Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NFC vikes 3rd...........

"SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    I hope the falcons lose the rest of their games so we can get a bye in the playoffs...but we have to focus on winning the division first.
    It will be extremely difficult to get into a tiebreaker situation with the Falcons. They have 3 more matchups with divisional opponents plus games against Oakland and Seattle. The Vikes would have to run the table also.

At least the division title would be great especially how it was grabbed away on the last play of the season last year. This would at least guarantee a home first round playoff game. A game against Atlanta could be next after that, another dome game.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

NFC vikes 3rd...........

I know, I was really pulling for the Saints to pull it off against the Falcons. But, I really feel the Falcons will falter during these last 5 games, they have shown they are weak to some easier opponents (56-10 loss to Chiefs).

I don't think we will be able to catch the Eagles, especially with how weak their division is. Maybe since they have already clinched their division, they will let up a little bit.

I would be happy with 12-4, NFC North Champs, and a first-round bye. Is that too much to ask?
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

NFC vikes 3rd...........

The schedule favors the Falcons, and has all year. They play one team with a winning record the rest of the year, Seattle the last game (by that time they probably won't even need a win). They play @ TB (4-7), Oak (4-7), Car (4-7), @ NO (4-7), @ Sea 6-5.

Unfortunately Atlanta's all but a lock for the #2 seed. The best the Vikes can hope for is a #3 seed with a home game against the #6 (Seattle or Rams).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

NFC vikes 3rd...........

"SKOL" wrote:
    The schedule favors the Falcons, and has all year. They play one team with a winning record the rest of the year, Seattle the last game (by that time they probably won't even need a win). They play @ TB (4-7), Oak (4-7), Car (4-7), @ NO (4-7), @ Sea 6-5.

Unfortunately Atlanta's all but a lock for the #2 seed. The best the Vikes can hope for is a #3 seed with a home game against the #6 (Seattle or Rams).
    I heard Mora saying that his team was the best. He was stressing it so much, I thought it was funny. It sounded like he was trying to convince himself.

Falcons are lucky with their schedule this season.

WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU VICK SUPPORTERS AT FOR THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE, OR EVEN THE TOP FIVE QB LIST?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

NFC vikes 3rd...........

worst record to get into the playoffs in the NFC this year...8-8. the vikes will be at least 10-6 but hoping for 11-5... green bay should top at 10-6 at the highest, so beating them on christmas eve and beating the bears this week will give the vikes thee advantage...cheers!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

NFC vikes 3rd...........

Vikings are not 3rd, they are 5th... and the wildcard when the pack wins tongiht... get it right
    3 Straight Division Champs

poult is offline Asst. Coach

NFC vikes 3rd...........

as of right now they are 3rd........... so you get your facts straight. or you looking past tonights game already?
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

eelpout72 is offline Starter

NFC vikes 3rd...........

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    I was just saying it's possible 7-9 could make the playoffs, that's why the "lol". More likely 8-8 though.
    I completely I unstertand what you were saying SKOL. I was just stating that I doubt a team with a record worse than 8-8 will make playoffs.
    actually, i think that is still possible (though extremely unlikely) for a 6-10 team to win the NFC West or make it as a wild-card in the NFC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12