Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re:NFC North Division Champs!!

LMAO. You just knew Singer wouldn't go down quietly.

SKOL on the division crown and a guaranteed home playoff game. This team takes a step forward every year.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

V-Unit wrote:
    LMAO. You just knew Singer wouldn't go down quietly.

SKOL on the division crown and a guaranteed home playoff game. This team takes a step forward every year.

-V-
    Thats got to be the best point made all week. Can you imagine how good they will be next year?

The offseason will be fun to watch.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Formo wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Favre as well as many others, need to step up their game if we want to even think about a playoff run. Favre's QB rating went from the 100's most of the year thru November, but in December he is now had 79.4, 79,2 & 79.7 respectively. That is significant & unless you are a Favre CSAer or blind, that is definitely degrading late in the season. Right Marrdro?
    Against the Niners, Favre's rating was 78.3. Against the Stillers, his rating was worse, 76.6. And if you want to count the sub-100 ratings, his rating against Cleveland was 95.3. Yes, it has degraded, but the season's not over yet. He's had some pretty good games this year, and he of all people deserve some leeway from having some poor games, too.[/quote]

So what you're saying is Favre's inconsistent.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Congrats guys. Hard to celebrate with this taste in my mouth.
    I couldn't agree more..

=/

At least Mars proven Singer wrong, though.. lol
    Wrong on some accounts & dead on in others. I'll definitely eat crow on winning the division & the fact that he Favre turned the ball over a lot fewer times than I expected, but lets not forget we lost 2 of our last 3 games.

Lest not forget Mars was the one claiming Favre would win us the SB. He has not done that as of yet, so he hasn't proven me wrong on that. In fact he backed out of his bet.

It was NP that won the $20 bet when I said that Favre would fail to deliver us an NFCN Championship. Thanx to the Packers sucking early & the Bears sucking all year, he has done just that.

Last nights game was yet another indication, IMO, that Favre has definitely degraded from what he was earlier in the season. Play like that will net you 1 and done in the playoffs & again IMO, that's were we are headed.

Some may call that being Mr. Negativity, but I call it taking off the Purple shades & being Mr. Honest. That last pass of his that was thrown into coverage, while a wide open Shiancoe stood alone in the endzone (most everyone here said Favre was great at making his reads) & was intercepted in the endzone was reminiscent of his gun-slinging. Also there were passes that would support the term "noodle arm".

I loved the Favre shovel pass to Shiancoe though. I would have thought that the tendon he had cut would have affected his ability to do so. It was beautiful.

What has happened to the so called "quick release" most here said we would see? 31 sacks thus far doesn't support that theory. Our line is to blame for some of it, just as it was last year (many here blamed Frerotte & Jackson for it), but he has been hanging on to the ball way to long too many times & on several occasions could have, but failed to throw it away to avoid the sack.

Favre as well as many others, need to step up their game if we want to even think about a playoff run. Favre's QB rating went from the 100's most of the year thru November, but in December he is now had 79.4, 79,2 & 79.7 respectively. That is significant & unless you are a Favre CSAer or blind, that is definitely degrading late in the season. Right Marrdro?

We won the NFCN when the Packers lost yesterday (some here call that "backing into the playoffs, LOL) are in the playoffs & have 11 wins. That is all moot moving forward, IMO. Now it's not about how many wins you've accumulated thus far in the season, it's now about how well the team can play in December, January & hopefully February.

We have two more weeks to figure it out. Let's hope we do.
    I suppose you wish the Vikings started TJack so the Packers would have won the division outright instead of the Vikings playing for a higher seed this weekend and locking up the NFCN. The season isn't over until it's over. It is insanity to come out of the shadows with an "I told you so" attitude when Favre was injured the end of last season. Best I can tell he played well the second half of the last loss. To think for even a second that Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels would have done a better job this year is craziness.

Do I cringe when I think of our QB situation in the future? Yes. But, right now, the Vikings have an HOFer starting at QB and he is easily better at 40 than TJ or SR. That much is obvious.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345