Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The NFC North

  1. #1
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,457

    The NFC North

    Lions lose, Green Bay looses, Chicago is getting killed in the first quarter as I watch and of course we get our asses kicked. We used to dominate the NFC but not this year that is for sure. It's pretty sad all around.
    Last edited by RK.; 12-22-2013 at 08:15 PM.

    WWBGD

  2. #2
    rockymtdan's Avatar
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Penrose Co 81240
    Posts
    133
    Up until yesterday NFC north had 3 teams in the playoff hunt, that not too bad.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

  3. #3
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404
    The Packers could have made the playoffs if they would have brought back Rogers. They didn't realize that the Bears and Lions were going to choke on a huge turd.

    The Packers were totally willing to pack it in for the season. They are saving their QB for years to come instead of going for the playoffs with a team that has been decimated by injuries.


    The Lions, WOW......... they get beat by the Giants at home. Stafford can wing it and is a "gunslinger" but he has lost a few games because of stupid throws. Anyway, If you thought we have it bad as Vikings fans, IT AIN'T NOTHIN in comparison.

    The Bears, all I got to say is I love Cutler, hope he plays for the Bears until he is 50.

  4. #4
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    The Packers could have made the playoffs if they would have brought back Rogers. They didn't realize that the Bears and Lions were going to choke on a huge turd.

    The Packers were totally willing to pack it in for the season. They are saving their QB for years to come instead of going for the playoffs with a team that has been decimated by injuries.


    The Lions, WOW......... they get beat by the Giants at home. Stafford can wing it and is a "gunslinger" but he has lost a few games because of stupid throws. Anyway, If you thought we have it bad as Vikings fans, IT AIN'T NOTHIN in comparison.

    The Bears, all I got to say is I love Cutler, hope he plays for the Bears until he is 50.
    It seems as if the majority of the teams in the NFL are mediocre at best this year, with only a few good teams; particularly in the NFCN where they all suck.

    Despite the dismal season the Vikings have had, I expect a significant turnaround next year, providing there are some wise front office moves and key additions in the off season.

    There is hope !

  5. #5
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    It seems as if the majority of the teams in the NFL are mediocre at best this year, with only a few good teams; particularly in the NFCN where they all suck.

    Despite the dismal season the Vikings have had, I expect a significant turnaround next year, providing there are some wise front office moves and key additions in the off season.

    There is hope !

  6. #6
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    The Lions, WOW......... they get beat by the Giants at home. Stafford can wing it and is a "gunslinger" but he has lost a few games because of stupid throws. Anyway, If you thought we have it bad as Vikings fans, IT AIN'T NOTHIN in comparison.

    The Bears, all I got to say is I love Cutler, hope he plays for the Bears until he is 50.
    Reggie Bush asked for a players only meeting like 4 weeks ago, to hash out the problems they were having after starting 6 and 3. Apparently, these meetings allow for players to "fess up" to the mistakes and lack of quality play, and usually clear the air and allow for the team to actually start playing like a team again. Many of the players were for it, because Bush had been on a SB winning team and knew what he was about.

    Stafford vetoed it. apparently, Stafford wasn't interested in talking about his own short-comings, and said in effect, "We are fine!" Boy, there has GOT to be some hard feelings on that team right now, especially towards Stafford.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

    ~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

  7. #7
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    233
    Blog Entries
    1

    The NFC North

    The north isn't that strong if the vikings can sign the right free agents and draft a real QB in the draft and change coaches and please fix that defense scheme, I think we right back in the mix

  8. #8
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,993
    Stupid bears!!! I hope the niners rape the hell outta the cheesedicks next week.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  9. #9
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    The north isn't that strong if the vikings can sign the right free agents and draft a real QB in the draft and change coaches and please fix that defense scheme, I think we right back in the mix
    The mix to barely make the playoffs and maybe get a division championship in a weak division?

    The front office needs to try to win it all ... the Super Bowl is the goal !!!

    Randy Moss exposed the Vikings as a team using old methods to get by. New England, Green Bay, Seattle, and San Francisco out-hustle the Vikings. They work harder in the front office, and they are cutting edge.

    ... and the Bears gave the Packers another division win ... the Packers guy on KFAN will not shut up now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •