Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

NFC North Predictions

How did you know I drive an '80 Aspen! That was a good one!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

NFC North Predictions

what the heck is an aspen?

NFC North Predictions

I have no idea. I was only a year old in 1980 and I think those cars were long gone before the time I started driving!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

NFC North Predictions

For the record, both Brian William(20) and Antoine winfield (9) were ranked in the top 20 corners in the NFL by Pro Football Weekly. McKenzie was 11th but I don't like his odds at playing in GB.

Jimmy K was ranked #4 for TEs and described as the most well-rounded TE in the game and has improved greatly as a pass catcher. Bubba was ranked at #10.

Moss was rated #2 (should be #1), and his production is almost better than the entire Packer WR corp put together, of whom none placed in the top 30.

Birk at #4 centers, Flanagan at #9

Culpepper at #8 with upside, Farve at #5 on the dowslide.

K-Will(#14) and Hovan (#16) vs. Hunt #15 and Jackson #23

Claiborne #22 for OLBs, but no Packers in top 25.

Sharper #3 FS vs Chavous #7

Just thought you

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

NFC North Predictions

My parents owned an Aspen station wagon when I was about 7 years old. Hey, we liked it. We liked shag carpeting and bell bottoms, too, but those were the times.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

NFC North Predictions

By the way, I'm going to give my two cents on the whole position by position thing. Talent at each position is great, but the Lakers proved that getting top-notch players, even experienced ones, at every position doesn't guarantee success.

That is what I see as the negative for the Vikings this upcoming season, and the positive for the Packers.

Did the Pack upgrade a lot? No.

Did the Vikings upgrade a lot? Sure.

But there still is the matter of gelling and working together to consider. If you go position by position, I think the Vikes and Pack are relatively close, and I might even concede an slight advantage to the Vikes overall.

But the Packers are presently overplaying their talent. The O-Line is a great example of good atheletes who aren't All-Stars, but play very well together, because they have done so, uninterrupted, for several seasons.

The Vikings, and you must admit, underachieved last season. To fix it, they've brought in an influx of talent. That normally doesn't fix things right away (a la Lakers).

So when I predict both teams with 9-10 wins, that's the reason. I don't buy the position by position stuff much...that's just to sell magazines and appeal to our male competitive spirit for stats and rankings.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

NFC North Predictions

Good points Los! But you could only imagine if the game was played position by position, couldn't you!!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

NFC North Predictions

Tex you have a point @ 6 foot whatever 200 whatever he is mountain but he is only decent in the red zone. the only threats the Green ay has are Green and Favre so of course the red zone is where he will be of any use. That dude sucks just like the homo team he plays for
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

NFC North Predictions

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Good points Los! But you could only imagine if the game was played position by position, couldn't you!!
    Sure! They call that fantasy football!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

NFC North Predictions

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    By the way, I'm going to give my two cents on the whole position by position thing. Talent at each position is great, but the Lakers proved that getting top-notch players, even experienced ones, at every position doesn't guarantee success.

That is what I see as the negative for the Vikings this upcoming season, and the positive for the Packers.

Did the Pack upgrade a lot? No.

Did the Vikings upgrade a lot? Sure.

But there still is the matter of gelling and working together to consider. If you go position by position, I think the Vikes and Pack are relatively close, and I might even concede an slight advantage to the Vikes overall.

But the Packers are presently overplaying their talent. The O-Line is a great example of good atheletes who aren't All-Stars, but play very well together, because they have done so, uninterrupted, for several seasons.

The Vikings, and you must admit, underachieved last season. To fix it, they've brought in an influx of talent. That normally doesn't fix things right away (a la Lakers).

So when I predict both teams with 9-10 wins, that's the reason. I don't buy the position by position stuff much...that's just to sell magazines and appeal to our male competitive spirit for stats and rankings.
    All well made points. I would be more concerned if there was a lot of infighting within the Vikings (as may be starting in GB ala McKenzie), or if they were adding, say, an offensive lineman or middle linebacker. But I think the additions the Vikings made will be a little more seamlessly integrated than some others that require more time to gain cohesiveness.

But you are quite correct that the Vikings underachieved last season, and sometimes the sum of lesser parts is greater than that of better individual parts.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast