.

2. Playmaker controls are amazing in MAdden I was disappointed in ESPN you can't sinply change which side you are running the ball to with 2k5 at the line and/or bring lead blockers or receivers to different sides. receiver don't break of their routes etc.

3. 2k5 graphics and tackling animations are better than madden but the players seem to move very choppily, if that is a word. It is much smoother and controlled and responsive with madden.

4. No owner mode obviously :P, but similar in a sense.

5. That preperation for every game during franchise mode gets very tedious, I turned it off.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast