Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFC North

Prime Time 84 is offline Training Camp

NFC North

The NFC North is without a doubt the worst division in football. Overall, we are 2-6 as a division. What's worse is that those 2 victories were against other NFC North teams (Lions over Packers, Bears over Lions). None of the teams in this division are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. They just aren't. Therefore, the Vikings goal should be to make the playoffs. I think we're looking at the real possibility of winning your division with a losing record. The key for the Vikings is to win all of their divisional games. I think we'll beat Detroit twice. I think we'll beat Green Bay twice. One game that the Vikings always have trouble in is at Chicago. Every year the Vikings go in their as the far superior team, yet get beaten and roughed up and sent home. Vikings have to win that game this year. If we win all of our divisional games, we'll make the playoffs. I'd also make the bet that who ever does represent the NFC North in the playoffs will be confronted and slaughtered and sent home quickly.

Your thoughts?

Oh, and I'd just like to say how much nicer losing is when the Packers lose as well. It lifts the depression immediately.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFC North

Minnesota is fine. It's a NEW team everyone just relax.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I just can't relax, Daunte just played the two worst games of his life back-to-back. A good team right now would be at least 1-1 if not 2-0. We are playing like shit, its that simpel. I can't relax when my team is playing like the worst in the NFL.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I think 8-8 will probabaly win the division, although 7-9 would not surprise me. If the Vikes play like this the rest of the season though, they won't get to 7-9.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

It's still early in the season, SUPER EARLY. Only 2 games outta 16, by week 4 if we're not atleast 2-2 then it's time for us to worry and start pulling our hair out...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Prime Time 84 is offline Training Camp

Minnesota is not fine. 0-2 isn't the end of the world, but it does make things difficult on a team. More disturbing, however, is the nature in which we lost those two games. The only consoling thing is that the rest of the division is poor as well, hence my point. Your comment is overall irrelevent to what I'm talking about, is a great example of blind optimism, and noting the fact that we are a "new team", is also rather irrelevent. I don't think that's a valid excuse at all.

The other thing that worries me is having to play the Falcons, who are a very good team. Next week's game against the Saints IS a must win. If we lose that one, then we'll head into at Atlanta with a very good chance of going 0-4. 1-3 is overcomable. Technically, 0-4 is as well, but not realistically.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah I don't like how everyone panics after 2 games.. Sure it was bad.. But It was our cordinators 2nd game only.. Hopefully our line can play better and pep picks up his game.. Im confident of our team.. We are only 1 game behind the superbowl champs!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

hey, i know what will help... when we draft D'Brikshaw Ferguson next year... qith the 6th overall pick...

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    hey, i know what will help... when we draft D'Brikshaw Ferguson next year... qith the 6th overall pick...
    What 5 teams do you think are worse than us??

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

i dont know, but were going to blow, but i figure we get enough wins out of our division to be about sixth worst...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast